New Vapemail Ejuice bottles not full?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jwag1973

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 9, 2013
Saint Louis, MO.
So today I received some Vapemail. It consisted of four-thirty ml bottles, from three separate venndors. Opened the first package from Goodlife Vapor-Deadly Sin, completely full. The second was AVE-Boba's, completely full. The third package was two-thirty ml bottles of different tobacco's I'd been anxiously awaiting, I'd say 3/4 way full each at best.I was slightly disappointed to say the least. This was my first purchase from this vendor after hearing nothing but positive feedback regarding them. I'm not here to bash them, obviously I didn't name them. I order all my juice online and these bottles are by far the lighest I've ever received. So my question is, do you find the same thing with different vendors? To be honest, most all the liquid I've received from my normal suppliers are pretty much full. Thanks for your feedback in advance!

EDIT: All bottles are the same dimensions!

Last edited:

theinlawjosie

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 22, 2013
The Bluegrass State
Some of the bottles I receive from a couple of vendors seem a bit light when compared to other vendors, however, some of those other vendors advertise their 30ml bottles as more than 30ml. I believe what you are seeing is a precise filling method - some vendors use precise, automated measuring devices to fill their bottles - you may be getting exactly 30ml with them while you are getting more like 32ml with some of the vendors who fill to the top. I don't know if that made any sense or not, but I hope it helped. Lol.

RobinBanks

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 1, 2013
Jersey Shore
Yeah, are you comparing different types of bottles or are they exactly the same bottle design? My GUESS is that you have the correct amount of juice in the bottles but the bottles are larger than 30ml in reality.

edit: yep, I've found what theinlawjosie said above to be very common too.

Last edited:

TCO76

ECF Veteran
Oct 31, 2013
KS
Were all 3 glass or was the one with less the only plastic?
sent from my S4 using tapatalk[/
QUOTE]

All the bottles were plastic. Side by side look identical, the caps being the only difference!

Commented before I read other comments. I think above sounds likely. But still.

sent from my S4 using tapatalk

Last edited:

SharonMM

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 22, 2013
Lakeville, MN
I would be ticked. Sorry but, did you buy a 28 or 29ml bottle? No you did not. I'm not suggesting you make a stink of a ml or two, but vendors ought to be concerned about the presentation of their product. What does it look like for a consumer to receive a 3/4 full bottle? Pretty cruddy, imo. Corners got cut somewhere. Either they were negligent in the filling process, or they bought the wrong size bottles and just decided to use them anyways. And I don't think its right to expect the customer to be like "oh.. well, that's ok". No way man. Whomever you bought those bottles from needs to get it together. Just saying.

theinlawjosie

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 22, 2013
The Bluegrass State
I would be ticked. Sorry but, did you buy a 28 or 29ml bottle? No you did not. I'm not suggesting you make a stink of a ml or two, but vendors ought to be concerned about the presentation of their product. What does it look like for a consumer to receive a 3/4 full bottle? Pretty cruddy, imo. Corners got cut somewhere. Either they were negligent in the filling process, or they bought the wrong size bottles and just decided to use them anyways. And I don't think its right to expect the customer to be like "oh.. well, that's ok". No way man. Whomever you bought those bottles from needs to get it together. Just saying.

I'm going to have to respectfully disagree with you here. As Robino pointed out above, HHV fills their bottle precisely and it makes it look like you are getting less than a full 30ml... HHV is one of my favorite vendors and I think it says a lot that they use precise measurements for every order. We all like to talk about consistency among vendors - this is part of that consistency... Would I like it if they overfilled their bottles? Obviously, but am I going to think less of them as a vendor because they don't look as full as others when I am getting exactly what I paid for? Nope! Moon Mountain Vapor advertises their 30ml bottle as 32ml - it is the same size bottle as HHV and other vendors' 30ml bottles, but they overfill and give you a couple extra ml. I have even seen some vendors address the space at the top of their bottles in their FAQ sections.

Of course, if the OP did get shorted a ml or two that's a completely different story. :toast:

Robino1

Resting in Peace
ECF Veteran
Sep 7, 2012
Treasure Coast, Florida
I'm going to have to respectfully disagree with you here. As Robino pointed out above, HHV fills their bottle precisely and it makes it look like you are getting less than a full 30ml... HHV is one of my favorite vendors and I think it says a lot that they use precise measurements for every order. We all like to talk about consistency among vendors - this is part of that consistency... Would I like it if they overfilled their bottles? Obviously, but am I going to think less of them as a vendor because they don't look as full as others when I am getting exactly what I paid for? Nope! Moon Mountain Vapor advertises their 30ml bottle as 32ml - it is the same size bottle as HHV and other vendors' 30ml bottles, but they overfill and give you a couple extra ml. I have even seen some vendors address the space at the top of their bottles in their FAQ sections.

Of course, if the OP did get shorted a ml or two that's a completely different story. :toast:

As I think about this, do the vendors that already have the liquids mixed (VG/PG/nic/flavoring) fill them to the top from a main batch? Or are they guessing the exact amounts of each PG/VG/Nic/flavor as it goes into each bottle? I honestly don't know how vendors mix their liquids. Since there are so many variations, it would stand to reason that each order needs to be mixed with precise measurements for each bottle.

I do know that HHV mixes when they receive the order. I ask for 8mg nic in the notes field and it has to be mixed when they get the order. That nic strength is not in the drop down menu. The jump from 12 to 6mg was just too big for me. I'm slowly getting down in nic. ;)

I would rather have precise measures over overfilled bottles. Just my two cents.

Barbara21

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 21, 2013
Greenville, SC, USA
As I think about this, do the vendors that already have the liquids mixed (VG/PG/nic/flavoring) fill them to the top from a main batch? Or are they guessing the exact amounts of each PG/VG/Nic/flavor as it goes into each bottle? I honestly don't know how vendors mix their liquids. Since there are so many variations, it would stand to reason that each order needs to be mixed with precise measurements for each bottle.

I do know that HHV mixes when they receive the order. I ask for 8mg nic in the notes field and it has to be mixed when they get the order. That nic strength is not in the drop down menu. The jump from 12 to 6mg was just too big for me. I'm slowly getting down in nic. ;)

I would rather have precise measures over overfilled bottles. Just my two cents.

Actually, I would strongly suspect that HHV is mixing 2/3rds 6mg juice with 1/3rd 12mg juice to get your 8mg.

Robino1

Resting in Peace
ECF Veteran
Sep 7, 2012
Treasure Coast, Florida
Actually, I would strongly suspect that HHV is mixing 2/3rds 6mg juice with 1/3rd 12mg juice to get your 8mg.

I would agree, except they do mix when the order is placed. I can't imagine they have all the variations of PG/VG/Nic mg already mixed and in large batches. And then there's the fact that the Liquids all need airing/steeping.

EDIT: They do state that their liquids are mixed when you place your order.

Last edited:

Rocketpunk

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 14, 2012
Dayton, Ohio
I can't name the company I work for, but we sell pre-steeped juices in batches. They're mixed in large batches (not sure of the exact amount, but it's multiple liters) using proprietary formulas, then squeezed into shampoo sized bottles for the workers to squeeze into 10 and 30 ml bottles. This is a continual, never-ending process. Once a large batch is made it is steeped for exactly two weeks from the born on date and then bottled. Dates and lot numbers are included in every batch and bottle. The PG/VG ratio is fixed and cannot be "custom" made.

EDIT: The 10 and 30 ml bottles actually hold 12 and 32 mls respectively, and they're always filled to the top.

Last edited:

Robino1

Resting in Peace
ECF Veteran
Sep 7, 2012
Treasure Coast, Florida
I can't name the company I work for, but we sell pre-steeped juices in batches. They're mixed in large batches (not sure of the exact amount, but it's multiple liters) using proprietary formulas, then squeezed into shampoo sized bottles for the workers to squeeze into 10 and 30 ml bottles. This is a continual, never-ending process. Once a large batch is made it is steeped for exactly two weeks from the born on date and then bottled. Dates and lot numbers are included in every batch and bottle. The PG/VG ratio is fixed and cannot be "custom" made.

EDIT: The 10 and 30 ml bottles actually hold 12 and 32 mls respectively, and they're always filled to the top.

Thank you! I thought that those bottles actually hold more. Maybe to allow for expansion if some things need that room? I'm sure that those bottles were not made for e-liquid originally. I wonder if the makers of those bottles wondered what people were using them for. All of a sudden they get thousands of orders :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread