Status
Not open for further replies.

Rikiel

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 16, 2012
USA
Hi guys,

I started vaping maybe a month and a half ago (largely inspired by PBusardo, huge shout out for helping me switch), and I'm happy to say that i've been largely smoke free after that time. I started on a v1 (i think) lavatube with a vivi Nova, and from there quickly got into building my own coils. Soon i discovered how much i love tinkering with these things to get that best possible vaping experience. But now I feel i've outgrown my Lavatube and I need something a lot more advanced to keep up with my love of tinkering.
I have a few RBAs coming in the mail right now and I've realized that my old lavatube just wont be able to maximize their potential, so i'm looking to pick up a new PV that has a much higher amp limit so i can start rocking some tripple coils in my new RBAs :evil: (just for the sheer awesomeness), and just generally other fun things. I've been looking at the vmax and zmax, and know about their voltage display issues, though since i'm looking for sheer power i dont think it would be much of a problem. I'd love to check out the classifieds here which is why i'm finally posting my first thread after lurking for a while here on the forum. Anyone have any advice on what kinda PV i would be looking for that has:

High amp limit
Ohm display
Voltage/Watt control
Is a tube mod
Budget! (I only have about as much as i used to spend on cigarettes. I have been thinking VMax because i have been able to find it around $65-70.)
Saftey!!! (Big one)

Thanks for the help guys!

Last edited:

Titanium

Moved On
Oct 19, 2012
Well, I can't help you select a PV, BUT I can say:
Welcome to The
B16162EA-FA65-4E56-843D-0FCC083F767F-15215-0000053A8DCD9657.jpg

Titanium

Moved On
Oct 19, 2012
Last edited:

NancyR

Account closed on request
ECF Veteran
Apr 25, 2012
Washington State
Welcome to ECF, not sure why you don't think the amp limit on the provari would be high enough, but really IMO, none of the units mentioned will give you the tinkering fix you are after.

While you need 20 posts to apply to be verified for the classifies, you only need 5 posts to go to other sections. We do have a modders section here at ECF. Going off what you said in the op, that may be more along the lines you are wanting.

Rikiel

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 16, 2012
USA
NancyR said:
Welcome to ECF, not sure why you don't think the amp limit on the provari would be high enough, but really IMO, none of the units mentioned will give you the tinkering fix you are after.

While you need 20 posts to apply to be verified for the classifies, you only need 5 posts to go to other sections. We do have a modders section here at ECF. Going off what you said in the op, that may be more along the lines you are wanting.

Your reply makes me very sad :(
But it was certainly very useful! I will have to check that section out. thanks!

And i guess i dont think it would work because of the math. I'm going to assume my 3 coils are 3 ohms each, making the tripple coil setup 1ohm total. I like to run my coils around 5 volts, so that gives me something along the lines of...

5volts / 1ohm = 5amps x.x

And i dont think that 5 volts is even going to be enough for this setup. Probably going to need more like 6 - 6.3 or even more heh.
So i guess i just want to push everything to its absolute limit heh.

Last edited:

Titanium

Moved On
Oct 19, 2012
Your reply makes me very sad :(
But it was certainly very useful! I will have to check that section out. thanks!

And i guess i dont think it would work because of the math. I'm going to assume my 3 coils are 3 ohms each, making the tripple coil setup 1ohm total. I like to run my coils around 5 volts, so that gives me something along the lines of...

5volts / 1ohm = 5amps x.x

And i dont think that 5 volts is even going to be enough for this setup. Probably going to need more like 6 - 6.3 or even more heh.
So i guess i just want to push everything to its absolute limit heh.
Good luck finding anything over 4.0V

Rikiel

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 16, 2012
USA
It was pointed out to me that the zmax's amp limit was 4 amps. I could be mistaken (happens pretty often lol) but i think the vmax has an amp limit of 5amps.

I dont quite understand variable wattage though, maybe thats where its different. Could you explain it a bit more?

I second this, the amp limit it higher on the zmax, and as of right now, unless you wanna drop a ton of cash on a darwin, it's as far advanced as I think you could go... with the exception of a mechanical mod.

Dauyd

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 4, 2011
Wisconsin
I dont quite understand variable wattage though, maybe thats where its different. Could you explain it a bit more?

The combination of Voltage and ohms will give you your watts

Variable voltage= You put on X ohm head and adjust the voltage to get the wattage that you like.

Variable wattage= you set your amps, and when you change heads to a different ohm, it automaticallhy adjusts your volts to attain your desired wattage.

Kinda like a cruise control for your PV.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread