New vaper looking for the right main PV

Status
Not open for further replies.

tj99959

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
  • Aug 13, 2011
    utah
    Brandon will have the dna-20 out shortly, and you sound like a good candidate for building your own awesome mod.
    So keep an eye out for it's release date
    Evolv

Here's a little box mod using stacked DNA-12's for some 24 watt vaping 'pleasure'
    dna-p4.jpg

Last edited:

elmattias

Resident Miyagi
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jul 16, 2012
    N'awlinz
    high amp limit you say? You want mechanical. no amp limit with mechanical mods, therefore perfect for what you want, pending you keep the resistance low enough...however the only other thing I could suggest is waiting on the vario, as whenever vapor beast decides to release it it's supposed to have a six amp switch...until then though, from what you've said thus far, I'd have to say your wants point towards a mechanical mod

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2

flintlock62

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Oct 2, 2012
    Arkansas Delta
    I just purchased a eGo -T Twist from My Vapor Store for $76.19. (Use 5ecf coupon) The reason for that is it was the cheapest they had, and I bought a Mini Vivi Nova to go along with it for $11.48 (Got Vapes). The total was $87.67.

After I ordered on line, I called them up and said I wanted the 1,000 mAh Twist which is a $9 upgrade (included in the above price). That's just a bit more than your budget, but it 'll average out in a short time.

The Mini is rebuildable, which will factor in to the cost savings. You will also need to get replacement heads.

A 5 pack cost me $15.99 (Vapor Beast). Depending on use and care, a head can last maybe a month or longer.

elmattias

Resident Miyagi
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jul 16, 2012
    N'awlinz
    I just purchased a eGo -T Twist from My Vapor Store for $76.19. (Use 5ecf coupon) The reason for that is it was the cheapest they had, and I bought a Mini Vivi Nova to go along with it for $11.48 (Got Vapes). The total was $87.67.

After I ordered on line, I called them up and said I wanted the 1,000 mAh Twist which is a $9 upgrade (included in the above price). That's just a bit more than your budget, but it 'll average out in a short time.

The Mini is rebuildable, which will factor in to the cost savings. You will also need to get replacement heads.

A 5 pack cost me $15.99 (Vapor Beast). Depending on use and care, a head can last maybe a month or longer.

he wants high amps...the twist simply will not cut it in the application he wants to use...the amp limitation on the twist is dreadful.

Rikiel

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Sep 16, 2012
    USA
    The combination of Voltage and ohms will give you your watts

Variable voltage= You put on X ohm head and adjust the voltage to get the wattage that you like.

Variable wattage= you set your amps, and when you change heads to a different ohm, it automaticallhy adjusts your volts to attain your desired wattage.

Kinda like a cruise control for your PV.

Very informative. Thank you!

Rikiel

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Sep 16, 2012
    USA
    Going by original post, sheer awesomeness =/= safe. My take is, get an ohm meter, and a mechanical mod. It'll do what you want it to do.

Now, what is this triple coil RBA you're talking about? Care to share?

Oh saftey is one of my top priorities. That is why i listed saftey as one of the requirements for the mod i want. This is also why i dont think i should go mechanical with this just yet. Especially since i really only have a month and a half experience.

This tripple coil RBA is a phoenix style setup with two wicks running along the sides of the RBA, and a SS vertical wick and coil directly in the center.

If you look up tripple coil phoenix on youtube and click the first one i think (Mylasian guy with yellow shirt and glasses) he shows off his own tripple coil bulid. And i thought to myself... "Thats just way too awesome to not try myself". And the whole idea that you could push your hardware to that extent really opened up a whole new world of vaping for me :3. Hence needing a more powerful device :p.

Rikiel

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Sep 16, 2012
    USA
    Brandon will have the DNA-20 out shortly, and you sound like a good candidate for building your own awesome mod.
    So keep an eye out for it's release date
    Evolv

Here's a little box mod using stacked DNA-12's for some 24 watt vaping 'pleasure'
    dna-p4.jpg

Making my own is most definitely the next step! And i cant wait to give it a run. For now though, i'm still learning what its all about. But i will definitely keep up to date on this little chip :3.

Rikiel

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Sep 16, 2012
    USA
    I bought a vmax off of the classifieds after about a week of use its in my drawer I'm going to end up putting it back on the classifieds its just not what I like.

Personally I'm stuck on my Gripper I love it or my silver bullet kicked.

Definitely going to keep up to date on that. Pretty sure i'm not going to be able to afford a new one, which is why i started posting on the forum. I need that 20 posts so i can take a gander at the classified section :D.

Rikiel

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Sep 16, 2012
    USA
    The kind of amperage you need to run 3 coils @ combined 1ohm, would trip most electronic switch limit imho, hence the mechanical suggestion.

PS: Will look into that phoenix build. Would be a challenge to fit 3x 3ohm coil in there lol.
    Yeah its gonna be tough, but i have faith in myself :3. Honestly if i can get 2 coils in there with 6 wraps, then i can get the third vertical one in there no problem.

elmattias

Resident Miyagi
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jul 16, 2012
    N'awlinz
    Oh saftey is one of my top priorities. That is why i listed saftey as one of the requirements for the mod i want. This is also why i dont think i should go mechanical with this just yet. Especially since i really only have a month and a half experience.

This tripple coil RBA is a phoenix style setup with two wicks running along the sides of the RBA, and a SS vertical wick and coil directly in the center.

If you look up tripple coil phoenix on youtube and click the first one i think (Mylasian guy with yellow shirt and glasses) he shows off his own tripple coil bulid. And i thought to myself... "Thats just way too awesome to not try myself". And the whole idea that you could push your hardware to that extent really opened up a whole new world of vaping for me :3. Hence needing a more powerful device :p.

if you don't feel that mechanical is safe enough...you could always get a 2 cent fuse and be alright.

Rikiel

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Sep 16, 2012
    USA
    if you don't feel that mechanical is safe enough...you could always get a 2 cent fuse and be alright.

Thats true i guess. I'm really looking for something with an ohms tester as well though. Those are an extra 20 bucks or so if you can find them cheap. And i'm not made of money heh.

elmattias

Resident Miyagi
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jul 16, 2012
    N'awlinz
    Thats true i guess. I'm really looking for something with an ohms tester as well though. Those are an extra 20 bucks or so if you can find them cheap. And i'm not made of money heh.

you can get a basic multimeter to read ohms at harbor freight for right at around ten bucks,which would also be handy for checking voltage and amps

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread