New Vaper, Trying to quit cigs...

Status
Not open for further replies.

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
Ah, yes, and not just with my morning coffee either. I think everyone does some chain vaping when switching over, it's pretty common. I wouldn't worry too much about it, things will likely ease up as you get further away from cigarettes. It's normal. Unless your tank is overheating or you are getting symptoms of nicotine overload, you should be fine (fatigue, yawning headaches, nausea, etc). I don't know what your nicotine level is, but it may be possible to raise it slightly higher if the chain-vaping is bothering you.

I kind of look at is as a) adjusting to new stuff b) you are detoxing from other things not just nicotine and c) nicotine is less readily absorbed in e-cigs than nicotine so a certain amount chain vaping to get your nic levels up (especially after not vaping overnight) can be fairly routine.

Best of luck, and welcome to ECF, congrats on wanting to switch from cigarettes!

Anna

tgs3

ECF Veteran
Aug 3, 2017
Brooklyn, NY
I began vaping in order to reduce and hopefully quit smoking cigarettes. It has worked so far. I typically smoked 25/30 cigarettes a day. I smoked 30 cigarettes in the last week. I vape constantly almost always at 24mg. The mornings are particularly tough - what cigarette smoking I still do is in the morning and early afternoon. I pick up one of my devices and vape like crazy even when I have just had a cigarette. So, it is not just you!

Good luck!

Augmxnted

Aug 28, 2017
I began vaping in order to reduce and hopefully quit smoking cigarettes. It has worked so far. I typically smoked 25/30 cigarettes a day. I smoked 30 cigarettes in the last week. I vape constantly almost always at 24mg. The mornings are particularly tough - what cigarette smoking I still do is in the morning and early afternoon. I pick up one of my devices and vape like crazy even when I have just had a cigarette. So, it is not just you!

Good luck!
lol, glad to know its not just me, ive been smoking 2 cigarettes a day mostly in the evening and vaping the rest of the time but im really trying to quit cigarettes completely. i guess its better than the 40 cigs a day i used to smoke before vaping. good luck to you too! :)

Bonskibon

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 11, 2015
lol, glad to know its not just me, ive been smoking 2 cigarettes a day mostly in the evening and vaping the rest of the time but im really trying to quit cigarettes completely. i guess its better than the 40 cigs a day i used to smoke before vaping. good luck to you too! :)
We go by how many NOT smoked around here. :) It took me months before I was completely cigarette free. It's all about what works for you.

Yes - 1 pint cup of freshly ground coffee Latte and my little eRoll since 2012 - Cant have one without the other in the mornings...

There's no denying it - you are swapping one addiction for another but one is significantly less harmful than the other.
I would have to say if I HAD to go cold turkey from real cigs or vaping, vaping would be the hardest.
Also if it wasn't for vaping I could never have gone cold turkey off real cigs.
Vaping once you make the transition and there is a transition is by far more enjoyable and pleasurable than real cigs.

I cannot stand the smell of real cigs and second hand smoke and it always surprises me when I see someone over the age of 30 still smoking real cigs!
If they cannot get off cigs NOW with the wonders of vaping they never will.

I ask these people "Have you tried vaping?" And they usually have but couldn't take to it for what ever reason... its insanity to me... its not rocket science that cancer and real cigs are linked and the longer you smoke the higher the odds are stacked against you.

There IS a transition and its harder for some more than others I understand but once you make that mild alteration theres no going back or at least not for me... hate those smelly expensive cancer sticks!

Eskie

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 6, 2016
NY
yeah, i started smoking 2 packs a day at 12 years old and ive been smoking 2 packs a day until very recently and im 24 years old now.

You're really fortunate you're dealing with this now. I wish I had taken action at 24. Just take it slow, you're down to only what, 2 cigs a day? You'll get transitioned off and go to full time vaping. And yes, you will still have episodes of cravings, but that's when you chain vape to get through it. If you're finding it difficult you can also increase the nic concentration. I started at 24 mg and slowly worked my way down to 6 mg, but much of that was my changing vape style.

Actually, today is my 2 year anniversary. I never expected to reach this point.

Hang in and good luck.

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
Happy two years Eskie, that's fantastic. And I am in agreement that vaping has been the ONLY quit method for me, though it took me some time to get there, from dual using, like many. So, to the OP just keep at it and do NOT stop vaping. That was the biggest thing for me, I'd vape right before and right after a cigarette, and they dwindled away.

Anna

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
So ive been trying to quit smoking cigarettes, i bought a vape about 2 months ago. anyone else, when first quitting cigs and switching to vape notice they chain hit their vape with coffee in the morning?

Thanks :) yeah, i haven't been getting sick of any sorts, i wanted to know if it was just me or not.

Trust me. It Isn't just you.

A Lot of people when they quit smoking Chain Vape at times when they Always had a Cigarette. Like in the mourning with Coffee. Or at Night after Dinner. These two times were the Hardest for me to not smoke.

But what Many People who switch to vaping Don't realize is you Don't have to just us One Nicotine mg/ml level. And what worked for Me, as well as Many Others I know, is to use 2 Different Nicotine Levels.

One level was my Day-2-Day level. Something that gave me Enough Nicotine to keep me satisfied, but not some high that I felt Overloaded.

The Second one was at a Much Higher Level. And I used that in the Mourning when I Really Wanted a Smoke to go with my Coffee. And after Dinner.

This Second one was Too High to use all day long. But worked Great to Break the Mourning Coffee/After Dinner Smoke routine. Something even Chain Vaping with my Day-2-Day e-Liquids couldn't.

Using a Higher Nicotine Level in a Back-Up e-Cigarette worked Much Better for me than Chain Vaping a lower level.

coolerat

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 20, 2015
Verona,NY
On day one of the current quitting smoking run, which is several years old now, I bought a 30ml bottle of high nicjuice. It may have been 16mg or there abouts.

YUCK city to me and on day two I bought a bottle of 12mg and that held me good for about a month at that level when I got more power and dropped to 6mg where I stayed for a year or so and been at 3mg for a couple years.

I'm a huge believer in lower nic and mo powa.

BTW that 30ml bottle was given to a friend when he quit and he also used it for a day and gave it back. It was then given to my son (I should point out it was a flavor to mimic a local Rez cig and was really close and we all used that flavor in 12mg for a long while) he then gave it to my daughter who gave it back to me and its still around somewhere halffull. Anything over 12 is harsh to most people. I don't think its even sold anymore locally..

I tend to chain vape all the time when I vape but I can go long periods without now to. I was a 2-4 pack a day smoker depending on if I was working indoors or out.

I could likely do zero nic at some points during the day honestly but the lower the nic the better the flavor and its so good I'd vape a gallon of some good juice. So nic acts as a set of brakes.

It is very easy to get nic sick at higher power though. Its putting the nic right where it needs to go. I'm hitting a system right now at 3mg that should be zero or 1.5 to be fully enjoyed but like I said, BRAKES!!!

vapdivrr

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 8, 2012
sarasota,fl
So ive been trying to quit smoking cigarettes, i bought a vape about 2 months ago. anyone else, when first quitting cigs and switching to vape notice they chain hit their vape with coffee in the morning?
I think most do, especially these days...most new vapors go with direct to lung subtank vaping with high clouds, high power and low nic. With this set up, chain vaping is much more common. Then there is mtl, lower power and much higher nic, these types vape alot less juice because of the higher nic, and chain vape alot less. So yes, very common and still alot safer the cigs

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

englishmick

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 25, 2014
Naptown, Indiana

Took me about 6 months to get down to a couple of cigs a day. Another month or two before I quit smoking completely. Some people take one vape and never smoke again. My grandson did that, he was your age.

However it goes for you there are going to be lots of folks with the same story. Good luck with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread