• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

New vaper

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xanth

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 24, 2008
Rot & Ruin
Advantage of carto tank is there won't be a burn taste to it, but get those pre-punch one for beginners. Hmm, come to think of it, kind of hard to find carto in this region.

Carto tanks are for the lazy. I change my carto about once a week, smoktech dual coils can last that long. Fantastic for a long day out.

Otherwise, rebuildables all the way. Use the correct wicks and proper coiling, it'll be the best vape you ever have. Burnt taste usually comes from hot spots due to improper coiling.

Darkangel

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 2, 2013
Gotham City
Carto tanks are for the lazy. I change my carto about once a week, smoktech dual coils can last that long. Fantastic for a long day out.

Otherwise, rebuildables all the way. Use the correct wicks and proper coiling, it'll be the best vape you ever have. Burnt taste usually comes from hot spots due to improper coiling.

I tried carto, first tank ok subsequent when I refilled the carto keep flooding and drinking juices. Throw it aside, using only cobra, Aga t2 and outdoor using my vivi nova

wowoboi

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 6, 2012
GS
I've got a problem here with the protank 2, firstly I'm running the pt2 on the ctwist, getting it at 3.4 v on a 2.2ohm setting. Having a bit of burnt taste and little vapor production, tweak it to 3.7 and the burnt taste got significant. Changed a new coil and using the ego-k battery, and still having a similar problem with better vapor production. Any help is appreciated! :)

Xanth

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 24, 2008
Rot & Ruin
I wanted to get rba, but the job of collecting the Kandal and ssmesh making it to work seems like a hurdle to me, maybe because I'm looking at it from a view of a novice vaper still :/

SS mesh is definitely troublesome. Oxidizing them takes time

Get a RDA instead.

The way I do it, I built a micro coil about once every 1 - 2 weeks depending on the situation of the coil. This takes < 5 minutes once you're used to it. My first few tries was about 15mins.

I use cotton as my wick which I change once every 2 days. Best part about this is, you can just pull out your cotton wick and insert a new one without removing your coil. You can do it in seconds.

Darkangel

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 2, 2013
Gotham City

Get a RDA instead.

The way I do it, I built a micro coil about once every 1 - 2 weeks depending on the situation of the coil. This takes < 5 minutes once you're used to it. My first few tries was about 15mins.

I use cotton as my wick which I change once every 2 days. Best part about this is, you can just pull out your cotton wick and insert a new one without removing your coil. You can do it in seconds.

True, SS is troublesome but once you can familiar, it quite easy. I washed and coiled, refilled takes me 15mins.

dragonl

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 25, 2013
Dragon Lair

Get a RDA instead.

Haha, i was still wandering if anyone locally use cotton. I know for sure, it is much convenient as u can just change it each time u decide to change juice or it start to taste funny. Plus it doesn't disturb the coil as much, thus reducing the amount of time to do a recoil. U using sterile cotton?

Sent from my LG-E988 using Tapatalk

Xanth

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 24, 2008
Rot & Ruin
Haha, i was still wandering if anyone locally use cotton. I know for sure, it is much convenient as u can just change it each time u decide to change juice or it start to taste funny. Plus it doesn't disturb the coil as much, thus reducing the amount of time to do a recoil. U using sterile cotton?

Yup. Sterile cotton from Guardian.

Cotton provides a very clean flavor, 2nd only to ss mesh IMO.

The only downside to it is its fragility. It will get burnt if you fire it when it's dry, even for just a second.

But due to the ease of changing it, I always have a cotton ball with me in zip lock.

dragonl

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 25, 2013
Dragon Lair
Yup. Sterile cotton from Guardian.

Cotton provides a very clean flavor, 2nd only to ss mesh IMO.

The only downside to it is its fragility. It will get burnt if you fire it when it's dry, even for just a second.

But due to the ease of changing it, I always have a cotton ball with me in zip lock.

Ic, just wonder u ever consider a bottom feeder mod since u r using a dripper. Hmm, or u already own one?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread