• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

New vaper

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kryxwee

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 19, 2011
Eropagnis

Xanth

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 24, 2008
Rot & Ruin
Ic, just wonder u ever consider a bottom feeder mod since u r using a dripper. Hmm, or u already own one?

Sent from my LG-E988 using Tapatalk

Nope, I don't own any bottom feeders. At least not anymore. I've gone through numerous attys, many of which I either gave away or sold them. But I've been thinking about purchasing the Kayfun.

I'm too lazy as a vaper. Nothing is easier to build than a RDA.

I love the idea of stuffs like the Ody, Ithika, Kayfun, etc. But they have a gazillion parts and especially the GG ones which requires NR wires to build.

So, I may give the Kayfun a try, but I doubt I will use it regularly.

Darkangel

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 2, 2013
Gotham City
Hi ppl,

A nobbie question...Whats the different between a RBA & RDA? I only know P-Tank 2 is a clear atomiser. Any example like the model of the tank is a RDA or a RBA? Appreciate all your feedbacks. Am still new to vaping for only weeks. Cheers :)

RDA -> Rebuildable Dripping Atomizer (you directly drip e-liquid on the wick/coil, it only holds a few drops at a time, silica wick is mainly used on these) examples are Igo-l, phoenix, nimbus, v5 etc.

RBA -> Rebuildable Atomizer (these ones have a tank that holds e-liquid and are mainly used with vertical stainless steel mesh wick) examples are Cobra, did, ZAP, AGA-T, Ody, Ithaca, RSST, etc.

KunJus

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2012
The "FINE" place
Nope, I don't own any bottom feeders. At least not anymore. I've gone through numerous attys, many of which I either gave away or sold them. But I've been thinking about purchasing the Kayfun.

I'm too lazy as a vaper. Nothing is easier to build than a RDA.

I love the idea of stuffs like the Ody, Ithika, Kayfun, etc. But they have a gazillion parts and especially the GG ones which requires NR wires to build.

So, I may give the Kayfun a try, but I doubt I will use it regularly.

Actually you can rebuild a genesis tank with microcoil and cotton wicks. I did that to my aga-t2 and did clone. I get 1.2ohms and it performs much better than when i used ss mesh for a wick. Much easier to change the wick too and dry burn the coil.

I have a kayfun lite microcoiled at 1ohm sitting on a provari with cotton wick. It is one of the best device i used and i use it every day set at 3.3volts. Awesome vapor, throathit and flavor imo.

Xanth

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 24, 2008
Rot & Ruin
Actually you can rebuild a genesis tank with microcoil and cotton wicks. I did that to my aga-t2 and did clone. I get 1.2ohms and it performs much better than when i used ss mesh for a wick. Much easier to change the wick too and dry burn the coil.

I have a kayfun lite microcoiled at 1ohm sitting on a provari with cotton wick. It is one of the best device i used and i use it every day set at 3.3volts. Awesome vapor, throathit and flavor imo.

How's the absorbing rate with cotton on a genesis?

I didn't start using cotton until I started with RDAs. From what I read from other cotton users, it takes hours to really soak them up in clearos and genesis.

With RDAs, if it's going dry, I'll drip it, with the genesis, it'll be more troublesome.

I'm currently on Igo L on a GGTS with no kick. Vapes like a boss.

danny4x4

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 22, 2013
London
How's the absorbing rate with cotton on a genesis?

I didn't start using cotton until I started with RDAs. From what I read from other cotton users, it takes hours to really soak them up in clearos and genesis.

With RDAs, if it's going dry, I'll drip it, with the genesis, it'll be more troublesome.

I'm currently on Igo L on a GGTS with no kick. Vapes like a boss.

You just have to drip a couple of drops on the cotton to get it started and it wicks like a dream. No need to wait hours. First 3 vapes might be cottony.

On genesis, there's no need to extend the cotton all the way into the tank. I dont even let the cotton touch the liquid. Just tilt it upside down or 90 degrees for a second or two, then vape upright. Fresh juice on demand. Benefits of dripping without the hassle.

dragonl

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 25, 2013
Dragon Lair
You just have to drip a couple of drops on the cotton to get it started and it wicks like a dream. No need to wait hours. First 3 vapes might be cottony.

On genesis, there's no need to extend the cotton all the way into the tank. I dont even let the cotton touch the liquid. Just tilt it upside down or 90 degrees for a second or two, then vape upright. Fresh juice on demand. Benefits of dripping without the hassle.

Haha, u just answer the question. I guess most ppl are not very familiar with cotton in this part of the world. The genesis with cotton is simply brilliant. U have convert it into a hybrid dripper with a tank.

KunJus

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2012
The "FINE" place

It's kinda like the reo but instead of squonking, you just tilt it a little. I do get some dry hits sometimes if i am furiously chain vaping, but overall, it makes for a easier setup than using a ss mesh wick. No need to torch, just roll in a wick, tilt to get the juice primed and you're ready to have plumes of vapor.

Darkangel

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 2, 2013
Gotham City

How did you manage a cotton wick on agaT, do u have a pic to show how you wick it? Appreciate it!

Xanth

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 24, 2008
Rot & Ruin

I'll definitely give it a try soon! Thanks for the tip.

KunJus

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2012
The "FINE" place
How did you manage a cotton wick on agaT, do u have a pic to show how you wick it? Appreciate it!

Finally have time to take pictures and upload it lol.

IMAG0271.jpg
This is how i insert the cotton in. I used a small pointed tweezer to push the cotton in from the bottom of the coil into the juice hole if i am having problems inserting it from the top. Just a little patience and dexterity is enough as you don't actually need too much wick in the tank itself.

IMAG0272.jpg
I put in a little bit more cotton in between the coil and center post so it would hold more juice without drying out quickly.

IMAG0273.jpg
Test firing it.

I can say that is a way easier build than using SS mesh and the flavor comes instantly. It wicks almost instantly when i insert the cotton but i just drip a few more juice on it just to be sure and jumpstart the capillary action.

dragonl

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 25, 2013
Dragon Lair
Finally have time to take pictures and upload it lol.

View attachment 269377
This is how i insert the cotton in. I used a small pointed tweezer to push the cotton in from the bottom of the coil into the juice hole if i am having problems inserting it from the top. Just a little patience and dexterity is enough as you don't actually need too much wick in the tank itself.

View attachment 269379
I put in a little bit more cotton in between the coil and center post so it would hold more juice without drying out quickly.

View attachment 269381
Test firing it.

I can say that is a way easier build than using SS mesh and the flavor comes instantly. It wicks almost instantly when i insert the cotton but i just drip a few more juice on it just to be sure and jumpstart the capillary action.

U got it. Enjoy...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread