New - Varitube X - the Varitube V 2.0! Increased Amp limit - resistance check.

Status
Not open for further replies.

coffee snob

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 15, 2012
Shelbyville, Ky
OK guys I just started a 2nd ticket on this Vari Tube. Earlier in this thread you told someone it was a short, but you told me it was my Vivi Nova not properly aligned pushing the head down. I had trouble accepting that as I was reading it while puffing the nova on an ego battery and looking at my old Version 1 L-rider that ran it also with no trouble. Here is a copy paste of my ticket.....
Eric Cocanougher created this new ticket on ivape.net.
--
[#793] - 725 Black Chrome VariTube from order Returns and Replacements / Request a return authorization

OK guys I am not happy. I got the Vari tube back today and the same issue. You told me it was working. You failed to mention I can only screw in ANYTHING half way. It is not my Vivi Nova as my HH357 does the same thing. Ego batteries are not like this and neither is the version 1 Vari tube which leads me to believe this version is a piece of garbage. You also told me this was not a know issue and guess what? I see other reports of this on ECF. I want the money put back on my credit card and I will send this back. I in no way should be expected to spend almost $60 on this thing and have to screw in any atty or tank in so loosely it can rattle around and I sure should not have to keep a knife in my case to constantly keep pulling the floating head up. It's time for you to issue me a refund and we can part ways.

--
Click here to view this ticket

Last edited:

kno

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Oct 8, 2009
Myrtle Beach, SC, USA
This is NOT cool guys. What are you going to do to make this right?

I checked the ticket system on this, you were offered a refund for it with our apologies. I'm sorry you're having issues with your unit.

Ann_Marie said:
You shouldn't have sent him back a product that wasn't fixed properly.

According to the ticket system and customer service transcripts I've read, the unit was in working condition when sent back to him, the issue he's having is that the center pin is being pushed in by one of his atomizers, this appears to have happened again - it did not happen during our testing at the store, or with our atomizers, so when we sent it it worked fine. This is not an uncommon issue with e-cigarettes and different atomizer components.

coffee snob said:
This is NOT cool guys. What are you going to do to make this right?

Whatever we need to do, just as we always do. Unfortunately you aren't happy with the device, so we'll do what we can to resolve it.

On a more relevant note - please check the latest message that we posted to this forum - it clearly states I am in China and can not access this forum very easily to check it. It's my hope that if any of you have customer service issues you can use the "contact us" link on our site where there are real people there to help - as your message can sit on this forum for days to a week without response before I have a chance to get back and respond.

Scott Dernbach

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 4, 2012
Las Vegas, NV
Just so you all know, this is not an isolated issue....mine is doing the same thing, but since I am No longer covered by the return period so back to my old bolt... FYI, it is the positive connector isolator that is bad. Looks like the pin can move to any side and touch the ground (Sides). When looking at the unit, it looks like the connector center pin was just push fitted with almost a silicone type of insulator, and will wear out VERY quickly. Ordered 13 August 2012....received on Aug 17th....Useless as of October 7th.....wow, not even 2 months old and useless....Avoid this unit until they get a improved 510 connector installed!....$70.00 paper weight.

Since I am out of warranty, I did not bother opening a ticket (They only give 14 days for defects!).

BUT, I will shop with this site again, as they have great prices on products I use (eGo Sunfire clearomizers, adapters, etc!!!). I just will avoid any MODs for now.

Just my 2 cents

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread