New & want to learn to build

Status
Not open for further replies.

MelnZay2

Jun 7, 2019
Tennesse
Hi everyone! I'm new here And I've had a bit of trouble getting going on this thing! My older device wasn't allowing me to log in, so I got my newer one and ended up creating another account before I could read forum rules. I was kicked out for making 2 accts! Idiot!!! I didn't realize I was violating any rules bc I couldn't get to any rules. My device kept shutting me down. Anyway long story short... here I am and I need help learning about buipding coils, Resistances, ohms, what wire i need, battery safety on regulated & unregulated mods. I'm also very interested in squonking. I have a couple new ones on the way to me. Athena Squonk Mod by Geek Vape & Coilart Azeroth Squonk Mod. I found super deals on them so I went with it. I've been vaping since April 2016 and what little I know I've learnt on my own. I don't have anyone to teach me anything and I really really want to learn. Its a bit daunting right now bc there Is just so much to learn and I want to learn it all and it's overwhelming me bc I find these threads on forums about this and that and everyone advises differently. SO I'm like I dunno what to do!!! H-E-L-P-P-P MEEEE PLZZZ......I do really well with hands on explanations but I stuck at reading it and figuring it out esp when there's so much out there advising differently. Right now I was just trying to figure out batteries. So I was looking up the best battery for squonking. OMG!!! How many different batteries are there out there and how in this world do I know which ones are good and bad and authentic or not???!!! So you see my dilemma here!!! Buying wire for me at this point is confusing as ****!!! How in this world do I know what wire I'd prefer? I've got all the basic tools... Ohm reader, snips, ceramic tweezers, coil brush, ect. I've actually had those for some time now.. and cotton..geesh louise... what cotton do I choose? All I really know is I love flavor and clouds!!! The rest I could care less about, I just want to be safe is all!!! Where is comes From or who makes is irrelevant to me! Just so long add it gives me what I want & Is fairly priced! I like cheap but good quality like most ppl lol....

I'm open for any help I can get at this point bc now I'm freaking out!!! Which way is which? where do I go? How am I going to do this? Its like... ok Mel... your smart.. your trendy, you can and you will figure this out!!! With help.. of course ☠

charlie1465

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 30, 2014
Roquebrune sur Argens, Var, France
Welcome back to the friendly bunch :)

I agree that the best way to learn is through youtube videos. Check out battery mooch here to know what batteries to buy and trusted suppliers to buy from. Also watch Mooch's youtube channel as he will teach you about ohms law which is very important. Here is a list of battery tests to start you off but actually thinking about it it's probably best for you to familiarise yourself with ohms law before anything...

List of Battery Tests | E-Cigarette Forum

Good luck.

MacTechVpr

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 24, 2013
Hollywood (Beach), FL
Hi Melanie, and welcome. Before you drop enough wire to build the Brooklyn Bridge in your comp deck 200W beginner's kit consider this simple device…

Despite the glib shade on the straightforward and effective that's youtube, deep in the catacombs of ECF there exists a silent, hooded and robed subculture that actually knows how to make one of these. If you probe carefully in the right corners I'm sure you'll find a suitable spirit guide.

Good luck. :)

p.s. Not a bad start with your squonkers.

Last edited:
Reactions: Diver9543

MelnZay2

Jun 7, 2019
Tennesse
Good that you made it back. Why don't you start by reading the responses to your first thread? You've got 4 pages worth.
Here I am, teach me how to build please!

OMG!!! THANK YOU!!! THANK YOU!!! THANK YOU!!!

I've been trying to get to it and the message telling me to introduce myself kept coming up and when I'd click my lightning bolt the page would crash. So then I tried getting to it from my email and it'd tell me my page is shut down!!! So i finally gave up and figured I'd better say hello again if I ever wanted to learn anything. As you can totally tell, I'm so very new to this forum thing! I have no clue how to work any of it!!! LOL.. I swear I'm not blonde! As in STUPID! Not knocking anyone who is, I used to love being one myself ;)

TrollDragon

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 3, 2014
NS, Canada
Your original thread has been locked, so you won't be able to reply to anything in it.

Both of those squonkers you have inbound are mechanical mods. I'd highly recommend that you learn to build on a regulated mod first, regulated have protection and are a lot more forgiving in regard to the coil build you can put on it.

Mechanical mods are great but you should really have a solid understanding of coil building, battery limitations and ohms law before using one IMHO. Considering you have zero knowledge now about any of that and your enthusiasm is quite over the top, I'd seriously consider a regulated mod. Mechanicals are nothing to be taken lightly or with a carefree attitude, they have no protection and can be very dangerous and unforgiving in the wrong hands.

Do you not have a local vape shop that can assist or start you off on the right path?

MelnZay2

Jun 7, 2019
Tennesse
Welcome to the Forum Mel, good luck with the building:thumbs: you'll pick it up in no time!
I did my first build about a week ago, now I've just bought another RTA!
I've got the Itch:D

I think I really have an itch!!@ I've bought so much stuff I can't ever remember all of it right now. I've got my basic stuff. I really just need wire at this point but have no clue where to start. There are so many kinds and gauges. Its like wth am i to do? Which is what? It printed so much stuff offline ive filled a binder already! No joke! And I've bookmarked hundreds of links. Saved 100s of vids on YouTube. So yea I was at it now for a little over a week before I decided to join a forum and get this thing going for realz!!!

My stuff I ordered should be here tomorrow sometime!!! Yay!!! I already got my beautiful wotofo bravo rta. I opened it and fondled it ;) its pretty. I bought some prepaid coils until I actually learn but I've not used them yet. Scared! I don't want to blow myself up or anything crazy!!!

In truth I dunno what I need for what I like. I've always used sub ohm tanks with .5 or .25 coils. Believe it or not my most fav tank is the Crown II, NOTHING Gives me flavor like that tank!!! Coils fringing suck!! Never last more than a day or 2! But I always go back to it! I have Smok Baby beast, big baby beast, Prince, vaperesso nrg & cascade, aspire nautilus, and some other tank i can't think of right off, but i love my crown II. I have a crown 3 coming. I didn't buy it when it came out bc of how bad the coils are for the 2. Buy after review I'm hopeful. But my norm watts are anywhere from 60-110. I've never really went over that bc I didn't know if I could. Most coils aren't rated anywhere near what the mod can do.

But I have:
*Council of Vapor: Royal Hunter RDA, Royal Hunter X RDTA, Aris Pro RDA, Royal Hunter RST
*Sigelei Moonshot RTA
*Cloud Works RDA
* VPRS Snubnose RDA (cute)
*Smok Prince RDA rebuildable coil head for my prince tank
*****I got all those extremely cheap! like (.55c-$2.99 each)So I figured why not until I learn then I can put money into the good stuff when I know!

Then I got:
Doge v3 RDA
Vandy Vape Lit 24mm RDA
Nunchaku RDA
Coilart DPRO 133 kit
Aspire feedlink revvo kit
Vandy Vape Maze Sub Ohm BF RDA
Hades BF 24mm RDA
iJoy Combo SRDA

I currently have:
Smok Devilkin kit
Innokin Plex kit with plex tank & scion 2 tank
Vaperesso revenger x kit
Eleaf Pico dual mod
Smok tpriv kit ( which I dropped once! EVER! & IT Snapped the whole top off of it!!@) it still vapes so long as I rubber band it together) talk about pee'd off!!@ had it a year and dropped it off a Wal-Mart cart when they was doing there STUPID self checkout scanner business, my dumb *** put the thing on the part where u put the scanner and my x yelled for me to come look at something and of course I was in full stride headed where i was going, I pull up short very quick like and swoosh it went flying! Didn't even put the faintest scratch on my crown 2 tank though!!! Lol lol lol yes that cheap 10 $$ tank outlived my $110 $$ mod!!! I haven't been able to bring myself to throw it out. It was technically my very 1st full size mod. I'd love to fix it, if only I knew how.

If I got anything not good or absolutely horrible, say so! I'll send it back asap! No need to be keeping useless stuff just bc its cheap! I knew going into that if is cheap there's likely a reason. I looked up reviews on all of it. Nothin3h to bad that I came across. Mostly came down to user preferences. ???

Dudeman

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 28, 2009
New Bedford, MA
Coil wrapping | Steam Engine | free vaping calculators will be of a lot of help. You put in the wire gauge, what kind of coil you want, how many ohms you want and the diameter of the coil and it will tell you how many wraps it needs to be.

As others have suggested, check out some youtube vids of the atty you have.

AND be careful with your unregulated mods.

Daniel Forsyth

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
  • Mar 26, 2019
    Victoria, Australia
    I think I really have an itch!!@ I've bought so much stuff I can't ever remember all of it right now. I've got my basic stuff. I really just need wire at this point but have no clue where to start. There are so many kinds and gauges. Its like wth am i to do? Which is what? It printed so much stuff offline ive filled a binder already! No joke! And I've bookmarked hundreds of links. Saved 100s of vids on YouTube. So yea I was at it now for a little over a week before I decided to join a forum and get this thing going for realz!!!

My stuff I ordered should be here tomorrow sometime!!! Yay!!! I already got my beautiful wotofo bravo rta. I opened it and fondled it ;) its pretty. I bought some prepaid coils until I actually learn but I've not used them yet. Scared! I don't want to blow myself up or anything crazy!!!

In truth I dunno what I need for what I like. I've always used sub ohm tanks with .5 or .25 coils. Believe it or not my most fav tank is the Crown II, NOTHING Gives me flavor like that tank!!! Coils fringing suck!! Never last more than a day or 2! But I always go back to it! I have Smok Baby beast, big baby beast, Prince, vaperesso nrg & cascade, aspire nautilus, and some other tank i can't think of right off, but i love my crown II. I have a crown 3 coming. I didn't buy it when it came out bc of how bad the coils are for the 2. Buy after review I'm hopeful. But my norm watts are anywhere from 60-110. I've never really went over that bc I didn't know if I could. Most coils aren't rated anywhere near what the mod can do.

But I have:
    *Council of Vapor: Royal Hunter RDA, Royal Hunter X RDTA, Aris Pro RDA, Royal Hunter RST
    *Sigelei Moonshot RTA
    *Cloud Works RDA
    * VPRS Snubnose RDA (cute)
    *Smok Prince RDA rebuildable coil head for my prince tank
    *****I got all those extremely cheap! like (.55c-$2.99 each)So I figured why not until I learn then I can put money into the good stuff when I know!

Then I got:
    Doge v3 RDA
    Vandy Vape Lit 24mm RDA
    Nunchaku RDA
    Coilart DPRO 133 kit
    Aspire feedlink revvo kit
    Vandy Vape Maze Sub Ohm BF RDA
    Hades BF 24mm RDA
    iJoy Combo SRDA

I currently have:
    Smok Devilkin kit
    Innokin Plex kit with plex tank & scion 2 tank
    Vaperesso revenger x kit
    Eleaf Pico dual mod
    Smok tpriv kit ( which I dropped once! EVER! & IT Snapped the whole top off of it!!@) it still vapes so long as I rubber band it together) talk about pee'd off!!@ had it a year and dropped it off a Wal-Mart cart when they was doing there STUPID self checkout scanner business, my dumb *** put the thing on the part where u put the scanner and my x yelled for me to come look at something and of course I was in full stride headed where i was going, I pull up short very quick like and swoosh it went flying! Didn't even put the faintest scratch on my crown 2 tank though!!! Lol lol lol yes that cheap 10 $$ tank outlived my $110 $$ mod!!! I haven't been able to bring myself to throw it out. It was technically my very 1st full size mod. I'd love to fix it, if only I knew how.

If I got anything not good or absolutely horrible, say so! I'll send it back asap! No need to be keeping useless stuff just bc its cheap! I knew going into that if is cheap there's likely a reason. I looked up reviews on all of it. Nothin3h to bad that I came across. Mostly came down to user preferences. ???

For a new builder you have a pretty BIG collection of tanks ready to go!!
    Grab One tank that you want to start with, the easier of the lot of course and put the others away. Just concentrate on the One tank and YouTube the :censored: out of it and ask questions here about what setup you're working with. Otherwise you'll get Really confused :lol::lol:

MelnZay2

Jun 7, 2019
    Tennesse

MelnZay2

Jun 7, 2019
    Tennesse
    For a new builder you have a pretty BIG collection of tanks ready to go!!
    Grab One tank that you want to start with, the easier of the lot of course and put the others away. Just concentrate on the One tank and YouTube the :censored: out of it and ask questions here about what setup you're working with. Otherwise you'll get Really confused :lol::lol:

Yea I went a little crazy lol lol lol

I dunno which one to start with..i think all I like right now is wire.. I'm not sure what to use so I haven't ordered that yet. Any advice?

MelnZay2

Jun 7, 2019
    Tennesse
    Coil wrapping | Steam Engine | free vaping calculators will be of a lot of help. You put in the wire gauge, what kind of coil you want, how many ohms you want and the diameter of the coil and it will tell you how many wraps it needs to be.

As others have suggested, check out some youtube vids of the atty you have.

AND be careful with your unregulated mods.

I downloaded steam engine app, bookmarked it and created a shortcut to it lol

I don't really knew what I'd prefer starting at. Om.my sub ohm tanks I vape anywhere from 60w-110w I've never been Any higher. Most coils want go as high as the mod anyway. That's where i get confused. Like i said before i have no one to learn from, no one's taught me anything. I've figured everything I know So far own my own. I feel like I should know more, I've been vaping over 3 years now! But I've stayed where I was comfortable and basically just let it be.. well I'm tired of just being...i want to learn, experience my vape to the fullest, have knowledge that can help others like me. Where i live yuh can't walk in a vape shop and get help, it's not allowed, which blows!

MelnZay2

Jun 7, 2019
    Tennesse
    Your original thread has been locked, so you won't be able to reply to anything in it.

Both of those squonkers you have inbound are mechanical mods. I'd highly recommend that you learn to build on a regulated mod first, regulated have protection and are a lot more forgiving in regard to the coil build you can put on it.

Mechanical mods are great but you should really have a solid understanding of coil building, battery limitations and ohms law before using one IMHO. Considering you have zero knowledge now about any of that and your enthusiasm is quite over the top, I'd seriously consider a regulated mod. Mechanicals are nothing to be taken lightly or with a carefree attitude, they have no protection and can be very dangerous and unforgiving in the wrong hands.

Do you not have a local vape shop that can assist or start you off on the right path?

I have no intentions of slapping it tighter abd during away! Promise you that! That's why I'm here. To learn the right way long before touching any mechanical mods.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread