Newb, better late than never..

Status
Not open for further replies.

getalab

Aug 19, 2019
Batesville Ms
CD8C31A9-EFC3-4971-91DE-4DB5D8957838-1060927.jpg
Howdy, have been catching up in here, and wanted to say thx for all the great info. I live in the boonies, and the two closest “vape” shops know less than I do. Most of my initial info was from YouTube, and I’ve assembled a few setups that work for me, and gone thru a few juices before finding one that worked.
I smoked menthol cigs for 30 years, and havnt had one since putting Black Note Solo in the tank a month ago.
It worked so well to quit, was surprised the gov wasn’t pushing it for smokers to try it.
And it seems they’re going to now ban it somehow? Could I get some Cliff notes?
And how how long would a NET 50/50 blend last in the freezer?
L to R
Airis Tick, Geekvape Frenzy, smok v8, and Aegis Mini/Zlide

GOMuniEsq

Self-Proclaimed Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 25, 2012
Alberta, Canada
In the states, the Anti-Nicotine-Tobacco Zealots (ANTZ), who worked so long to denormalize smoking, were corrupted by the tobacco industry. Both groups have plenty of experience swaying public opinion via the media, and both view vaping as an existential threat, so they've teamed up to fight it. And governments which have grown dependent on the revenue from sky-high tobacco taxes are reluctant support it, because it's unlikely they could ever see similar revenues from liquid nicotine. They all had a good thing going, and then vaping came along and rocked their boat. The official rationales, of course, are "insufficient testing" and "for the good of the children".
There's an amusing article about it that reads like a satire but may be truer than it seems: The Rest of the Story: Tobacco and Alcohol News Analysis and Commentary: Based Solely on Quotes from Anti-Tobacco Groups, Big Tobacco Tells America's 3 Million Nonsmoking Vapers They Would Be Healthier Going Back to Smoking

Canada has a rosier outlook (at least in my opinion). The entire country recently legalized pot and the government is on record as saying that it recommends alternative forms of consumption over smoking. It would be unjust and impractical for them to specifically discriminate against nicotine vaping when they are OK with other thing. They do, however, lump vaping and smoking together and require both to be done outdoors in designated areas. We are influenced more by the UK than the US.

The UK government is one of the friendliest governments in the world to vaping, which they accurately portray as a much safer alternative to smoking. Although they have inherited some bizarre EU laws which restrict maximum strength of nicotine liquid, and device capacity, they are not hostile. They are also seriously considering leaving the EU entirely.

A few countries, such as Singapore and Turkmenistan, have outlawed vaping entirely, while many others restrict the sale and import.

tl;dr Generally the motivation behind anti-vaping legislation seems to be corruption and a desire to protect national tobacco tax revenues at the expense of neglecting the public good.

getalab

Aug 19, 2019
Batesville Ms
In the states, the Anti-Nicotine-Tobacco Zealots (ANTZ), who worked so long to denormalize smoking, were corrupted by the tobacco industry. Both groups have plenty of experience swaying public opinion via the media, and both view vaping as an existential threat, so they've teamed up to fight it. And governments which have grown dependent on the revenue from sky-high tobacco taxes are reluctant support it, because it's unlikely they could ever see similar revenues from liquid nicotine. They all had a good thing going, and then vaping came along and rocked their boat. The official rationales, of course, are "insufficient testing" and "for the good of the children".
There's an amusing article about it that reads like a satire but may be truer than it seems: The Rest of the Story: Tobacco and Alcohol News Analysis and Commentary: Based Solely on Quotes from Anti-Tobacco Groups, Big Tobacco Tells America's 3 Million Nonsmoking Vapers They Would Be Healthier Going Back to Smoking

Canada has a rosier outlook (at least in my opinion). The entire country recently legalized pot and the government is on record as saying that it recommends alternative forms of consumption over smoking. It would be unjust and impractical for them to specifically discriminate against nicotine vaping when they are OK with other thing. They do, however, lump vaping and smoking together and require both to be done outdoors in designated areas. We are influenced more by the UK than the US.

The UK government is one of the friendliest governments in the world to vaping, which they accurately portray as a much safer alternative to smoking. Although they have inherited some bizarre EU laws which restrict maximum strength of nicotine liquid, and device capacity, they are not hostile. They are also seriously considering leaving the EU entirely.

A few countries, such as Singapore and Turkmenistan, have outlawed vaping entirely, while many others restrict the sale and import.

tl;dr Generally the motivation behind anti-vaping legislation seems to be corruption and a desire to protect national tobacco tax revenues at the expense of neglecting the public good.
Thanks for that...figured it was like the CBD industry. The gov hasn’t figured out how to control and tax it yet, so it must be bad for us. Id assume hardware could still be available under some loophole, but NIC will come under their rule.
Stockpiling vape..
Who da thunk :cry:
Thx for the welcome:thumbs:

Reactions: GOMuniEsq

GOMuniEsq

Self-Proclaimed Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 25, 2012
Alberta, Canada
Thanks for that...figured it was like the ... industry. The gov hasn’t figured out how to control and tax it yet, so it must be bad for us. Id assume hardware could still be available under some loophole, but NIC will come under their rule.
Stockpiling vape..
Yes, it's rather disillusioning, isn't it. A decade ago we imagined anti-smokers, public health advocates and governments would embrace vaping as the miracle cure. But with any popular prohibition comes a thriving black market, and an eventual overturn.

Last edited:

BrotherBob

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 24, 2014
Sunnyvale,CA,USA
I live in the boonies, and the two closest “vape” shops know less than I do.
Welcome and glad you joined.
Might wish to fill in your location, it may help you in obtaining location specific information to your question(s).
On the top right hand corner of this post you will find --"your name" next to "Inbox and Alerts"
Place the mouse pointer on your name. You will get a drop down and on the left hand side of this drop down you will find "Personal Details". Click Personal Details.
In Personal Details, in middle of screen in gray, you will find "Location" Could fill that box line in.
re: New users - Put your location in your Profile...
as surprised the gov wasn’t pushing it for smokers to try it.
Me too, but then again our politicians are quick to condemn alternatives their not comfortable with or require a little effort to obtain the other half of the argument.
And it seems they’re going to now ban it somehow? Could I get some Cliff notes?
You have to watch the state your in primarily. Could check:
Vaping Militia
American Cancer Society Position Statement on Electronic Cigarettes
https://vaping.com/blog/news/uk-gov...ail&utm_term=0_22416810d6-87dc25944d-51579793
Vaping: Let's Get This Out Of The Way · Vaping Links And More
And how how long would a NET 50/50 blend last in the freezer?
Might want to try the ECF search function in upper right hand corner of this post. Could type in " nic storage ".
Search Results for Query: nic storage | E-Cigarette Forum
Airis Tick, Geekvape Frenzy, Smok V8, and Aegis Mini/Zlide
Might want to post in:
Picture of Your Setup Part 3!
You have posted in the new members forum, you are limited to the number of post in this forum.
re: New Members - "How many posts do I need to..."
In the future, you might want to post in the ECF forum most closely representing your subject/question.

Reactions: getalab

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA
Thanks for that...figured it was like the ... industry. The gov hasn’t figured out how to control and tax it yet, so it must be bad for us. Id assume hardware could still be available under some loophole, but NIC will come under their rule.
Stockpiling vape..
The groups @GOMuniEsq is talking about aren’t government. They’re non-profits mostly. The problem is non profits need donations and while they won’t take them directly from Phillip Morris or other BT companies they will take them from companies like Johnson and Johnson and Galaxo-Smith-Kline which are medical companies. The problem is the produce patches and are just as competitive with e-cigarettes as cigarettes are. The patch companies are also really ...... because one of the thing e-cigarettes did was show that all their “special micropore technology” was complete crap. You can put unprotonated nic on a bandaid and make a patch just as effective as theirs for a nickel instead of a buck and a half. Worse you can vary the dose more accurately so you can wind up actually quitting instead of being addicted to the patch instead of cigarettes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread