Newb Intro and question

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shad034

Mar 11, 2011
Las Vegas
Hello all! Just wanted to throw a post out there to start the ball rolling towards five, introduce myself and also see if I can "tap the hive" to find a flavor I want.

So first things first, I'm currently a V2 customer and bought one of their ultimate starter kits recently to move into vaping. Long story short, it got delivered (after the usual V2 delays...) and I've not been back to analogs for 3 weeks now. I am loving this KR808 vape. Most specifically I am loving the V2 Cowboy flavor, which I would guess is supposed to be a Marlboro clone, but is in fact quite better if you ask me.

Now to the part where I need the help. Since I loved the Cowboy flavor from V2 so much, I figured that a WowBoy juice at Vapor4Life would be about the same. I figured that most makers would make "marlboro" taste all the same. Unfortunately not. I got the WowBoy in (as well as some of the WOW Kamel) and I dislike both of them. They aren't sweet and light like the V2 Cowboy I was hoping for and they taste somewhat nutty or bitter...

Anyways, like the sticky thread said, I THOUGHT I wanted a analog tobacco taste, but I was wrong. :p. What I do want though is that V2 cowboy flavor.

Anyone know of a suitable substituition in E-juice for the V2 flavor??

JoeD4

ECF Veteran
Feb 18, 2010
Pennsylvania, USA
As far as tobacco flavors go, i have enjoyed the following:

Halocigs.com: Freedom, Torque

Kingpincigs.com: KP Tobacco, KP French Pipe

One thing I discovered is that, since there is nothing burning and hence no ash particles in our vape, there is no way to 100% reproduce the taste of a "real" cigarette. Just my $.02. Hope it helps! Welcome to the ECF!

WomanOfHeart

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Sep 19, 2010
Colorado
I think you'll find that most juice vendors will use their own recipes when creating juice. V2 Cowboy probably isn't going to taste the same as WowBoy, and neither one is probably going to taste like another vendors "Marlboro" flavor. You'll just have to experiment with different juices and different flavors to find out which you like the best. That's part of the fun of vaping and juice probably won't be the only experimentation that you do. There are all sorts of different hardware to try out and different ways to configure them.

Welcome to ECF and congrats on making the switch!

unsure

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 6, 2010
Silicon Valley, California

dormouse

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 31, 2010
Pennsylvania
No -

WOWBoy is dark chocolate tobacco w/ a bit of mint

WOWBacco is dark chocolate tobacco without the mint (I love love love this and vape it all day in my 510 carto - to me it is mostly dark chocolate)

Cowboy and WOW Cowboy are their Marlboro-alikes - read the reviews on those

This is the description of WOWBoy. They somehow lost the descriptions on their other cartos (I just submitted a ticket about that - hopefully they can fix it)
Vapor4Life presents what we believe is the end of your journey
for the ULTIMATE Cartomizer. These have WOW Vapor, and WOW
Flavor. Wowboy is a tobacco blend, with a soft chocolate flavor,
combined with just a hint, of mint. It is our new favorite, at V4L.

As for analog-alikes, you could try FreedomSmokeUSA Desert Ship - it's a a Turkish blend so it's strong nutty and somewhat pungent and it reminds me of the smell of a freshly opened pack of cigarettes.

Last edited:

Soonerfan

ECF Veteran
Jan 3, 2011
Oklahoma City, OK
I will second the Boba's Bounty for a tobacco juice though I don't think it is anything like a Marlboro. That is the only juice I buy now that I am making my own. However, taste is so individual that you may hate BB so I would only order small sizes of any juice until I find my favs. You won't waste so much money that way.

Shad034

Mar 11, 2011
Las Vegas
I'm not sure I was clear. What I want is something that tastes like the V2 Cowboy flavor. V2 thinks its a marlboro clone, I dont really care what it is, I like it and I want a juice that tastes like that. The V4L ones that I got (WOWBoy) didnt taste as I expected, so before I go buying another round of something else, I figured I would see what other opinions were.

Based on reading that sticky about newbs and tobacco flavor, I'm pretty sure I dont want a analog/marlboro tasting one, what I want is whatever V2 called their Cowboy. Its light, somewhat sweet, decent throat hit and decent vapor. The V4L Wowboy was harsher, and probably was a good imitation of an analog but now that I have taste buds, it tastes bad.

I was hoping that maybe there were others out there that had found something akin to that V2 Cowboy flavor.:)

Shad034

Mar 11, 2011
Las Vegas
Ordered a sampler pack from Halocigs.com and have tried the Freedom flavor. WOW, I LOVE that stuff. Almost a chocolate taste, still tastes like tobacco smells, maybe a hint of cherry in the background. Very Very good reccomendation there.

Thanks to everyone who gave me some thoughts here. I'm going to probably be ordering samplers from the various suggested places.

As far as tobacco flavors go, i have enjoyed the following:

Halocigs.com: Freedom, Torque

Kingpincigs.com: KP Tobacco, KP French Pipe

One thing I discovered is that, since there is nothing burning and hence no ash particles in our vape, there is no way to 100% reproduce the taste of a "real" cigarette. Just my $.02. Hope it helps! Welcome to the ECF!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread