Newbie ? about the forum

Status
Not open for further replies.

mzlynnem

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 5, 2014
Waynesville, OH, USA
I have searched for so long for an answer to this question, and I'm embarrassed to ask because it'll probably be something obvious I overlooked, but...

When another member quotes you in a thread, is there an option that allows you to be notified of that? I have come across two times where I've been quoted and responded to, but only by luck. Help? Thanks!!! :blush:

Glenn_K

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 29, 2013
Toronto
Now you've been quoted three times ;)

Welcome to the forum.

-- Glenn

I have searched for so long for an answer to this question, and I'm embarrassed to ask because it'll probably be something obvious I overlooked, but...

When another member quotes you in a thread, is there an option that allows you to be notified of that? I have come across two times where I've been quoted and responded to, but only by luck. Help? Thanks!!! :blush:

KODIAK (TM)

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 31, 2014
Dead Moose, AK
You can click the thread tools and subscribe to a thread and there is an option to get emailed instantly.
Well, I'm lost as well. I've belonged to various forums over the years and most all have a little doo-hickey thing up top that says somebody quoted me.

So one has to actually subscribe to the thread here before getting that notification? If not please walk me through it. Keep in mind I have 2 college degrees but can't start Mrs. Kodiak's dishwasher or change TV channels without the remote.

Katya

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
SoCal

No. I navigate the forum by clicking on "What's New" (upper left corner on the dark blue toolbar) and then "My Posts," which displays all the threads (not posts:facepalm:) I have posted on. If the thread title is in bold, it means that someone has responded on it--but not necessarily to you. Just go to your last post on the thread and quickly scroll through new responses to see if you have been quoted or if someone responded to your post without quoting you. Use the dark triangle following the title to go to your last post in the thread.

You can also click on your user name (above your avatar) and choose View Forum Posts from there.

Legolas

ECF Veteran
Jan 7, 2014
In the slower lower ... Delaware
No. I navigate the forum by clicking on "What's New" (upper left corner on the dark blue toolbar) and then "My Posts," which displays all the threads (not posts:facepalm:) I have posted on. If the thread title is in bold, it means that someone has responded on it--but not necessarily to you. Just go to your last post on the thread and quickly scroll through new responses to see if you have been quoted or if someone responded to your post without quoting you. Use the dark triangle following the title to go to your last post in the thread.

You can also click on your user name (above your avatar) and choose View Forum Posts from there.

Better put thx katya

mzlynnem

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 5, 2014
Waynesville, OH, USA
Excellent response, but horrible answer :( I'm so bad at forums- I get SO easily distracted. So, I just went to settings and checked to automatically subscribe to every thread I post in. Hopefully, this will help. A little.

Katya

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
SoCal
Excellent response, but horrible answer :( I'm so bad at forums- I get SO easily distracted. So, I just went to settings and checked to automatically subscribe to every thread I post in. Hopefully, this will help. A little.

Whatever works. :)

There are many ways to navigate this forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread