Newbie already notice difference

Status
Not open for further replies.

bakersuds

ECF Veteran
Feb 18, 2011
Florida
First time posting so bear with me. After smoking for over 40 yrs, 1 1/2 packs a day I ordered a Magma deluxe kit and have not had a anlog since. It has been only 8 days and already I am not coughing all nite. I am getting a better nights sleep not snoring as much or loud. Just feel a lot better and don't ever want to go back to tobacco. Now to get my husband on the bandwagon. Hope to try different juices but have to be frugal as money is tight can only order what I need to keep vapeing. Any suggestions?

Sassyonemeis

ECF Veteran
Jan 15, 2011
Albany NY
Hi and welcome! Congrats to you for making the switch :) it's amazing isnt it, how fast your health turns around for the better as soon as you quit smoking cigarettes! I am fairly new, about 1.5 months now, and I can agree that the health benefits were fast and surprising. I had no problem transitioning to vaping, actually after I started vaping, cigarettes starting tasting really gross immediately. I thought this was good at the time, now I know it's wonderful! I have NO DESIRE for a cigarette and I will never be sucked back in by big tobacco and those cancer sticks, and that alone makes me and my kids sleep better at night :)

oldfatguy

ECF Veteran
Feb 7, 2011
Texas
First time posting so bear with me. After smoking for over 40 yrs, 1 1/2 packs a day I ordered a Magma deluxe kit and have not had a anlog since. It has been only 8 days and already I am not coughing all nite. I am getting a better nights sleep not snoring as much or loud. Just feel a lot better and don't ever want to go back to tobacco. Now to get my husband on the bandwagon. Hope to try different juices but have to be frugal as money is tight can only order what I need to keep vapeing. Any suggestions?

Welcome to the new world., I am just a week or so in and love it. I wish I had an answer for you re juice. The cost is one of my biggest concerns. I guess partly now because I still waste a lot trying to fill my cartomizers. ha. I am going to look into some of the advanced posts after I get in the swing of things because there is info there about making your own juice. That could really save some money.

nerak

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 12, 2011
Fairfield Township, OH, USA
www.facebook.com

bakersuds

ECF Veteran
Feb 18, 2011
Florida
Welcome to the new world., I am just a week or so in and love it. I wish I had an answer for you re juice. The cost is one of my biggest concerns. I guess partly now because I still waste a lot trying to fill my cartomizers. ha. I am going to look into some of the advanced posts after I get in the swing of things because there is info there about making your own juice. That could really save some money.

That is what I am gearing to, making my own juice. I have been reading this site for over 2 weeks now and I think just getting to know the deals and the tried and true methods is what is interesting to me. Right now I have to figure out what my likes and dislikes are before experimenting on my own. And also want to wait for my taste buds to catch on.

Sassyonemeis

ECF Veteran
Jan 15, 2011
Albany NY
Even if you buy premixed juice, it is still considerably cheaper than buying cigarettes! Yes, DIY will be even cheaper assuming you can vape everything you mix LOL that also is a trial and error thing that may result in juices that are just gross and unvapeable, but so is buying juice that you think you'll like only to find that you dont like them. Regardless, it's still cheaper than smoking.. and aside from cost, it's really about NOT SMOKING and your improved health :)

bakersuds

ECF Veteran
Feb 18, 2011
Florida
If you're looking for some good prices on juice Madvapes has some pretty good deals. If you're looking to get into DIY Box Elder is having a pretty good sale on their nic juice.

I ordered from Madvapes and that is what I'am vapeing now. I also have an order from BWB that I'am waiting for. I just have to find out the formulation I like (PG-VG ratio) ,flavor and nic level without to many cost causing errors.

Rosa

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 18, 2010
Beaverton, Oregon!
Here's what I do and it works for me but may not work for everyone:

I order sample sizes or small sizes when they are on sale - lot's of varieties. Then, when I find a few that I really like I'll order them in the absolute highest MG nicotine possible and ask the vendor to double the flavoring. That way I can dilute it with either PG or VG (though I always use PG) as much as doubling the total volume.

Also, Tasty vapor sells a "doubler" just for this purpose. So if you order from them you can just order the highest mg nicotine possible and some doubler and use the doubler (which is just 0mg e-liquid that's flavored to match the juice you ordered) to dilute your juice down and thereby double it.

I figured out that my e-liquid is currently costing me about $5 a week (and I use 3ml per day) now that I've found a few flavors that I like.

DIY is very easy to do too, but I usually reserve that for the very, very easy flavors because I can't afford to experiment. So I do straight fruit flavors, menthols, chocolate.. and if I have a flavor that I don't like as it is I will mix it with something that I think will help or else drown out the flavor with some strong menthol flavoring.

Here's a good e-juice recipe calculator:
eJuice Recipe Calculator

bakersuds

ECF Veteran
Feb 18, 2011
Florida
Thanks, this is in line with what I would like to do. I have made my own soap for 14 yrs now and I still try to stick with simple fragrance mixes as I don't have the knack to blend my own that come out smelling nice. I imagine it would be the same with flavors and blending them. The calc. is great and the idea of doubles is something I will try with my next order of juice.

dormouse

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 31, 2010
Pennsylvania
Grats!! I also smoked 1.5 PAD and had the same experience. Not only did I stop coughing, my sinuses cleared up after being a mess for a decade. When you notice your sense of smell and taste have awoken, head to a good buffet - that is fun.

I like 70pg/30vg or around there. The nicotine that worked for me was around the same as a whole pack of the cigs I smoked or 18mg (I smoked lights). That was with vaping about as much as I smoked. Finding juices with aromas that relax you really helps. Remember to let your nose have some of the vapor because ecigs do not blow vapor all over you. Most of flavor is aroma. I found my sweet spot was Turkish blends w/ some cocoa, vanilla or caramel added to change up the flavor - I could make it more sweet, more dark.

I liked the mixer flavors so much I eventually ended up vaping mostly vanillas and heavily-cocoa flavors and some caramel like oRYental 4. I use FreedomSMokeUSA Cocoa to lower sweetness and add body and cocoa to tobaccos. FreedomsmokeUSA Vanilla Tahity or oRYental 4 (sweet light caramelly tobacco) to add sweetness to tobaccos.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread