Status
Not open for further replies.

Sugar_and_Spice

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2010
between here and there
I do have leftover bottles, but i havent figured out how to take off the cap, its pretty tight
It should be tight....you dont want the liquid to spill all over the mod when refilling. LOL
Can you see where the cap meets the top of the bottle? See if you can get a fingernail or a small screw driver to get it started to lift out. It will get easier and personally I would only use it for a few times and then I would get bottles that have a screw on cap.

You could go on amazon and look for boston round bottles 1 oz or 30mil(same thing). How do you fill your tank now? Just drip the juice in or do you use a syringe and needle or a dropper?

Reactions: Opinionated

CoughingBad

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 25, 2010
US
Attached

Attachments

• 6E82C347-43F0-4A20-80E8-670F276D30E3.jpeg
    6E82C347-43F0-4A20-80E8-670F276D30E3.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 14

Hawise

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 25, 2013
AB, Canada
Thank you @Hawise your post really helps. And thanks @Letitia for the video.

So do you do volume or weight? Not sure if this is what the guy says when he pushes the button on the scale but what is “tear off”. Why does he still need those tubes when he uses the scale. Again sorry if silly questions but this is all new.

like i said i really dont have space for a lot of supplies and equipment so looks like by weight is the way to go?

For what it's worth, I go by volume. There's no real better or worse, there's only what you prefer. Everyone swears that their method is easier. I think weight might have a small advantage if you're using a lot of flavours because there can be less washing up. On the other hand, if you're using a simple recipe and only need a few things, a graduated cylinder and a syringe or two can be less expensive than a quality scale.

I forgot to mention something about the scale on the list - pay attention to its weight limit because that'll be the maximum size of the batch you can mix. For example, some only go to 50 g, so you would only be able to mix a bit less than 50 ml of juice at a time.

Gotcha thank you, thats what i kinda assumed, but then why he still needs the tubes(not sure what to call them ) for some of the mixes towards the end?

Pipettes. I didn't think of them on my list. The flavouring bottles he's using there don't have drip tips and he's adding very small amounts, so he's using them like an eyedropper to add one drop at a time.

CoughingBad

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 25, 2010
US
I dont think i will go crazy with flavorings im lazy and will be happy with a simple good menthol. So i guess as suggested by volume will work fine for me.

But just out of curiosity, how much is a good scale that has that weight reset feature. And those pipettes, i take that you dont really need them?!

Reactions: Opinionated

Letitia

Citrus Junkie
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2017
West Frankfort, IL
I dont think i will go crazy with flavorings im lazy and will be happy with a simple good menthol. So i guess as suggested by volume will work fine for me.

But just out of curiosity, how much is a good scale that has that weight reset feature. And those pipettes, i take that you dont really need them?!
You don't need pipettes really. I just use mine to transfer concentrates from one bottle to another occasionally. Their cheap so it doesn't bother me to just toss them rather than washing. When ordering syringes do make sure the smaller 1ml and 3ml measure by 10ths.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread