newbie loving it and questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

chud

ECF Veteran
Oct 25, 2009
Hey all! I think I am on day 7 since I received a Joye 510 starters kit and I haven't had one cigarette since I charged it up. It's amazing to me that i don't even crave an analogue after 2 packs a day for 20 years! I can smell and taste food again, my sinuses and lungs are clear, and I have more energy than I've had in a while. This thing is a miracle!:D

Anyway, I ordered this stuff from AZ Smoke Free and their turnaround was great 2-3 days for the starters kit and I ordered a PCC a couple of days later. I ordered their 30ml 18mg tobacco flavor along with my order and I have a question about it, if anyone can help. I ordered some Red Bull and Grape in 24mg from e-cig express and I like their juice better. My problem with the 18mg from AZ Smoke Free is that it seems thick and it's harder to draw on than the 24mg from E-Cig Express (this company also delivered in 2-3 days). Do you think this is a function of the higher nic content in the 24mg or do you think different vendors have different viscosities of their liquids? I would like to order some 24mg from AZ Smoke Free but I'm not sure I want it if it gives the same experience as their 18mg (which isn't terrible, just not as good as the 24mg from E-Cig Express).

Thanks for any help and I look forward to getting to know everyone around here!:cool:

oldtechno

ECF Veteran
Sep 9, 2009
United States of America
Howdy Chud, I'm a newbie to.

Anyway, I've got some small experience here.

From what I've heard, some of the suppliers mix their own juice, the others don't. As far as the thickness goes--I've heard two different answers;

1. The flavoring they add might be thicker.
2. They might be adding VG mostly instead of PG. I've heard VG is thicker than PG and would therefore make up a lot of the volumn in your smoke juice.

Finally, (I'm not sure) BUT...I don't think nicotine thickens the mix or thins it.

P.S. I remember six weeks ago when I started giving up those cowboy killers...I chain vaped for two days and a night. Now, I don't see me going back--ever.

Kurt

Quantum Vapyre
ECF Veteran
Sep 16, 2009
Philadelphia
Howdy Chud, I'm a newbie to.

Anyway, I've got some small experience here.

From what I've heard, some of the suppliers mix their own juice, the others don't. As far as the thickness goes--I've heard two different answers;

1. The flavoring they add might be thicker.
2. They might be adding VG mostly instead of PG. I've heard VG is thicker than PG and would therefore make up a lot of the volumn in your smoke juice.

Finally, (I'm not sure) BUT...I don't think nicotine thickens the mix or thins it.

P.S. I remember six weeks ago when I started giving up those cowboy killers...I chain vaped for two days and a night. Now, I don't see me going back--ever.

Nic does not thicken. Nor do flavors in general. VG does thicken, or maybe they do not add a little ethanol to their juices. VG is thicker than PG. Ethanol added is thinner than water. You can tell it is present if you press the button and it feels like gas is expanding into your mouth without you actually drawing.

Also, it might be that your atty needs to be cleaned, and that the actual juices are not very different, you just tried a more recent one with a clogged atty. THere are procedures here for all kinds of ways to clean out a 510 atty, which WILL hhave to be done periodically...average about once every couple days. I have a jar of vodka around and toss in a clogged atty for 30 min or so, take it out, paper towel dry it mostly then let it sit out overnight. Good as new in the AM. Also blowing the atty out by mouth often works fine...be sure to hold a paper towel up to catch the crud!

Anyway, welcome aboard! And congrats on quitting analogs! Happy vaping!

Kurt

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread