Newbie need help

Status
Not open for further replies.

puffnbilly

Feb 7, 2010
Australia
Hi firstly i want to ask opinions of the inhaler from Nicorette?
sure it doesn't vapour, but it seems alot quicker simpler.. Ok secondly its a bit confusing this E-cig... atomizers this that...for newbies so for like say 3months what would i need ? perhaps someone can help me fill in a dummy order...... as i dont know how long atomizers last etc. :oops: I was browsing Heaven gifts.com and the Joye510 seems like a good purchase , and i like the USB passthrough. The Juices flavours i understand the nicotine is in that, i would go for the 24mg strengh, long as it taste like a ciggie i dont care lol.. Also are the juices tested from anyone i hear antifreeze is in some?, so is there any independant type of testing?..Could someone do me a dummy order say to last 3months, i was thinking like about 5 different juice things, but i cannot see any Atomizers for the Joye510...Thanks i think i asked what i need too sorry if it's long winded but trying grasp it all.....8-o

highping

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 29, 2009
Columbus, OH
Welcome to the forum puffnbilly!
I can't answer your first question about the inhaler, other than to say I doubt that it will fill the void of smoking anywhere near as well as e-cigs do.

To the rest of your questions. A 510 is great model to start with, and HeavenGifts has a great price on them. (although I think they are down for CNY for the next two weeks so you might have a little wait.)
As for "enough to last 3 months"... that's a tough call. Juice wise, most vape anywhere from 1-3 ml a day so 90-250 ml if you want to go three months. As for the hardware, if you get a passthrough that helps a lot. other than that I think if you get 4 batteries and about 4-5 atomizers, you should be good for 3 months.
Is there a particular reason you need a 3 month supply all at once? If you can, I would suggest that you get a simple 510 starter kit (2-batts, 2-attys, charger), a passthrough, and 4-5 10ml bottles of juice. That's gonna give you at least a month or so worth of stuff, (that may end up getting you 2-3 months.) and more importantly, it's gonna let you give vaping a try for not much money. If you find it's gonna work for you, then you can make another (bigger) purchase later.

Hope some of this info helps.

Last edited:

Diablo1399

ECF Veteran
Jan 21, 2010
Australia
Hi firstly i want to ask opinions of the inhaler from Nicorette?
sure it doesn't vapour, but it seems alot quicker simpler.. Ok secondly its a bit confusing this E-cig... atomizers this that...for newbies so for like say 3months what would i need ? perhaps someone can help me fill in a dummy order...... as i dont know how long atomizers last etc. :oops: I was browsing Heaven gifts.com and the Joye510 seems like a good purchase , and i like the USB passthrough. The Juices flavours i understand the nicotine is in that, i would go for the 24mg strengh, long as it taste like a ciggie i dont care lol.. Also are the juices tested from anyone i hear antifreeze is in some?, so is there any independant type of testing?..Could someone do me a dummy order say to last 3months, i was thinking like about 5 different juice things, but i cannot see any Atomizers for the Joye510...Thanks i think i asked what i need too sorry if it's long winded but trying grasp it all.....8-o

Welcome to the forum, mate!

I tried the Nicorette inhaler, and it doesn't give you the nicotine "hit" that you're probably used to. It helps with the withdrawal a little, but I wasn't able to quit using it. It's also a bit expensive.

The Joye 510 is a good purchase, and many people here will recommend one. I got mine last week, so I don't know how long the atomisers last. I tried cleaning one with rubbing alcohol, but it made my e-cig taste yucky all day.

No, there's no antifreeze in e-juice. We're not dodgy French winemakers!!

If you want a kit to last 3 months, I would recommend the 510 starter kit (435), a few exta atomisers ($7 each), a spare battery ($10 each), a PCC ($18) and a whole lotta juice.

Heaven Gifts seems to be open over Chinese New Year, so I would order from them. Let me know if you need any more help :)

5cardstud

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 1, 2010
Wash
When I started I got a 510 from cignot with a passthrough which is all I use at home but you can get a usb adapter for your car so you can use the passthrough in your car and get yourself a 30ml bottle of e-liquid. That will get you started and some time to figure out how much juice you'll go through. I have been goin al most a month and haven't burnt up any equipment at all.

puffnbilly

Feb 7, 2010
Australia
Wow thanks for the quick responses, ok i think i will go slow and order the starter Kit, can someone point me to the batterys and Anotimizers on Heaven.com. I must be blind or something, i chose the white model starter kit.... I guess i can always order more, perhaps 3months is a bit keen lol..And well might not take long from china anyhow thanks guys been very helpful cannot wait till i give up these damn ciggies. :shock::shock:

Remie

ECF Veteran
Dec 16, 2009
Florida
Hi puffinbilly! Welcome to the forums :)

Everyone has given you great suggestions as far as the 510. It's what I started with and it was a great choice for me. I just want to address one thing you mentioned in your original post...

There is no smoke-juice that is going to taste exactly like a cigarette. It just won't happen. That said - once you start vaping, I think you'll begin to appreciate how much more pleasurable and enjoyable it is over smoking!

There are so many different "flavors" and varieties of e-liquid to choose from, it may take some trial and error to find what you like the best. Buy a few "sample packs" or 3ml size bottles in flavors that appeal to you - and also try flavors that sound good, but you can't imagine "vaping". I think you'll be surprised!

Personally, I prefer menthol and primarily stick with one menthol that I really love and that really satisfies me. Occasionally for a change, I'll vape on flavors that before I got started, sounded absurd :)

Anyway - it seems like you are on the right path! It is definitely a painless way to quit smoking and not lose anything. If you're like the rest of us here, you'll gain a really fun new "hobby".

Good Luck! :)

Remie

puffnbilly

Feb 7, 2010
Australia
Thanks Remmie, i will i ordered 7 so far, Special thanks to HighPing for my frustration :confused::confused::confused: i finally got it ordered 106.00 I'm excited already! ...I meant with the juices how much Nicotine is in them etc..I ordered the 24MG ones lol..... Once i get it i guess i can ask then how many drops i put on it..etc..one step at a time right, next thing will be setting it up so lookout i will be asking again 8-o8-o8-o8-o thanks for all your help! I'ts amazing how vaping has helped so many , and those vile chemicals i the paper hope my lungs will appreicate the change...Whats 100 bucks huh? we spend more than that in smoking.

AlexTM

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 7, 2009
Cologne, Germany
www.dampfzeichen.de
No, there's no antifreeze in e-juice. We're not dodgy French winemakers!!

Actually, there is anti-freeze in most juices. Just as there is anti-freeze in your soup. :evil:

Well, PG can be used as an anti-freeze, and it is sold as one occasionally, instead of the infamous ethylene glycol. That is because it is non-toxic, as opposed to EG. Oh, and the anti-freeze in your soup is salt - because that is an anti-freeze, too. Tell that to those people who think they can smart-... you with "Oh you are smoking anti-freeze!"

And it was Austrian and German winemakers who had the glorious idea of using EG in wine, not French ones, AFAIK. I still remember that scandal. One thing the French are - for a change - not guilty off. Still no excuse for their existance, though :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread