Newbie needing help

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ive been smoking for over 40 yrs & found an ecig web site by chance & thought I would give it a try, I bought the elusion 1123 & 16mg cartridges which I have been using since monday, It seems to me very inconsistant, sometimes the draw seems good with lots of vapour other times the draw is very week & very little vapour, im not too sure how long each cartridge is good for & it might seem a silly question but how do you know when the cartridge is empty? Its early days I know & im still smoking but If I could get more consistant results I think I could realy take to the ecig,can anyone tell me what Im doing wrong??

WomanOfHeart

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Sep 19, 2010
Colorado
Most e-cigs like that are going to be inconsistent, unfortunately. It's not that you're doing anything wrong. I would suggest that you check out the KR808D-1 starter kits. They're much cheaper and way more consistent.

You know when a cartridge (cart) or a cartomizer (carto) is getting empty because vapor production will start dropping off and the flavor will either change or get a slightly burnt taste to it. How long they will last is going to depend on you and how you vape. Everyone is different, so no one can really put a time on it or say how many cigarettes it will equal.

Visinedrops

Nov 14, 2010
Wenatchee, WA
I use a KR808D-1 and cartomizers. Previously, I was a PaD smoker (on day 3 of exclusive vaping), my cartomizers will last a little over a day, but I've also reduced the amount I'm vaping as well. I would suggest getting a 24mg flavor of your choice, because higher dosage at first will help.

Battery wise, I carry 2 batteries with cartos on them and switch between them throughout the day. Both of them will last me at least all day. When I get home, I put one on the charger and use the other one until bedtime, then before bed, I put the other one on the charger and get the first one ready for the morning.

For knowing when the cart is empty...either it won't produce any vapor, or it will taste really bad. You'll know...trust me.

I'm still learning, but experimenting is also something necessary. You didn't automatically know what flavor of cigarette you were going to stick with for the last however long when you started...same with e-cigs.

Icoth

ECF Veteran
Jun 8, 2010
CA

epiphany

Jan 7, 2011
Chattanooga,TN
From one newbie to another, get the Riva from Liberty Flights and make sure they are manually activated. I too had difficulty getting consistency with the auto cigs. The manuals are way more consistent. It is not as big of a deal as you might think to press a button before each draw. IF you order from Liberty be sure to click the 20% discount in the upper left hand corner of the home page.

lapsus_linguae

Nov 16, 2010
Australia
Hi Nightryder, welcome to ECF :)

I started with an elusion, so I might add my 2c worth. I have the larger 1023, so I can't vouch for the performance or battery life of the new 1123, but I expect it's much of a muchness.

They say that each pre-filled catromizer will last 150-300 puffs. I would say that it's much closer to the 150 puff end of the spectrum. This means that at most you'll get about 15 analogs worth of vape out of each one, rather than a full packet as they claim. Since I only smoked 15-20 analogs a day this meant they lasted about a day for me, which was OK. If you smoked more this could be a point of annoyance.

You can fit spare cartos in the PCC it came with, so just make sure you're not caught short when you're out and about.

As everyone here's already said, you can tell when the carto is running low because the vapour production will decrease to almost nothing. At this point it pays to check that the battery hasn't gone flat. But if your battery is fine it'll be the juice running out. You'll find that if you keep going past this point you'll get a burnt taste. Best to avoid this, as it's a bit icky. Burnt filler also makes it hard to re-use the carto if you're filling them with your own juice in future.

The longevity of the pre-filled cartos seemed fairly consistent to me. I only had 1 dead one out of the 10 I ordered (seemed to have no juice at all). It does get expensive importing the pre-filled cartos from NZ, though. So I switched pretty quickly to filling the empty ones with my own juice. I seemed to be able to fit more juice in the cartos than they did, so they lasted longer per fill. I'd advise caution when doing this, though. The elusion has an automatic battery, so if you overfill you will have juice drip into the battery body causing epic hardware failure.

One other thing I will say: make sure you take long, slow draws. If you suck on it like a normal ciggie you won't get the proper flavour/vape. You'll also find that sometimes you get too much (even leading to juice in the mouth), or too little in any given draw. This may be a factor in the inconsistency you're getting. In which case, practice makes perfect :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread