newbie questions/issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

k_a_r_i

Oct 1, 2010
St. Louis, MO
I bought an njoy NPro a few weeks ago (please don't start on me for that...i know some of you dislike this brand, that is not the issue). The stock battery works fine, short battery life as expected but no other issues. I ordered a spare battery (not njoy brand) and it worked great at first, but after a week, it is almost like sucking a baseball through a straw. Its like I can't get good airflow, but only with this battery. The same carto on my NJoy battery works fine. Any idea why it would start doing this after a week?

Also, I'm still not off of the analogs. I still crave them, but i'm down from 1PAD to 4-5 cigs a day. Thats GREAT, don't get me wrong, but I really wanna kick them to the curb for good. I LOVE the taste of the juice I got (GoodProphets VG Menthol), but sometimes feel like i'm smoking a super super light cig, which I don't really like. I'm not sure if its an equipment issue b/c a lot of the time it seems fine, or if I need to switch juices. At any rate, I'll def get higher nic level when I buy more. (on a side note i'm a BROKE newbie, so i don't have lots of money to buy a bunch of juices, equipment, mods, etc)

Sorry, just kinda rambling...any thoughts or suggestions are appreciated :)

k_a_r_i

Oct 1, 2010
St. Louis, MO
Is it an automatic battery? If so, it could be the airflow through the battery is restricted by something or it has a smaller intake for airflow. I have an atomizer that has a teeny-tiny hole in it and it's the same way, so I don't use that one unless I have to.

If it's a manual battery, I have no idea.

Yes, its an automatic battery, but the intake on the one i'm having problems with is actually larger than the one with no problems.

samsmom

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Sep 29, 2010
North Carolina
Hi there!

I can't help you with the battery issue but can relate to your analog cravings.

I went a whole week without an analog and I was so depressed and felt so bad - dull headache, fatigue, sadness, no interest in anything. I finally went and bought a pack of analogs and have been smoking 3 or 4 a day since Saturday and that seems to help for some reason.

I just look at it like it's better than smoking 2 PAD like I was and that with time I'll be able to quit them altogether.

Most people on the ECF will tell you not to beat yourself up over it and I am not.

I smoked for 35 years so I think it's OK for me to smoke 4-5 a day for now.

Like you, I am still searching for the right equipment and juices and one day I'll find them!

Hang in there and good luck!

tweazee

ECF Veteran
Sep 13, 2010
USA, MO
Been thinking of getting a KR808 next month. Anyone have experience with both the NPro and the KR808? What kind of differences should I expect? I really like the cartomizer setup, so this seems like the best option for upgrading right now. (i want something in the "mini" size range, not a big battery)

My Aunt has the KR808 MANUAL BATTERIES with 901 attys. The manual batteries are better if you like a long slow draw. You will need at least 2 atty & 2-3 batteries depending on how much you vape. We buy individual supplies from vapor value for $10ea battery & 901 attys $5. If you sit by a computer most of the day, you can get the passthrough and not need as many batteries.

Looks like your Njoy Pro is the same as a (4081). You can look for a "4081 to kr808" converter so you dont have to buy new attys, and just buy kr808 batteries. Compatiblity list Atomizer Compatibility List - E-Cigarette Wiki

Link to converters-- TW does have a US store you can see if they have it there as well.
http://www.totallywicked-eliquid.co...901-4081-adapter901808d-1-bat-to-product.html

Last edited:

wv2win

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Feb 10, 2009
GA by way of WV
Auto batteries are wildly inconsistent and malfunction easily. That is why so few vets use them. You probably got liquid in the battery switch and it is now sticking. Eventually it will happen with all your auto batteries.

I would suggest switching to manual batteries. Or you can buy a lot of autos and just keep replacing them. If you go for a manual, I would suggest an eGo as a starting point.

tweazee

ECF Veteran
Sep 13, 2010
USA, MO
Check out this post for 4081 ideas.
http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/rn-4081-super-mini/

not for anything folks but this RN4081 is an oldie and a goodie. these attys run great at 3.7v and also at 6 volts. No burning taste. uysually i will drip on them with a mod.
someone asked about larger carts. Liberty-flights.com the USA comjpany not UK has these attys and the carts. i use an adapter so i can use a KR808 battery or a 901 or a 510 connect to the 4081 atty.
there are 2 different 4081 attys out in the market
the old one has 2 holes no serial number on the metal post and a thin wick.
then there is the newer one has 1 hole serial number on the metal post and a wider wick. These newerf ones are the best and are the ones i use.
Vapor Kings also sel... these attys and cartridges. but they do not stock the larger double capacity cartridges for these. I heard complaints from many that say the smoking everywhere battery sucks too but i dont use a smoking everywhere battery. i use adapters this way i can use whatever i want.
I know Smoking Everytwhere the company sucks from what i hear but like i said i get my atty from Vapor Kings. he has the newer model and i love them. I have used them all. M401 KR808 greencigs 901 801 510 the new 510 cartos and these RN4081 and i also use the Joye 306 (exposed atty) another goodie.
Just trying to pass some info on these attys and how well they work for me. These attys are pretty cheap and they will last you a real long tiome. Happy Vaping

Last edited:

k_a_r_i

Oct 1, 2010
St. Louis, MO
Auto batteries are wildly inconsistent and malfunction easily. That is why so few vets use them. You probably got liquid in the battery switch and it is now sticking. Eventually it will happen with all your auto batteries.

I would suggest switching to manual batteries. Or you can buy a lot of autos and just keep replacing them. If you go for a manual, I would suggest an eGo as a starting point.

isn't the ego larger? I was thinking it was, but with so many different ones, i get confused :)
i'm trying to stay in the "mini" size (similar to an analog). i'm ok with short battery life since i don't smoke that much at work, its mainly at home and I can use a passthrough

as far as switching to manual batteries, thats also why i'm considering switching to a KR808. If i'm going to buy all new batteries, i might as well get something a little better than what i have now since i'm not all that invested at this point. I just have two batteries, 5 cartos, and the usb charger that it came with (and juice of course, but that can be used with any pv). before i go spending money on passthroughs, pcc's, extra batteries, cartos, etc...if i'm gonna switch models i figure now is the time to do it.

Last edited:

RedForeman

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 30, 2010
Georgia
The eGo standard battery is roughly the same size as a AA disposable battery. With the KR8's no experience with them personally, but seem to have a following among folks that want something with the look and feel of an analog. I think MistressNomad's vids in the sticky post above feature that one or the like.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread