Newbie recommendation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sunshyn

ECF Veteran
Feb 18, 2009
CT, USA
www.sblades.com
I did email with Katy. She was absolutely wonderful and even hunted around to see if she could find clove liquid. Very impressive service! The ultimate kit is just a bit more than I can afford right now until I know my husband will like them.

I was disappointed with my brother's response when I brought up e-cigarettes. It seems that every time we talk, he's trying to quit smoking yet never manages it. He's big on gadgets and tech so our mother thought he might like one for his birthday. He said e-cigarettes have been around for years, and he wasn't at all impressed with the idea. I would have thought he'd love it. They both like the same type of things so its possible my husband won't either.

I worry about the time when we are once again around friends who are all smoking. That was, sometimes still is, hardest for me. Are e-cigarettes a perfect replacement at such times? Are they something you had to get used to or are they so impressive that you didn't wish it was a regular cigarette at first?

sherid

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 25, 2008
USA
I did email with Katy. She was absolutely wonderful and even hunted around to see if she could find clove liquid. Very impressive service! The ultimate kit is just a bit more than I can afford right now until I know my husband will like them.

I was disappointed with my brother's response when I brought up e-cigarettes. It seems that every time we talk, he's trying to quit smoking yet never manages it. He's big on gadgets and tech so our mother thought he might like one for his birthday. He said e-cigarettes have been around for years, and he wasn't at all impressed with the idea. I would have thought he'd love it. They both like the same type of things so its possible my husband won't either.

I worry about the time when we are once again around friends who are all smoking. That was, sometimes still is, hardest for me. Are e-cigarettes a perfect replacement at such times? Are they something you had to get used to or are they so impressive that you didn't wish it was a regular cigarette at first?
I bought one of the DSE901's on ebay for 29.00, including shipping. DSE901, Health Beauty, Electronics items on eBay.com It comes from China but took less than a week to get here. It was a great buy, and I will probably be getting another one. The clove liquid from Janty is great and costs 10, so you could get in at just under 50.

UkUsa

ECF Veteran
Dec 15, 2008
Smalltown Iowa, USA

I can't answer for everyone but i know my own experience has been good. I was a 25 - 30 a day smoker for 30 years. I had my ecig for 5 days and stopped smoking the analogs. I still wanted an anlog for the first few weeks but that does fade after a while. If you want to stay totally off the analogs then it does take some effort at certain times. Since i started with these i haven't been in too many social situations where i would be tempted to smoke one. My wife doesn't smoke so i never smoked in the house. I work in an office where i can vap at my desk so it is good not to have to go outside every hour or so.
There is quite a lot people who vape and smoke, but they have dropped from over a pack or two a day to maybe 2 or 3 cigs a day. Normally the first one in the morning, after a meal, times like that.

So i guess what i'm trying to say is, if you want to stop smoking cigarettes these things do seem to make it very easy to not smoke.

I hope this helps some.

Hey all im super new to the e cig world.. just got my e cig today from Smart Fixxdotcom... i know it says its supposed to be oderless... but when i smoke or even smell the device there is a weird smell.. almost like a burning wood smell or something like taht.. has anyone else experienced this as well or is this normal... thanks to all.. great forum

jamie

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 3, 2008
USA
I was disappointed with my brother's response when I brought up e-cigarettes.

It's understandable. Maybe it wasn't so for you but many (most) smokers get brain panic at the thought of really quitting, of really being without cigarettes, no matter what they say. Folks who move to ecigs have either tried them in a non-pressure scene and been pleasantly and gratefully surprised, or have been mentally preparing themselves to the point they've sought it out. When I've brought it up to other smokers off the cuff I don't even think they could hear me over the roaring sound in their head. ;) It could still be a nice birthday gift as long as he doesn't feel under the microscope about using it. No pressure. And charged and tested in advance.

It took me a few weeks to stop reacting to cigarette smoke. I tried to share a real ciggie moment with my sister one day during that period but it tasted so wretched I chucked it.

Katy's great.

all just my opinion :)

[Oak)))______)~~~

Feb 20, 2009
Hey all im super new to the e cig world.. just got my e cig today from Smart Fixxdotcom... i know it says its supposed to be oderless... but when i smoke or even smell the device there is a weird smell.. almost like a burning wood smell or something like taht.. has anyone else experienced this as well or is this normal... thanks to all.. great forum

sorry this is my new SN forgot my old email.....

jamie

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 3, 2008
USA
If you aren't using a cartridge, or smoked the cart dry and are burning the top of the filter material, that could happen. Otherwise no, it's not normal.

I find it hard to think you're serious with that username.

sorry this is my new SN forgot my old email.....
Or that new one you just popped in with.

Last edited:

[Oak)))______)~~~

Feb 20, 2009
no i really am serious... All In was my other forum name and Oak is part of my real name.... logged in under all in then comp tweeked reset it it then couldnt log in lol..... hotmail said my account expired from none use...... but anyway.... i dont think i ran the "cart dry" cause i jsut got it today and out of the box smoking it had that smell... and now when i puff on it my lips kinda burn for some reason.... thanks for the tips though ill try clean it or something.....

Sunshyn

ECF Veteran
Feb 18, 2009
CT, USA
www.sblades.com
Jamie, your post explains everything! I'm sure my husband considers his quitting a temporary situation now. To tell you the truth, when I've tried to bring this up he starts to come up with silly excuses and then dodges the subject completely. I'd pretty much decided to just buy it without mentioning it again. I couldn't figure that one out. I mean he's quit for over a week without the lack of nicotine even bothering him much, but that last would just make it easier to start right back up as soon as the money situation gets better again. The idea of going through that again is the reason I don't do that "well just one wouldn't hurt" thing.

I like the idea of giving them all charged and tested. I hadn't thought of that. If it wasn't for the current monetary situation, I would have just gone about this by buying one for myself and talked about all the yummy flavors . :)

Maybe I could make 2 trials out of 1 Ultimate Kit since it even seems to come with 2 types of chargers. My brother isn't expecting much, if anything, from me this year anyway since he knows we're having money problems. I could mail him the basics, ready to go with nicotine cartridges so he could just play around with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread