Status
Not open for further replies.

NiNi

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 4, 2013
Paulden, Arizona
Welcome to ECF and congratulations on your soon to be new found "hobby"! Bawahahahaha!
The cravings will stick around for a while, you'll just really stop liking the taste of analogs,and you'll found more pleasure in simply vaping a good ejuice...seriously, I kid you not!
If you cave, no biggie, but after a while you'll be lucky to take 2 drags and not go "YUCK!" You're on your own time schedule, and not matter how easy or hard other's experiences have been, all of them are unique, nobody has the same adventure!
Just make sure you drink plenty of water. Even going on my 9th month of vaping, my gear and water go hand in hand. You've been putting chemicals into your body for years with analogs and not only will the water help flush your system, it helps prevent dehydration (from vaping) and keeps your throat from getting sore the first few days.
Make sure that if you have ANY questions, POST! We're a real friendly bunch of peeps, we've all been where you're at and can answer any questions you have.
Congratulations on your first step becoming a non-smoker! :thumbs:

light101

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Hi there and welcome, good for you taking the first big step. Remember making that transition doesn't have to be completely all or nothing. What is important is that you find a way to understand what your body is needing.Try to care for that part that is still craving the toxins. While it is great that you have such strong intentional resolve, don't beat yourself up if you need a drag or so to keep going. Every vape is one less smoke but do what you have to to get to the next on.

All the best to you, light

The Ocelot

Psychopomp
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 12, 2012
The Clock Barrens, Fillory
Hi and welcome!

Everyone quits at their own speed, so try not to worry about it. Giving up cigarettes is very stressful and forcing yourself to quit completely when you're not quite ready to, can make the stress worse. Vaping is fun! Try to focus and the fun part - all the flavors and toys to try - pretty soon you'll "forget" to smoke. :)

mycrimsondemise

Sep 19, 2013
ohio
Thank you all so much. I think it is very important to have support when trying to quit! My boyfriend is also making the switch so that is helpful. I never really intended to completely switch over. Mainly bought it so I could "smoke" in the house and such. I have 24 mg of nicotine (the highest they sold at my vapor station) but as of right now it is not putting my cravings at bay. I think most of it is me mentally wanting what I have been use to in the 10 years I have been a regular smoker. I think I need something that provides a bigger hit if that makes sense. Any suggestions?

Legacyst

Sep 14, 2013
Ohio-->New Mexico
Thank you all so much. I think it is very important to have support when trying to quit! My boyfriend is also making the switch so that is helpful. I never really intended to completely switch over. Mainly bought it so I could "smoke" in the house and such. I have 24 mg of nicotine (the highest they sold at my vapor station) but as of right now it is not putting my cravings at bay. I think most of it is me mentally wanting what I have been use to in the 10 years I have been a regular smoker. I think I need something that provides a bigger hit if that makes sense. Any suggestions?

Hi there! Fellow Buckeye (for the moment) :) Have you experimented with your pg/vg levels?? I know when I first started my liquids were mostly pg & when I received my first primarily vg liquid it made a difference, vg gives you a "thicker" vape. Congrats! :D

The Ocelot

Psychopomp
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 12, 2012

You're just one day in, correct? Give it a little time. When you ask about "bigger hit," you may get a lot of suggestions for different batteries devices, building coils, whatever, but that likely won't make much of a difference to you at this point. You can get 36mg nic online and you may want to check into WTA (Whole Tobacco Alkaloids -there are threads in the liquids sub-forum).

I smoked for 40 years, 1.5PAD at least for the last 10 or so. I started vaping before I found ECF, so I didn't know what nic level to choose. I decided on 12mg, since it seemed in the middle. My reasoning was that if I needed more nic I would vape more. I vaped like a freaking dragon, but it worked for me. It may not work that way for you, we are all different, but I wanted to share an example.

nmackan

ECF Veteran
Sep 3, 2013
Turkiye
Just stopping by to say hello! I am on day one of switching from analogs to e cig. Purchased a purple EVOD yesterday. Im not going to lie I am still craving analogs pretty bad. My EVOD has helped significantly not but completely. I am not a strong willed person but am pretty confident I will never touch a real cigarette again!!

How much your nic level is? I think you need a rise at that. Only craving I had after beginning is because of the juice they sold me without nic. Only 2-3 analogs I smoked after the beginning was after that fake juice when I went to get genuine. After that I did not ask any cigarettes nor liked the smoke others used

IMZed

ECF Veteran
Aug 22, 2013
Hamilton, OH, USA
Hi, Mycrimsondemise. Good to see another Ohioan. What part/where in Ohio are you?

Just my opinion here, but if you have 24mg strength nic-liquid the cravings you are getting may not be from lack of liquid. There are a lot of other factors involved in switching over from cigarettes to vaping, and the nicotine fix is not the only thing you are changing. Actually, if you smoked full-flavored cigarettes, you are probably getting the same amount of nicotine, even though you may be vaping more. But your mind will play tricks on you and make you think you are craving something. It might be the hand-mouth action. It might be the taste. It might even be the feel of the plastic/metal against your lips as opposed to the paper. Have patience. Keep going.

I started vaping in early/mid-May on a part-time basis - still finishing up the cartons of cigarettes I had stashed away awaiting my coming layoff/retirement. By the time I smoked my last cigarette on 6/26 I didn't really even want it, and it tasted awful. I had smoked for the better part of 50 years, and I was really dreading not having cigarettes. But I had to make up my mind that I couldn't smoke any more because I couldn't afford to on a limited pension income. But I did it! And if I could do it, I'm sure you can too. Congratulations on your decision to vape instead of smoke.

MarieE

Sep 5, 2013
USA
Yes, just one day in. I sort of expected to not have craving since I am still getting the nicotine. But I see now that is not the case. lol. I have been reading up on the pg/vg levels. I ordered some that are 50/50 to see if I like them. I guess I have some experimenting to do!

Experimenting with your juice is the biggest thing in vaping. You have to find the right nic level, the right vg/pg ratio, and the right flavor for you. It is a very personal thing. Some like higher nic, some like lots of flavor, some like light flavor, some like vg and some like pg. Just find some cheap places to experiment with the juice and before long you will find what works for you.
I personally like Mt Baker Vapor because of the options you get there, and they have good prices.

Also, don't worry about slipping up once in a while, it happens. Just keep vaping and soon you will not want an analog, seriously, they really taste bad after vaping for a while.

Good luck!

The Ocelot

Psychopomp
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 12, 2012
Yes, just one day in. I sort of expected to not have craving since I am still getting the nicotine. But I see now that is not the case. lol. I have been reading up on the pg/vg levels. I ordered some that are 50/50 to see if I like them. I guess I have some experimenting to do!

There are many chemicals in cigarettes that we are/were addicted to in addition to just nicotine. If nicotine addiction was the only issue, patches and gum would have a higher success rate. You'll get there :)

Starlyte2

ECF Veteran
Jul 16, 2012
Carcassonne, France
Welcome, first off, to ECF, but most of all, CONGRATULATIONS in becoming a Vaper :)

Evods are really super for vaping. And when they start to taste a bit burnt, and the vapour isn't the same, you just need to change the little screw in resistance, and it's like new. If you've got a couple or three Evods and at least 2, better 3 batteries (1 in use, 1 on Charge, and 1 to cange to), and some spare resistances you're sitting pretty.

When I started vaping I found a shop on the net that sold 5ML bottles of sample Eliquids, at different nicotine strengths (LibertyFlights in the UK or USA). I cose a few tobacco flavors that sounded OK, and bought the 4 different strngths of nicotine for each ( 24mg, 18mg, 15mg & 12mg per ml). Like that I could find out the strength I needed to not crave for a ..., and shout at my friend. It worked.

But a few months ago I was stressed, and kept craving for a real ciggy (even though after a few months vaping I've found they taste DISGUSTING :evil: , upped my nicotine from 12mg/ml to 18mg/ml. I chain vaped over 10ml a day.
Then I bought some WTA liquid, which contains, as well as nicotine, other tobacco alkaloids believed to be addictive. I about a week I'd dropped down to 12mg/ml, and, without any effort on my part, used only 3ml a day. I'd thought it was psychological, but it helped me.

So instead of going back to smoking, in last case, give WTA juice a try. It's worth it if you can stay vaing. There are 2 shops I know of that make it, (Aromajuice and Wholecig, check them out on google, or if you can't find them, me a PM); I'm noy sure if we can give shop addresses on here, if not, Mr Moderator, scusee;)

There's always a solution, as long as you want to stay Vaper. Take a trip around the forum, it's full of health, legal, device, juice and shop information. There's also just chatting.

Lots of people find that vaping actually becomes a hobby, and make juice, devices, racks for holding the Personel Vapers (PVs), and anything else you can imagine.

Good luck Happy Vaping, and remember there aren't stupid questions, so ask if you have a question. There are hundreds of Vapers here, all ready to answer you ;)

Mot of all, HAVE FUN :D:vapor:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread