Status
Not open for further replies.

suprtrkr

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 22, 2014
Cowtown, USA. Where the West begins.
Hi and welcome. i started with vape pens, like everybody. I didn't get real comfortable with it until I could get up to 25ish watts-- this required mechanical mods back in the day-- and toppers breathing freely enough for direct lung hits. I started 12-18mg and am down to 5 now.

QcVaper

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 17, 2017
Canada/Quebec
There isin't a one way fits all quit smoking tutorial, you quit how you wanna quit at the rythm you want to.
MY way was to keep it fresh always, started with a low cost mod and an aspire nautilus, never vaped twice the same liquids when i quitted,as to again keeping it fresh. Kept upgrading to higher,better devices (aspire nx75 with fat scylla sv,then tried a bunch of tanks and now with a gpriv 2 and a peerless rda).Since then i haven't touched a single analog in over 6 months, and i'm as high (hardware and DIY level wise) as i'll ever be okay to be.

Letitia

Citrus Junkie
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2017
West Frankfort, IL
If you stick with Nauti and like the draw just use higher nic juices. I needed dtl tanks to quit. Started at 24mg with mtl Nauti and was just frustrated. Bought a Kanger Subtank Mini and dropped to 18mg within a month, also dropped to less than 1/2 pack a day within a week.
So if you like your tank pickup a bottle of 18 or 24mg. If it is too much you can tone it down with the 6mg.

Possum64

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 25, 2017
Brisbane, Australia
Welcome back to ECF darkrose! Sounds like everyone is giving you similar advice....up the nicotine for a while. I hover between 18 and 24mgs (with the Nautilus mini) depending on how my cravings for cigs are going. 6mg for me would not cut it at all....

I am still duel using about 3 months in to vaping and that is ok too. Each vaping journey in different. I hope you find something that works for you. Best of luck!
Catherine

jfcooley

I find your lack of faith disturbing...
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2017
Charlottesville, Virginia
Welcome to ECF.

Dual using is better than just smoking. I haven't read replies but I'll bet someone pointed out that at least with dual there are cigs you haven't smoked because you vaped instead.

I was able to quit smoking the day I started vaping, been over 4 months since then. I am now healthier and have a hobby.

I have always thought that one will quit when one is ready to quit. When you are ready you'll put up the cigs for good. In the meantime keep vaping. Good luck, you can do it.

DancingHeretik

Dancing in the Chaos
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 20, 2011
San Antonio, TX
I actually joined a long time ago, but I just seriously got back into vaping. Any and all advice is appreciated. I am still smoking, trying to quit. I'm running a cuboid tap with a aspire nautilus. Using a 6 mg. I want to be cig free. How did you quit.
I agree with the others. If you're using the nautilus, up your nic.

Do you like the flavor of the eliquid you're using. You might experiment until you find one that you really like. It makes a huge difference.

If none of that works, it might be time to try a different topper.

The Nautilus is MTL (mouth-to-lung). That's where you get the vapor into your mouth and then inhale it. The subtank is DL (direct-lung), inhaled directly into your lungs.

I can't handle DL vaping. It's too much for me. But, for some people that's what it takes to finally quit.

The popularity of the DL toppers and cloud chasing is why 6 mg juice has become so popular. You take in a lot more vapor and need to lower the nic level to make up for it.

But, since the Nautilus is MTL, you should be using higher nic, at least at first.

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
I agree with upping your nic. I vape at 18 mg nic and started on a Nautilus 2, which is really one of the more "true" MTL vapes. I've branched out and will vape at lower resistance at times, but I'm still using that nic, and still in a pretty MTL fashion, I think my highest wattages usually hover around 12 watts, lowest around 6. With that wattage and a MTL tank you need more nic to compensate for less vapor. With that said, I tried DL initially and it didn't work for me at all. But since you have the Nautilus tank, I'd say trying to up your nicotine first. But, as Letitia says, sometimes DL suits someone much more...

Best of luck, glad you are starting up vaping again. I dual used for a couple weeks the first time around but I did *NOT* quit vaping, I would vape right before (and right after) every cigarette, and over time I was able to drop those cigarettes. It wasn't easy and I needed determination and willpower, but my first cigarette-free day, I almost keeled over in shock :) Then, detox REALLY started, but I didn't want to go backwards and the nice thing is, it will end.

Anna

AzPlumber

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 28, 2011
Arizona
Do you like the flavor of the eliquid you're using. You might experiment until you find one that you really like. It makes a huge difference.

I agree with this ^ wholeheartedly, find a flavor that you just can't put down and smoking becomes a taste that's hard to stomach.

When I first started vaping I would A) tell myself any cravings I am NOW having is from the addiction to the stuff in stinkies that is killing me and B) I would replace the word cigarette or smoke with vape whenever I thought I need smoke and would pick up my vape and vape away.

darkrose

Oct 23, 2014
East Ridge, TN
Since I have two different liquids. A tobbaco flavored in 6 mg. And a strawberry breeze that I actually have a 6 mg, plus a smaller bottle of 18 mgs. I switched to that and mixed it so it would be higher nic. At this point I can't subom, I literally hack my lungs almost out. I am a die hard mtl right now. I am still smoking analogs, which I'm trying to give up. My cuboid tap is a pretty decent mod that is capable of 220 watts, so I can go either way. It's trial and error right now. I have trouble sticking to it, and esp at work when I can chain vape. I love being able to talk to others about it, this is great.

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
I found dual using difficult, as switching from tobacco to vaping was tough and I would cough more.

I actually successfully quit by eliminating my most difficult cigarette, the first one in the morning. My logic was that if I smoked that ONE, I'd be smoking all day and so I just held out as long as I could for the day before giving in. It really helped.

Sometimes ridding oneself of the hardest cigarette of the day (be it AM or after dinner or whatever) and having success can be really helpful. Don't get me wrong, I totally still dual used for a bit and had a few days of catastrophic failure.... Man, there was one day I smoked an ENTIRE pack of cigarettes when I was stressed (to be fair to myself, I was a 3 ppd smoker) but I was kind of glad it happened.... The next day I felt AWFUL and the allure of cigarettes was vastly decreased. So a few bouts of over-smoking really told me what I needed to know about what it was doing-- instantly-- to my lungs.

Anna

Reactions: Possum64

tgs3

ECF Veteran
Aug 3, 2017
Brooklyn, NY
I completely concur that you should up your nicotine too at least 18mg. You are apparently happy with your device, but if you don't have a backup, you need to get one.

I started vaping in August. Around the middle of September I bought a small pocket notebook and wrote down the time of every cigarette I smoked before I lit up. It had the effect of forcing me to think about what I was doing. I am now down to 2 per day. By the way, I chain vaped a lot! Still do even if the juice is 24mg.

darkrose

Oct 23, 2014
East Ridge, TN
I think I'm going Tommow and get some stronger juice to mix in with my tobbaco flavor. I'm not good with the fruity flavors yet. I really do like my device and my tank, it's just perfecting my juice and sticking to it. I'm trying to get away from dual use cause I don't trust myself. Me and my hubby are both trying to vape, he is using a subom. I love all of the advice, and I'm going to up my nicotine like suggested. Anything to help me make it this time.

BrotherBob

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 24, 2014
Sunnyvale,CA,USA
I actually joined a long time ago, but I just seriously got back into vaping. Any and all advice is appreciated. I am still smoking, trying to quit. I'm running a cuboid tap with a aspire nautilus. Using a 6 mg. I want to be cig free. How did you quit.
Welcome and glad you joined.
There is no absolute way of quitting. I stopped by vaping only for a week and found that when I tried to go back, it was like inhaling a dirty ash trey. You have to quit the way that is easiest for you.
Might like to read:
https://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/threads/still-smoking-support-and-chat-thread.519384/
At this point I can't subom, I literally hack my lungs almost out. I am a die hard mtl right now. I am still smoking analogs, which I'm trying to give up. My cuboid tap is a pretty decent mod that is capable of 220 watts, so I can go either way. It's trial and error right now. I have trouble sticking to it, and esp at work when I can chain vape. I love being able to talk to others about it, this is great.
You may have an allergy, could check:
https://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/threads/coughing-at-the-begining.745909/
https://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/f...g-tobacco-and-changing-to-an-ecigarette.3305/
I think I'm going Tommow and get some stronger juice to mix in with my tobbaco flavor.
I DIY, could read:
One Shot Concentrates
One Shot Flavor Concentrates
One Shot Concentrates - Flavor Concentrates - <p class="shopbydepartment"><span style="font-size: 14px;">Shop by</span><span style="font-size: 16px; font-weight: bold;">Department</span></p>
One of the advantages in one shot mixing, is a mix with a set taste that is close to the flavor advertised on the bottle.
A disadvantage, is the mix can be difficult to customize. This form of DIY is simpler than mixing numerous "single" flavors.

• Useful
Reactions: Letitia
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread