Status
Not open for further replies.

Sewknitty

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 12, 2010
NY
shesaquitter.wordpress.com
i'm definitely interested in trying these! even though they vape cooler rather than hotter, does that mean that less vapor is produced or throat hit is sacrificed? or it's just less wear on the battery? i apologize if this is a dumb question. thanks!

Let me pop one on the Darwin and answer you honestly...

The draw is tighter, almost like sucking smoke from a cigarette tight (vs. sucking a golf ball through a straw tight). I kinda like this about them and I'm sure it has something to do with the way the air flows through the thing - the design of it - and as a result I (and your mileage may vary) don't get plumey plumes of vapor. I get reasonable and satisfactory streams of vapor with a 70/30 (VG/PG) juice. Ceramic cartos provide more vapor but not as much throat hit, imo, as a G5.

Vapor - 90%
Throat hit - :thumb:
Battery life - lower pixies or volts probably equals longer battery life

Edit: actually, I'm not sure that was fair. I was using a new one I'd just filled with a new juice and after a few more drags got great ervapor production. These aren't at all shabby! And monitoring the juice level without worrying about the tube cracking is damn cool.

Last edited:

MichelleDen

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 9, 2010
Denmark
Neither the Igo or the G5s require a syringe to fill...The Igo has a large opening for filling and so do these...Not really sure where you heard you needed a syringe...The I-gos can certainly be filled quicker with a syringe. but you can drip directly into them and just have to wait a few minutes ofr it to absorb on the initial fill.
The G5 also fill quite easily. To answer your question these carts will work with the I-Go. Thanks
Drew

well when theres igo ego gogo and so on, theres gonna be some confusion.... its the ego cartos that need syringes..

Drewsworld

Resting In Peace
Mar 14, 2009
New Jersey
www.nhaler.com
I like my iGo, but none of my kr808d1 cartomizers work on it. I have carts from V4L, LiteCig, mega carts from PigCig, and the G5 cartomizers from Nhaler- none of them work on the iGo. The only cart that works on it is the big iGo cartomizer.

Is there some trick I'm missing?

You may have to adjust the center pin on your cartos...Just pull up ever so slightly on the center pin of the carto. Thanks
Drew

ditc

ECF Veteran
Mar 9, 2009
i just got these today, and i have no idea what i'm doing! first of all, i'm assuming i drip along the side (so as not to get any liquid in the center tube). my first observation was that the liquid goes down to the bottom, to where the "tray" is... and it collects there... BUT,,, some of the liquid is dripping below the tray, and getting into that bottom chamber where the atomizer is... is this supposed to happen? i am finding that there is a gurgling sound and as well, juice coming out of the bottom (battery end) of the cartomizer... why and how could this be if i didn't get any liquid in the middle tube when dripping from the top? am i doing something wrong? also, how many times can be refilled, and to what point in the tank should i fill until (in other words, approximately how many drops should i be using until it's full?) thanks so much in advance!

ditc

ECF Veteran
Mar 9, 2009
after trying with 3 more of these, i am getting the same results! i'm not getting any liquids in the center airhole, and i fill it up and the liquid sits (briefly) at the tray, where it should,,, and within 1-2 mins, the liquid starts dripping under the tray and to the bottom, where the atomizer is... resulting in gurgling and getting juice in the airhole, making these unusable...

Drewsworld

Resting In Peace
Mar 14, 2009
New Jersey
www.nhaler.com
Not sure what you are doing but, just fill them 3/4 of the way and replace the tip. You may get a drop or two out of the connector when first filled that you can just wipe the battery end with a tissue. Also if you are using an adapter of some type , dont tighten it up too much because that will push the center pin up and can cause leaking.
Drew

DaTrader

Mar 30, 2010
Pattaya
I'm on day 5 with these and I love them! I'm using them with my Vapor King long manual batterys and they perform great.

The rubber tips are very comfortable and don't leak. I'm getting a lot longer battery life then I ever got with my cartos and being able to watch my fluid level is awesome.

I do always manage to get a little bit of liquid down the center tube but I normally just blow through it and dab it with a tissue and I'm good to go.

Thanks Drew!

abby182000

ECF Veteran
Mar 7, 2009
I've been letting it soak but how would I see if the tip is pushed in too tight? I pulled off the rubbery one that came with it and put one of your drip tips on it and it's not on really tight.

EDIT: I went to pull the drip tip off and the entire top shattered in my hand. I looked closer to the base as saw quite a bit of what I think is silicon by the wick. I think it was only wicking on one side instead of both which is probably why it was harsh and lighting up red. I just tried another one and at first it worked really well and then started up red. I think the rubber tips are making it not wick. I put my drip tip on this one and so far it's working.....

Last edited:

okiedokiesmokie

ECF Veteran
Jun 13, 2011
Miami
Any suggestions on cleaning these? Rinse? Ultra sonic?

I bought these a month ago to try out and it took a bit to figure out (because I'm so new at this) but they're pretty freaking fantastic. I get a really clean taste from them. I just rinsed them in hot tap water over and over again then blew the excess water out. Did a dry run to evaporate the water from the wick and refilled. I'd give them a try if you're interested. I just reordered 3 packs.

MNG

Verified Member
Mar 21, 2011
Marina, CA
I've been looking for an alternative to the iGo cartomizers to go with my iGo battery. For some reason 808-threaded CE2 just don't fit on the iGo (sorry Drew, if you have to read my .....ing twice). I've read a couple times that these work well with the iGo and I'm almost sold. The clear tube is what scares me. The POS clear CE2s are much too fragile for my vaping habits and I'm lucky to get through one fill of the carto before it starts leaking. However, in my reading, I am getting the impression that Drew has managed to find an improved design much less prone to leaking. If nothing else, the lack of "replacement tubes" appears to be a good indication. Anyone care to provide a brief comparison of the two products? Thanks.

MNG

Verified Member
Mar 21, 2011
Marina, CA
What is the trick to replacing the tips on these without the pressure pushing half the juice out the battery end? I filled two no problems, but I'm not sure how, given the design. Still not sure how the juice gets to the atty, but the main chamber seems air tight. Push a well fit tip down and with nowhere for the air to escape, the juice is getting pushed out the bottom. Again, only had this problem on one out of three cartos. Could this be the viscosity of the juice or just a case of a tighter fitting tip? Must say, I'm impressed so far. Clean flavor and no cracked tube yet (crossing fingers). As long as I can get past the filling problem and they can hold up through a few fills, I may have finally settled on a rig between these and my igo. Thanks.

Drewsworld

Resting In Peace
Mar 14, 2009
New Jersey
www.nhaler.com
Thanks for posting MNG...I was starting to think I was nuts....I filled five of these things up and let them sit in different positions (standing, lying down, upside down,etc..) and used 2 of them on different adapters and mods...
No problems at all...So then I have this one that I am refilling and its leaking out???? So I get a new one and it does the same thing?
I hnestly am not sure why , but I was kinda thinking that it the position of the center pin...I put a cart condom on them now before filling and that seems to keep them from leaking.
Drew

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread