Status
Not open for further replies.

zerominusone

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 9, 2011
in your house
I just got 2 pks of these G5s in the mail today. The first one that I filled (with Johnson Creek Tennessee Cured) leaked just a little to begin with but then stopped (only lost less than a drop of liquid-nuthin' to worry about; loose more than that filling regular cartos). The flavor and vapor was very good. The first and second hits after filling, weren't all that great but after that they were all great. The next one I filled with Coffee from Ms. T's Bakery and it didn't leak at all. So far these G5s are good, if they stay good, I'm gonna use these exclusively (except for when I want some Cinnabomb). One problem though, there's a little bit of liquid in the center tube of the first one that gets in my mouth every once in a while; don't know how that got in there. Well, two problems. The other one is the threaded piece of plastic on the mouth piece. I don't care for that too much; guess I'm gonna have to get somekind of drip tip kind of thing to put over it.

Last edited:

MNG

Verified Member
Mar 21, 2011
Marina, CA
Thanks for replying Drew. After a few days with these, I'm pretty happy. Excepting the filling process with this one particular carto/juice combination, I've had zero problems with leaking. I have noticed some inconsistency with the resistence and smoothness (amount of gurgle) of the draw. But that may very well be attributed to the viscosity of the different juices I'm using. This is not a show stopper, just an observation. I'm. More concerned with flavor, TH, and to a smaller extent, vapor. I'll try using a condomn next time I fill and if I can avoid wasting too much juice, I may stick with these until the next great carto comes along.

With all that said, I'm interested in trying a dual coil. Given that you have none for a kr808, can you recommend which carto/adapter would work best with the igo? Thanks again.

EDIT: Recommendation on jumbo vs colossal and 510 vs 801 adapter. Thanks.

EDIT: Oh yeah...and being totally ignorant in regards to resistance, 1.5 or 2.0 ohm? Thanks #2.

EDIT: If both adapters work equally well with the igo, I think I'll go with the 801 so I can finally have an excuse to get some drip tips everyone is always talking about. Thanks #3.

Last edited:

zerominusone

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 9, 2011
in your house
What's the capacity of these G5 in terms of ml?

I think they're supposed to hold around a ml but I could only fill it about 1/2 way because when you put the moutpiece tip back on, the pressure (?) pushes some juice out the bottom. I've had mind for just over 3 full days now and have refilled 5 times. No leaks after the fill leakage though; and no cracks (gonna avoid cinnamon usage with these), and everything is good except a little gurgling 'cuz the juice gets in the center tube sometimes and that makes some get in your mouth (but I found if you take a SLOW drag, it eleviates that). Total rating for me = 4.3 out of 5.

MNG

Verified Member
Mar 21, 2011
Marina, CA
I think the cap pushes out almost a half ml on my one problem carto/juice (choco mint). Given how airtight the cap is, this doesn't surprise me...it just makes sense. What does surprise me is that I've filled the other two numerous times with hardly a drop of juice leaking. I'm going to rinse out one of my known-leak-and-hassle-free cartos and run some of the same choco mint juice through it to see if it leaks. Then I will take my troublesome carto, rinse it out, and put some coconut or grape in...[exit work, enter home]…juice in it.

Was able to put some coconut in the leaky carto without too much loss, but I was being much more careful than I was the first time I filled the g5 without incident. I used a slow, twisting motion to reinsert the cap...not terrible results. I do think the wick is now toast, having used a dark juice originally. Its easy to rinse the main chamber; the chamber with the coil, not so much. No amount of dry burn was going to get rid of the gunk. Consequently, the quality of the experience is not as great as the first fill.

Tomorrow I'll put some choco mint in a carto I know didn't leak before and report the results. But at this point, I think the leaking carto was just a dud. The first two are still working like new.

Last edited:

zerominusone

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 9, 2011
in your house
I put a condom from a different carto over the battery end (they're kinda tough to get off) and push it ALL the way on as far as I can get it. Then fill it up, can't fill it all the way full 'cuz you gotta have room for the cap so just guesstomate how much to get it full, then kinda push and screw the cap into it and remove the condom. Then you can squeeze out the little bit of juice that's in the condom back into the juice bottle (about 3 SMALL drops). While I was typing this, I took a pic of the one I filled about an hour ago so you can see how full I got it (remember it was about an hour ago so I have been vaping on it)
zerominusone-albums-me-jc-no-johnson-creek-picture49426-prettyfullg5.html

ReflectedLight

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 15, 2011
New Jersey
So excited to get the i-Go, G5s and some Maxx carts to test out some homemade juice and some Johnson flavors - and I sit here semi-frustrated 3 days later.

The i-Go batteries will be my everyday drivers - just the right power and they last all day. They just feel right after starting out with the V2 (whose passthrough I still use). The i-Go carts tasted burnt on first use and the taste never went away - and I came home today to find both of them in puddles of juice. Cleaned them out and hoping for better next use.

The G5s are breaking my heart - I've filled 4 with some Johnson flavors and some of mine (grape and raspberry) and only 1 made it through the day, only to find it too had leaked all over as well today. The fifth one is staring at me as I type, daring me to try it out. I hesitate.... The kicker is that flavors taste WONDERFUL in them. Clean and smooth. Even the Johnson flavors I've tried and not especially liked were better in those. I'm going to have to wait to try the G5s again. I must be doing something wrong.

With all this said, I am apparently the exception - most of you love them. Maybe the QC isn't all there yet or maybe I'm just doing it wrong.

Drewsworld

Resting In Peace
Mar 14, 2009
New Jersey
www.nhaler.com
Well that does sound frustrating. I would try not tightening them up so much on the batteries(the G5s). Also Johnson Liquids are mostly VG and are cut with water as far as I know which makes them VERY thin, but that should not cause the cartos to leak.
The IGo cartos need to be filled pretty well before they are used. I cant understand for the life of me why they would taste burndt though?
Drew

I am hoping someone can help with this, I have tried 3 of the 5 that I ordered to try out. the first leaked thru no matter what I did. The last 2 I tried vaperite VR4 in and BWB hazelnut tobacco and with both had the same result. It was excellent for a about 15-20 puffs then a burnt taste. I am using a Volt battery with this. The last one that I tried before use I let stand upright for several hours before even attempting to vape. Is this juice to thick for the cart? is there something else I may be missing?

zerominusone

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 9, 2011
in your house
My G5s only worked with absolutely clear juices: Strawberry and Arctic Menthol. They all leaked with the darker juices. Also, don't fill 'em up all the way. When you're filling it, I found it helped to only fill it about 1/2 way and put a condom on the battery end to keep juice from coming out when you put the mouthpiece back on.

bev135

Sep 14, 2011
Colorado
I have several of these that my friend gave me. I'm using them on V4L 808 batteries. Overall, I think they're great! It's nice to be able to see how much juice there is and they seem to provide good flavor and lots of vapor.
But I have trouble with one particular juice. It's a fruity flavored juice, almost clear, and I think it's 50/50 pg/vg. It works just fine but it turns dark brown and tastes kind of funky by the time I get down to the end. I have washed it out and tried again and the same thing happens.
Two other juice flavors don't have this problem.
What would cause this?

Corona

Oct 17, 2009
Tri-State Area
My g5's last about 5 days, then they get dark, taste funny, or don't produce vapor. My juices are pg and not clear.
To clean g5s, , not the other clear types, soak them in alcohol a few hours, then rinse & soak in peroxide & the burnt juice will loosen & wash away. You will know, however, by the taste, when they are done!
As for the leakers, I have removed the pin & the tiny rubber seal from another g5 that is done, but never leaked, and put them into the leaking one (sometimes brand new) . Use thin tweezers to re-seat the seal, being careful not to move/hit the wick/coil and then replace the pin.
Again don't hit the coil with the pin.
The g5s seem to leak when that tiny seal is ripped or has a split, so be sure that the one you use to replace the leaker is intact.

The gurgling, I haven't found a solution, blowing it out only solves the issue temporarily.
good luck

CORONA

rawrscary

ECF Veteran
Jun 3, 2011
Seattle
So after hours of online shopping for ecig kits and various parts, I had placed an order for some 808 cartomizers and 1 battery. After doing more shopping I decided I wanted to cancel my order as I had decided to go with an entirely different system in which the 808 gear I purchased at Nhaler would not work.

I sent in an email to Nhaler and asked to cancel my order as I had literally just placed it about an hour before I wanted to cancel it.

I get this reply back "Hello,
SOrry about that once an order has been invoiced and the payment processed we cannot cancel an order what seems to bethe issue?

Sean"

My reply: Why can't you cancel it? It was placed today. I don't need the order because I purchased a different system that your parts won't work with. So I'd just like it cancelled please.

Final answer from Nhaler "Hi,Once we process an order there is a processing fee associated with the order. Also we print the orders right away and process a shipping label at the same time. Your particualr order was shipped before we got the request to cnacel it. Sorry about the inconvenience. Thank You,
Drew"

Honestly...? You can't cancel the order? Or you won't cancel it...?

What exactly prevents you from cancelling the order? Volusion won't let you log in to your account and cancel an order? Since when?

This order was placed around 4am and you try to give me the excuse that you print the label right away and process a shipping label? So what? As if that's all being done at 4am right?

Not only am I going to refuse shipment when it arrives, but I'm going to file a chargeback against you for refusing to cancel my order when it was only about an hour after I had actually placed it online.

Processing fees? Not the customers problem. So you have to pay 30 cents cause you ran a debit or credit card? Again, not the customers problem. Hope that 30 cents was worth more to you than any repeat business you may have had by handling my order like any other normal business would. There's cost to doing business. There's also a reason why it's against Visa/Mastercard rules to charge people that 30 cent fee, like all the little mini marts love to do. It's part of the cost of doing business. Trying to push that off and make the customer responsible is absurd.

I am a business owner and also have an online shop. I can guarantee you if I fed my customers a line of crap like you fed me, I wouldn't be in business too much longer.

I've read plenty of negative things about Nhaler and decided to order anyway. Gosh am I sorry I did! Plenty of other options out there where I don't have to put up with this kind of garbage.

Enjoy the chargeback. If I want to cancel something, I have every right to. YOU are not going to force me to keep an order, especially considering it was placed at 4am, and you didn't even ship the package until the end of the day.

Drewsworld

Resting In Peace
Mar 14, 2009
New Jersey
www.nhaler.com
Im sorry you feel that way...That is our policy and if you wanted to pay the fee you could of said that...We also would of been glad ro change your order. There is a cancelation fee as well, but you would know that I guess? Not trying to be a wiseguy but there are other ways this could of been handled.
Drew

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread