Status
Not open for further replies.

Liv2Ski

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 14, 2010
Burnt Hills NY
Well after many months of faithful service my Ghetto Bolt finally bit the dust. While my 5 Kicks happily chew up 18500's in the P+18, SB and Roughstack I liked the ghetto bolt for the ability to throw a Panasonic 18650 at a Kick. So I finally bit the bullet and ordered up a bead blasted kick style x-haler. I also grabbed another Bolt. The dead one (most likely the switch since the POS ultra thin wire is in tact) will be relegated to the "I might work on that someday" pile.

I also could not help myself and adding a reactor tank, extra reactor atty and tube, some adapters and another Panasonic batt. Damn I was doing so good too and have not had a package at my house for three weeks. Hey Drew has the order shipped yet????? :)

The Ghetto Bolt lives again. Just like the six million dollar man I have made it better, stronger and faster :). Fault was in the wire at the 510 connector. I dusted off the soldering iron and added a better switch, new connector and beefier wire. All is good in the ghetto now. I figured a little Elvis would be appropriate:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Ox1Tore9nw

lannister

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 6, 2012
CT, central
The Ghetto Bolt lives again. Just like the six million dollar man I have made it better, stronger and faster :). Fault was in the wire at the 510 connector. I dusted off the soldering iron and added a better switch, new connector and beefier wire. All is good in the ghetto now. I figured a little Elvis would be appropriate:
elvis presley - in the ghetto - YouTube

Ghetto Bolt is a fine ghetto bolt once again. Long live ghetto bolt.

patch

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 25, 2012
nyc
hi gang,

just got a precise plus 18650 and have run into an unexpected snag. the kick does not seem to fit! it is especially perplexing because the P+ is one of the tested mods on evolv's kick webpage. the kicks i tried are pretty new, acquired from nhaler in the last month. the kick essentially fits except for the ground spring which extends just a shade too far to get the kick in the P+'s tube.

do later versions of the kick have ground springs which extend slightly further than older models?

has anyone else had this problem with a precise plus 18650?

Drewsworld

Resting In Peace
Mar 14, 2009
New Jersey
www.nhaler.com
This si the first I have heard of any sizing problems. I did have one blasted Xhaler tube that the Kick didnt fit in , but it was because tube was slightly knurled on one end during the polishing process. I had to run a threader through the end a couple times. I would not suggest that with the P...I would contact Dave about that. Sorry your having a problem.
Drew

NebulaBrot

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 6, 2010
in the NEBULA
hi gang,

just got a precise plus 18650 and have run into an unexpected snag. the kick does not seem to fit! it is especially perplexing because the P+ is one of the tested mods on evolv's kick webpage. the kicks i tried are pretty new, acquired from nhaler in the last month. the kick essentially fits except for the ground spring which extends just a shade too far to get the kick in the P+'s tube.

do later versions of the kick have ground springs which extend slightly further than older models?

has anyone else had this problem with a precise plus 18650?
Not sure if you have used Kick in other devices or not so I will respond from the assumption of not. I am traveling an not as available as usual (and short on time). So please forgive brevity/apparent abruptness. The ground spring needs to fit with some tension against the inside of the tube for solid ground connection. The P+ is a precision cut tube and may be the narrowest internal diameter the kick will fit. The spring retracts (to some extent) to allow for the fit of various tubes. being the first and only drop-in module, the devices vary and Evolv designed kick to fit as many as possible. So, you may have to gently use a fingernail to press the spring in (towards center of kick) to get the kick to go down inside the tube of the P+. You may have to wiggle it a bit. I completely understand hesitation at it not just dropping but I tested kick (as a prototype tester) in a P+. After you insert and remove it a couple of times, you will see it better.

Also, the P+ can be just a bit finicky with the kick. P+ has adjustments in the button throw. I'd suggest you check out the Kick thread in the SuperT subforum to see how others are using this combo (number of washers in button, etc.).

Frogster

Verified Member
Aug 4, 2012
North West UK
A Siam 18650+ Cube Mod, takes the 18650 and the Kick Module, I topped it off with a DID tank and a Siam Mod tip..... Vape Bliss!

DID.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread