ni200 OCC for kanger submini

Status
Not open for further replies.

NOVA jon

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 28, 2014
Northern virginia
I haven't tried them yet myself, I just know with the nickel builds in general, it's all about solid connections. That being said, I know that the STM is finicky to begin with and the coils in general need to be sinched down pretty good. Also, without knowing it, sometimes when you try to clean out and dry the base, the 510 pin moves a little. Try to gently press it back up into the base and keep good contact with the coil. I know mine have a slight bit of play in them!

Reactions: caferacer

jigspuge14

May 30, 2015
Have you set the temp at your desired limit, say *420. Pretty sure the DNA 40 chip in the Hana works like the VS. with the device locked, press the +&- together and hold until you see the temp settings, scroll to the temp you want to use.

Saw you already got nickel builds going!!

I've been using nickel build on my kayfun for the past 4 months at 450 but now on the OCC it doesnt work. :((

jseah

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 16, 2015
Hudson Valley, NY, USA
Set your temperature higher. On my Vaporshark rDNA40, I use an Atlantis 2 with a nickel coil. I have it set for the full 40 watts and the temperature set at 500 degrees. Temp protection doesn't kick in unless I take a really long vape of 8-10 seconds, and I never get a dry hit.

The problem you are running into is the fact that the Subtank doesn't do a very good job of wicking, so if you try vaping at higher wattages, the juice won't wick fast enough to cool down the coil so it quickly reaches your temp setting. If it wasn't for the temp protection kicking on, you would be getting a dry hit. The Atlantis coil has 4 wick holes versus 2 on the Subtank OCC. What Kanger really needs to do is to add two more wick holes to the Subtank OCC, especially if the redesigned OCC for the Subox now has vertical coils.

Reactions: NOVA jon
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread