Not open for further replies.

UncLeJunkLe

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Nov 29, 2010
    Clown World, USA
    H.R. 2339 passed the house... :(

Trump admin says they will Veto bill if passed by House/Senate, as I understand it...

20200227_185922-jpg.872037

https://www.whitehouse.gov/wp-content/uploads/2020/02/SAP_HR-2339.pdf

Opinionated

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Aug 19, 2015
    My Mountain
    Any news on HR 4742 (Nicotine tax)?

I'll be honest not exactly sure, but in watching the representatives debate on the matter before it went up for a vote it seemed at least some representatives felt they were voting on a tax as well, when they voted on 2339, but it's confusing because I'm seeing nothing in the proposed bill to indicate that, although they could have linked the two bills together in the previous days without us knowing it. (After all, they tried to add in additional legislation concerning abortion into 2339 today and failed)

So I think we shouldn't rest easy on that point as they may yet try to sneak something by us..

But from the days arguments it's possible they are both together now..

UncLeJunkLe

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Nov 29, 2010
    Clown World, USA
    So I think we shouldn't rest easy on that point as they may yet try to sneak something by us.

Not to mention, regardless of what happens with these bills or if the POTUS vetos anything, we still have FDA deeming regs not far - about 6 weeks away

• Agree
    Reactions: Opinionated

Opinionated

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Aug 19, 2015
    My Mountain
    Not to mention, regardless of what happens with these bills or if the POTUS vetos anything, we still have FDA deeming regs not far - about 6 weeks away

Yeah that's bad enough.. we don't have anything approved yet I don't think.

That's sad, seeing how lifesaving vaping can be..

Qew

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jun 5, 2012
    Michigan
    I'll be honest not exactly sure, but in watching the representatives debate on the matter before it went up for a vote it seemed at least some representatives felt they were voting on a tax as well, when they voted on 2339, but it's confusing because I'm seeing nothing in the proposed bill to indicate that, although they could have linked the two bills together in the previous days without us knowing it. (After all, they tried to add in additional legislation concerning abortion into 2339 today and failed)

So I think we shouldn't rest easy on that point as they may yet try to sneak something by us..

But from the days arguments it's possible they are both together now..
    Kristin posted yesterday in an update that they added the tax bill language into 2339. I can't find the post but I know it was here.

UncLeJunkLe

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Nov 29, 2010
    Clown World, USA
    Guess we are hoping to skate by in the marijuana market now for mods....

A lot of the larger retailers have CBD eiquid sites. I have a feeling they are going to dump all their hardware over on those sites and nicotine vapers will be buying their hardware on the CBD sites until the FDA kills that too. But they won't be selling nicotine eliquid. I could be wrong.

Reactions: Opinionated

Opinionated

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Aug 19, 2015
    My Mountain
    A lot of the larger retailers have CBD eiquid sites. I have a feeling they are going to dump all their hardware over on those sites and nicotine vapers will be buying their hardware on the CBD sites until the FDA kills that too. But they won't be selling nicotine eliquid. I could be wrong.

No they won't be able to sell nicotine e liquid, I do wonder if the FDA is regulating base though?

Unsure, it was available prior to ecigarettes, so unsure if deeming or any other recent laws passed covers base. @Rossum or @zoiDman might know..

So hard to keep track!

• Love
    Reactions: Don29palms

UncLeJunkLe

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Nov 29, 2010
    Clown World, USA
    No they won't be able to sell nicotine e liquid, I do wonder if the FDA is regulating base though?

Unsure, it was available prior to ecigarettes, so unsure if deeming or any other recent laws passed covers base. @Rossum or @zoiDman might know..

So hard to keep track!

Sorry was in a hurry when It typed that. I do know they won't be selling nicotine eliquid. But I wonder if they can get away with selling the same exact hardware we buy now, except selling it as vape gear to vape CDB eliquid.

People have told me on other forums that CBD Eliquid (not oil) vaping does not require any specialized equipment. You use the same hardware you use to vape nicotine eliquid. Those that told me this claim to have experience with it. They also claim that it is the worst way to get CBD delivery and that it's only being sold to "buck the system" when FDA regs hit.

In other words, they claim...
    Pico 75W Mello Starter Kit
    becomes
    Pico 75W CBD Eliquid Vaporizer Mello Starter kit

Booom. Legal.

Same thing, different marketing.

I have no idea if this is true or not.

Opinionated

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Aug 19, 2015
    My Mountain
    Sorry was in a hurry when It typed that. I do know they won't be selling nicotine eliquid. But I wonder if they can get away with selling the same exact hardware we buy now, except selling it as vape gear to vape CDB eliquid.

People have told me on other forums that CBD Eliquid (not oil) vaping does not require any specialized equipment. You use the same hardware you use to vape nicotine eliquid. Those that told me this claim to have experience with it. They also claim that it is the worst way to get CBD delivery and that it's only being sold to "buck the system" when FDA regs hit.

In other words, they claim...
    Pico 75W Mello Starter Kit
    becomes
    Pico 75W CBD Eliquid Vaporizer Mello Starter kit

Booom. Legal.

Same thing, different marketing.

I have no idea if this is true or not.

I think its true, although I have seen they have made tanks into water bongs..(totally weird).

But they could certainly sell us our mods and tanks if they so desire.... of course the profit to them would need to exist, and for that to occur enough people would have to know exactly what they need for what they want to do with it..

But I definitely see the topside dual carbon doing swimmingly as a CBD squonker... lol

UncLeJunkLe

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Nov 29, 2010
    Clown World, USA
    But they could certainly sell us our mods and tanks if they so desire.... of course the profit to them would need to exist, and for that to occur enough people would have to know exactly what they need for what they want to do with it..

They will be the same retailers that sell us our mods and tanks an coils now. Just under a different name with different marketing. Some of them already have separate CBD sites but mostly only sell CBD consumables...for now.

My only question is, is this really going to fly with the FDA and if so for how long?

I mean, if you are selling XYZ Killer 100W mod and the FDA deems that mod as "tobacco", will this really work even though you are selling it as a CBD eliquid vaping mod? Is it not still a "tobacco product". Same goes with states' laws on tobacco products.

Last edited:

Opinionated

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Aug 19, 2015
    My Mountain
    They will be the same retailers that sell us our mods and tanks an coils now. Just under a different name with different marketing. Some of them already have separate CBD sites but mostly only sell CBD consumables...for now.

My only question is, is this really going to fly with the FDA and if so for how long?

I mean, if you are selling XYZ Killer 100W mod and the FDA deems that mod as "tobacco", will this really work even though you are selling it as a CBD eliquid vaping mod? Is it not still a "tobacco product". Same goes with states' laws on tobacco products.

Deeming regulations address both open and closed systems, so I'm not sure...

UncLeJunkLe

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Nov 29, 2010
    Clown World, USA
    Yeah that's possible...

This way, Bloomberg and his cronies will have first dibs on investing in manufacturing of the only or one of few products/devices that will be FDA approved.

This is truly what it's all about.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread