Status
Not open for further replies.

madstabber

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 20, 2013
Concoction Creating Cave
Nothing is Certain until there is a Floor Vote. But the Number of Cosponsors is usually a Good Benchmark of passage.

So when you look at something like HR 4742, it Doesn't look like it has gained a lot of Traction with the Rank and File.

Cosponsors - H.R.4742 - 116th Congress (2019-2020): Protecting American Lungs Act of 2019

Not saying this Can't pass the House. But usually a Bill that Passes will have more Cosponsors.

Then you look at something like HR 2339 and SB 3174...

Cosponsors - H.R.2339 - 116th Congress (2019-2020): Reversing the Youth Tobacco Epidemic Act of 2019

Cosponsors - S.3174 - 116th Congress (2019-2020): Reversing the Youth Tobacco Epidemic Act of 2020

These are Scary to say the Least.
Christ man, just add the “what about the children” B.S. and everyone is on board.

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
Christ man, just add the “what about the children” B.S. and everyone is on board.

The "Save the Children" drum beat was Bad enough. But what I think really got Everyone On Board was the CDC/Media Smear Campaign over the "vape' Illness.

I Didn't Matter that Nicotine e-Cigarettes were Not the Problem. Just chuck everything in a Piss Pot and throw it ALL out the window.

UncLeJunkLe

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Nov 29, 2010
    Clown World, USA
    The "Save the Children" drum beat was Bad enough. But what I think really got Everyone On Board was the CDC/Media Smear Campaign over the "vape' Illness.

I Didn't Matter that Nicotine e-Cigarettes were Not the Problem. Just chuck everything in a Piss Pot and throw it ALL out the window.

IIRC they actually were blaming "e-cigarettes" aka "nicotine vape" before they even started talking about THC oil vaping even remotely being the culprit. But by that time, the damage was done and people already probably grew tired of the "story". So in their minds, e-cigs were the problem and probably still think that.

And IMHO, this was not a mishap. It was calculated.

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Apr 16, 2010
    So-Cal

And IMHO, this was not a mishap. It was calculated.

Winner-Winner.png

The entire "Vape" Illness stuff was Too Good to be True for those who see e-Cigarettes as a Threat to Tax Revenues, MSA Payments, BT Profits. And the Perfect Vehicle for Emotional Political Grandstanding.

1st Rule of Bar Room Brawling: Never Pass Up an Opportunity to take a Cheap Shot at Your Opponent.
    2nd Rule of Bar Room Brawling: The Cheaper the Better.

catilley1092

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Nov 3, 2013
    North Carolina, USA
    In addition to signing the Call to Action list (received a generic reply at 5AM!), purchased another liter of my favorite 100mg nic, plus a couple 4oz bottles of favorite DIY flavors. Will order a gallon of VG later today on eBay.:)

This will give me two sealed 100mg nic in the liter size, am still on the first ordered well over two years ago, may be close to three!:D

How long does this stuff keep unfrozen & sealed? The last I ordered was around a year ago.

River Supply Co (former Nicotine River) is a reputable supplier, many brands of DIY mixing flavors & other supplies. Only thing is their VG is 4x the price I can get it for on eBay & free shipping. Don't know why River Supply Co charges so much for VG (maybe it's the shipping charge, last time I checked was over a year ago).

PurNic™ E-Liquid Nicotine

Cat

catilley1092

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Nov 3, 2013
    North Carolina, USA
    I don't understand why the government doesn't come clean & admit they're in debt due to (projected) income in taxes via smokers. Many now former, rather than all of this grandstanding that's been taking place ever since I've been vaping beginning in Oct 2013.

It's the truth, government has spent (probably 10 years in advance) projected tobacco taxes, created cushy jobs for friends, returned favors, now the cash isn't there.

This is all a bunch of bulls**t, it's all about the taxes....not the children.:-x

Has the 'Drug War' helped? No, it's still ongoing & if the US had that cash today wouldn't have to be chasing down BS laws such as this. Plus many States has enacted laws allowing one type (medically or full blown recreational). Prohibition has been a 100% failure, they've also tried it with alcohol, people still had access. Who won initially? The Kennedys! They were moonshiners before becoming politicians.:D

I was able to both obtain cigarettes & beer beginning at the age of around 13 & nothing's changed today. Other than an extra step is required. I have a younger sister (40 years old), all but one of her children smokes, the other vapes & has more gear than myself (I had to get him straight on battery selection!). They'll get what they want & so will we regardless of all of this, only we're all going to pay the price........that is of the lost tobacco revenues.

Government should had cut their spending when tobacco sales initially lowered. What they don't also say is how much they've saved on Medicare, Medicaid & VA due to former smokers having turned to vaping & I can damn well wager it's a wad of cash. Even the American Cancer Society has (finally) agreed lung cancer rates/deaths in former smokers who turned to vaping has dropped. The proof is in front of their eyes! It costs a fortune to treat a single lung cancer patient, imagine millions of lives saved!:thumbs:

While we likely won't be able to stop the inevitable, by standing as one, we can get them to keep kicking the can down the road, as they have been doing with many other issues. Notably, doing nothing meaningful about the Social Security & Medicare shortfall, Baby Boomers are retiring at all time highs & it's been ignored over BS like this for 40+ years.

We can save vaping in the short to midterm(+) future thereof, by more of us speaking out. This is an election year, those in office don't want to piss off those who voted them in.:danger:

Lastly, should this pass (or not), I hope a sticky will be created before this election showing who voted for and against this crap. After all, it's public record, not classified information. This will be important for CASSA to have, knowing who's with us & who's not. They cannot hide!:thumbs:

Cat

madstabber

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jan 20, 2013
    Concoction Creating Cave
    There’s no chance
    In addition to signing the Call to Action list (received a generic reply at 5AM!), purchased another liter of my favorite 100mg nic, plus a couple 4oz bottles of favorite DIY flavors. Will order a gallon of VG later today on eBay.:)

This will give me two sealed 100mg nic in the liter size, am still on the first ordered well over two years ago, may be close to three!:D

How long does this stuff keep unfrozen & sealed? The last I ordered was around a year ago.

River Supply Co (former Nicotine River) is a reputable supplier, many brands of DIY mixing flavors & other supplies. Only thing is their VG is 4x the price I can get it for on eBay & free shipping. Don't know why River Supply Co charges so much for VG (maybe it's the shipping charge, last time I checked was over a year ago).

PurNic™ E-Liquid Nicotine

Cat
    your nicotine base will not freeze and it keeps for years in the freezer. I was worried it would freeze when I started stocking up but it won’t.

catilley1092

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Nov 3, 2013
    North Carolina, USA
    There’s no chance

your nicotine base will not freeze and it keeps for years in the freezer. I was worried it would freeze when I started stocking up but it won’t.

Even in a plastic jug? No danger of bursting? My first & still am on, ordered from MFS in Charlotte NC, is in a glass bottle.

Thanks to the reply of my question above!:)

Cat

madstabber

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jan 20, 2013
    Concoction Creating Cave
    Even in a plastic jug? No danger of bursting? My first & still am on, ordered from MFS in Charlotte NC, is in a glass bottle.

Cat
    pg/vg/&nicotiine will not freeze, depending on the % of vg it will be extremely thick and will need to be brought down closer to room temperature when ready to use. Mine is 50/50 and I had it out of the freezer for about an hour and it was still thick and slow as molasses to pour. That was a liter worth but yea it won’t freeze and bust your glass bottle. I asked the same thing, it’s either they don’t freeze at freezer temps or it just won’t freeze no matter the temp. Not sure which it was but no worries.

BigPappa

Ultra Member
    Sep 21, 2019
    Fort Myers, FL
    I keep my working bottle at room temp for 14 months and it still tastes fine (I vape unflavored), it turns a little yellow but it is still good. But all of my other nic is sealed in glass bottles in the freezer.

Uncle Willie

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    May 27, 2011
    Meet Me in St Louie Louie

I've got about 12,000 ML / 12 Liters of 100MG in my stash .. the oldest is about 8 years .. I use the oldest first when I take some out .. it's still perfect as the day I decanted it into 250 ML glass bottles 8 years ago .. wrapped in tinfoil, like my head, then wrapped in old (clean) socks and other fabric .. kept in freezer since decanting ..

Mixed some just last week .. :) .. and, did not grow any extra body appendages (yet) ..

englishmick

Vaping Master
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Sep 25, 2014
    Naptown, Indiana

Cat

PG and VG don't expand or contract much between room temp and freezer temp. Not enough to burst regular Boston Round bottles.

The reason bottles of water burst is that water expands when it freezes. I believe it's the only liquid which does that. All other liquids contract when they freeze. In any case neither VG nor PG get cold enough to freeze at regular freezer temps.

JCinFLA

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Oct 21, 2015
    Mixed some just last week .. :) .. and, did not grow any extra body appendages (yet) ..

Yeah, but that last word there is the kicker. :D
    Who knows though? Even if you don't grow any "extra" body appendages, who's to say what it might do to existing ones. Could be beneficial.....or....not...:lol:

G and C

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jun 3, 2014
    California

Cat

I'm going to recommend that you take it out of the plastic jug and put it in something glass. If it's a liter of nic, get a liter sized (32oz has worked perfectly for me) Boston round on Amazon for $6-7 and be safer.

That being said, no, it will not burst, because it does not expand when freezing. If my measurements are correct, mine has actually contracted the slightest bit. Or... I'm just bad at measuring stuff.

5 years into my original nic purchase from MFS, all in glass and in the freezer, and the stuff comes out as colorless as it went in. It's a beautiful thing seeing as how I have about 50 years of supply in my freezer now.

blb078

Unregistered Supplier
    ECF Veteran
    Dec 23, 2013
    United States
    www.thevapemall.com
    Does this, if passed, still have to go thru the Senate and also get POTUS to sign off on .. ??
    Yes and if the Senate makes any changes then it has to go back to the house again. If it does pass it would be a good idea for every one to flood Trumps' Twitter page requesting him not to sign it or better yet requesting McConnell to not even bring it up. Talk about small businesses going out of business and workers with out jobs and vapers also being voters. It worked in Sept when that flavor ban was brought up and he does read his twitter account often so the more it shows up the more likely he will read it.

NCC

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jan 14, 2010
    Fla Panhandle, USA
    Right after you do that, contact your congressmen ;)
    Vaping Prohibition is On the Table in Congress!
    If you haven't already.

I don't want to turn this into a stocking up thread, however, iirc you are unemployed right now?

If so Heartlandvapes.com has 1 liters of 100ml nic (house brand) for $44.99. if you can swing it, buy 4 and the price is $42.99/liter. Then use coupon code vapemag for another 5% off. That comes to $40.84/liter, free shipping on order over $50. That coupon is only good once per account so use it wisely.

Not as good a deal as when they have the $10 off per liter sales, but they just had one so not sure when the next one would be. Maybe St. Patty's Day, but no guarantees.
    I think that's where I'm going to get mine. But, if every dollar counts, theirs is cheaper by the gallon than buying four liters. I have about 1.5 liters in hand. I figure the addition of a gallon would pretty much set me up for life, especially since I've reduced my levels a lot and I'm an old fart.
    If I live long enough to exhaust 5+ liters of 100mg, I'll get over it, LOL.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread