Nic storage in original bottle

Status
Not open for further replies.

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2010
Central GA
Would it be ok to store 1-liter bottles of nic in the original bottles in the freezer from My Freedom Smokes?

I use MFS nic. I split it up into 240ml glass bottles (4 to the liter), put the bottles into freezer bags, and store it in the freezer. If you store it in the original bottles I'd recommend buying some heavy duty freezer grade zip lock bags to put the bottles in just in case one of the bottles cracks. Glass is better and there's no plastic to interact with the liquid over time.

The article below says that plastic isn't recommended for long term storage.

How to Store E-Liquid: Tips for A Zombie Apocalypse

Does anything change when it comes to long-term storage? Can you keep e-liquid in the fridge or freezer?

The same basic rules apply, but storing your e-liquid long-term does bring with it some potential issues. Firstly, while plastic bottles are absolutely fine for shorter-term storage, they aren’t the ideal solution over the long-term (more than a couple of months): you should use glass bottles instead, at least until they are banned by the EU next year.

This is because the plastic can interact with the e-liquid, and – as explained a moment ago with reference to heat – any chemical changes will alter how your juice tastes. Additionally, although plastics prevent most things from passing through them, some air can get through (in fancier language, they’re “permeable” to some gases), and since air degrades e-liquid, this isn’t a good thing.

How much air can get through depends on the type of plastic – generally speaking, higher-quality plastics are less permeable to air – but glass is a way better approach for both removing the air permeability and minimizing any interactions with the container.

Tig7

Aug 29, 2019
Blue Ridge Mtns.
I use MFS nic. I split it up into 240ml glass bottles (4 to the liter), put the bottles into freezer bags, and store it in the freezer. If you store it in the original bottles I'd recommend buying some heavy duty freezer grade zip lock bags to put the bottles in just in case one of the bottles cracks. Glass is better and there's no plastic to interact with the liquid over time.

The article below says that plastic isn't recommended for long term storage.

How to Store E-Liquid: Tips for A Zombie Apocalypse
I've been researching and I'll be safer to break it down into 240 ml bottles with cone caps so I'll be looking around for the best price. I probably should have researched first before posting. I'm just wanting to stock up with several liters because who knows it might become unavailable at any time. Thanks for your reply.

JCinFLA

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 21, 2015
I've been researching and I'll be safer to break it down into 240 ml bottles with cone caps so I'll be looking around for the best price.

GlassBottleOutlet.com carries many sizes of the Boston Round Glass bottles that a bunch of us have used for breaking down our nic base for freezer storage. They also sell many sizes of the phenolic caps with the polycone liner inside.

I've compared prices with 3-4 other vendors that people sometimes recommend, and GBO usually always has the best total price (bottle & cap price + S/H cost). People see Free S/H at some places, but don't notice that the total price they'll be paying per bottle...works out to actually be higher. So, "Free S/H" wasn't really free. ;)

Tig7

Aug 29, 2019
Blue Ridge Mtns.
GlassBottleOutlet.com carries many sizes of the Boston Round Glass bottles that a bunch of us have used for breaking down our nic base for freezer storage. They also sell many sizes of the phenolic caps with the polycone liner inside.

I've compared prices with 3-4 other vendors that people sometimes recommend, and GBO usually always has the best total price (bottle & cap price + S/H cost). People see Free S/H at some places, but don't notice that the total price they'll be paying per bottle...works out to actually be higher. So, "Free S/H" wasn't really free. ;)
Thanks just ordered 8 bottles plus 3 caps to replace different style caps I had on 3 other bottles. I should be set up now to freeze 3 liters. That should last me a good number of years. :)

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal

I would Recommend Glass Bottle Outlet also.

(6 Pack) 8 oz. Amber Boston Round with Black Poly Cone Cap 817130020187 | eBay

GBO GLASSBOTTLEOUTLET.COM (Pack of 12) 4 oz. Cobalt Blue Boston Round with Bl... | eBay

Note: 1oz is Approximately 30ml

Tig7

Aug 29, 2019
Blue Ridge Mtns.
I ordered from GBO, It's been a couple of years since I vaped, went back to smoking because I tried to cut down on nic too fast and screwed up. So I'm kinda out of the loop on supplies. But I have things covered now. Right now I'm going through nic like it's free, but it'll slow down with time I'm in no hurry. It is what it is. I think VG & PG & flavor concentrate will continue to be around but nic might not or it might who knows so I've decided to stock up with as much as I can afford.

sofarsogood

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 12, 2014
When I buy a liter of nic from MFS I include a 1 liter amber glass bottle if it's going to long term storage. The glass bottle is labeled with vendor, nic strength, the word nicotine and the invoice date. The bottle goes into a zip lock bag, wrapped in bubble wrap, then into another zip lock bag. When the bottle comes out of long term storage the contents are emptied into 2 250 ml bottles for mixing. Then each of those bottles is stored wrapped in bubble wrap and put in a zip lock bag. My nic fits on freezer door shelves. The one liter bottles are stored upright, the 250 ml bottles are stored lying sideways. After 4 1/2 years the oldest nic looks perfect and vapes fine.

Reactions: stols001
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread