Nicoticket and DNA40 Temperature Protection

Status
Not open for further replies.

WeirdWillie

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 4, 2014
Houston, Texas
I've had DNA40 for a while now and really love the temperature protection and have been playing around with different temperature settings with my Nicoticket juices, now before anybody starts in yes I know that taste is subjective, and different people like different things, but I've found at least for me temp settings that really make my juices come alive, so I desided to start a thread for optimum temperture settings to get the best flavor out of your Nicoticket juices.
Here is some of my findings.

• Wakonda 420° really bring out the coffee flavor up front with a nice tobacco follow up at the end.

• Strawnilla 400° Strawberry cream up front with nice smooth vanilla cream ending

• Frenilla I find 400° to 430° to be the sweet spot Frenilla is so complex and truely takes on a life of it's one as it matures even day to day so it's hard to find a setting that works better than another because they are all sooooo damn good.

• CLS 420° creamy custard start to finish.

• Virus 400° can't really put my finger on it but to me seems to pop at 400° with a nice jucy flavor cloud.

Not being offered at this time

• Cheesecake 400° is like vaping a fresh made New York cheesecake ....we need a short run I'm down to about 75ml

• PBC 400° is mouth watering at 420°- 430° I start getting a hint of vanilla pipe tobacco ending verry nice. Again another short run is needed

Keep in mind that all of these I have tested here have steeped at least 60 days some were 90+ days
and tested using a Lemo for tank and Magma for a dripper, wattage is a mute point on a DNA40 and just there to preheat the coil and maintain temp set point, but if you are curious I generally keep mine set around 30 watts and run 0.16 to 0.2ish single nontwisted work hardened spaced coils, and shiseido japanese cotton.

Iet's hear from you other DNA40 Nicoticket nutts on your sweetspots.

PhilsPhanatic

Verified Member
Oct 8, 2014
Southampton, PA
OMG!! Thank you so much for this post, I have been trying to do the same thing with my DNA40 and stash of Nicoticket but have been fiddling more with finding a consistent build for it then anything else. I also have a lemo and the Erlkonigin clone. So far I think that the flavors pop more on the Erl and the light weight is awesome, but the Lemo is pretty fantastic as well. I'm going to go load up some PBC at 400!

LynnNC

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 1, 2014
NC
ACB in a eXpromizer holding a twisted 30ga NI200 – 8 wraps on a fine thread screw (spaced) 0.15 ohms @ 25.9 watts and 440 degree’s. It’s damn near orgasmic!

Marc, one of these days I hope you can explain to me exactly what it is you just typed....except dumb it down a bit when you do! 8-o

mitro

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 6, 2013
IL
I'm still working on finding a build that I'm satisfied with. Nothing quite hitting 100%. I have dual 30ga coils in my Marquis dripper @ 27w and 420°. I'd have Kanthal closer to 40w, but maybe that's just too high. I dunno... it's a big guessing game right now. I need a lot more builds under my belt. :)

Edit: I'm now vaping the setup above @ 40w/410° and not hitting TP (when well juiced). Go figure. Just inconsistent.

The nickel Nautilus coils are doing fairly well, I just wish I had an idea of a "safe" max temp for the wicking in them.

Last edited:

scratchtheweasel

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 27, 2014
Pocono PA
Cool write up - thanks for taking the time to do the beta work WW.

I loved the idea of the DNA 40 and temp limiting when it was first announced, but I've since backed off on it a bit. I went with an SX Mini for a new mod instead of a DNA 40 powered box. I wasn't crazy about any of the DNA 40 mods (Vaporshark, Hana, Flask, etc), and having to tinker with new builds using nickel wire just didn't sound fun. I am loving the SX Mini, but still have a DNA 40 on my wishlist for some future completely unjustified vape purchase.

onefastvette

Verified Member
Jul 4, 2014
Cleveland, OH, USA
I'm still working on finding a build that I'm satisfied with. Nothing quite hitting 100%. I have dual 30ga coils in my Marquis dripper @ 27w and 420°. I'd have Kanthal closer to 40w, but maybe that's just too high. I dunno... it's a big guessing game right now. I need a lot more builds under my belt. :)

Edit: I'm now vaping the setup above @ 40w/410° and not hitting TP (when well juiced). Go figure. Just inconsistent.

The nickel Nautilus coils are doing fairly well, I just wish I had an idea of a "safe" max temp for the wicking in them.

How are you liking the Marquis? I have had my eye on this for a bit and can't seem to get myself to pull the trigger on it. It looks amazing.

From the FB group that I belong to, seems like people are vaping the VS Nickel Nautilus coils right around 500-510 with good results. I am not sure that this amounts to a "safe" temperature, but one that those who have the coils seem to hover around. Sadly, I have 2 boxes of the coils and some of the Kanger ones, but no device right now, lol. :)

Ron

mitro

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 6, 2013
IL
How are you liking the Marquis? I have had my eye on this for a bit and can't seem to get myself to pull the trigger on it. It looks amazing.

I had a hard time justifying the purchase myself. I just knew I had to get it, even if the price tag was way beyond what I would usually spend. The design just really appealed to me (airflow behind coil, small chamber, solid connections, building rods for easily aligning the coils). I don't want to over-hype it, so I'll just say that its REALLY good and wish I was rich so I could buy a couple more. :)

I've only done 3 builds in it. I've had this current nickel one since about day two.

Dual chimney 30ga ni200 @ 0.12ohms (Sig 100w only being used as a build stand :p)
2b2e7afd61a271701b66046f45502f48.jpg

From the FB group that I belong to, seems like people are vaping the VS Nickel Nautilus coils right around 500-510 with good results. I am not sure that this amounts to a "safe" temperature, but one that those who have the coils seem to hover around. Sadly, I have 2 boxes of the coils and some of the Kanger ones, but no device right now, lol. :)

Ron
Thanks for the info, Ron. What FB group is that? I've had it at 450-460, but its just a little light on the vapor. I just wish we knew more about that ceramic wicking material.

onefastvette

Verified Member
Jul 4, 2014
Cleveland, OH, USA
I had a hard time justifying the purchase myself. I just knew I had to get it, even if the price tag was way beyond what I would usually spend. The design just really appealed to me (airflow behind coil, small chamber, solid connections, building rods for easily aligning the coils). I don't want to over-hype it, so I'll just say that its REALLY good and wish I was rich so I could buy a couple more. :)

Thanks for the info, Ron. What FB group is that? I've had it at 450-460, but its just a little light on the vapor. I just wish we knew more about that ceramic wicking material.

You're KILLING me. :) The build looks really nice. I may just have to bite the bullet and get this thing as I really like it for all of the reasons that you mentioned above. The little features in this thing really add up, and everybody has been raving about the flavor out of it.

The FB group is called "DNA-TP User Group" on FB. There are several mod makers on there and a lot of people learning about the nuances of the nickel builds with the DNA40.

Thanks for your insight!

Ron

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread