Nicoticket returning?

Status
Not open for further replies.

navigator2011

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 6, 2013
Fullerton, CA, USA
... I'm not going to beat a guy up for making contradictory statements/pouring out eliquid, vowing to get rid of the business, promising recipes that were never delivered, and etc. That's kind of what grief looks like. It's a bummer for sure, but I hope this guy makes a complete recovery, including wearing personal protective equipment and a clean lab room rather than sneezing into his creations, for example. I really hope so for his sake, that had to be a devastating event especially if his mom was the "front" of his business as it were. ...

You know what? I agree with what you're saying. I really do hope everything works out for him and for NT. I didn't like that he posted dumping A LOT of juice in the garbage when so many were in desperate need, but I wish him no ill will--only success. But still, I'm not so sure I'll be buying.

I don't remember if it was $15,000 or 15,000 bottles, but it was a fat lot of juice that could have been donated to vapers in need. Just my opinion, I suppose ...

Burnie

The Bug Man
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 1, 2009
Sunny Florida
You know what? I agree with what you're saying. I really do hope everything works out for him and for NT. I didn't like that he posted dumping A LOT of juice in the garbage when so many were in desperate need, but I wish him no ill will--only success. But still, I'm not so sure I'll be buying.

I don't remember if it was $15,000 or 15,000 bottles, but it was a fat lot of juice that could have been donated to vapers in need. Just my opinion, I suppose ...
Just for those that don't know, here is what was said (I looked it up)

Lots of questions about recipes and where they will go. Here is my commitment to you - help me liquidate this inventory -- spread the word to everyone and help me sell out this inventory. IF (and only if) we manage to liquidate the inventory, I promise to post recipes in a public forum for the DIY community.
With this statement, he gave everyone hope that he would give out his recipes, but he knew it would not happen. NO liquidation sale sells EVERYTHING in stock, and he knew that it would not happen. It was a ploy to get everyone buying all they could afford to buy, with the HOPE he would release them, which he never intended to do in the first place, IMHO

"I just want to be done with it.
With regard to the recipes, the deal was IF I cleared out ALL my inventory THEN I would post *some* of my recipes. We fell waaaay short - I put 15000 bottles in a dumpster... /sigh I'll probably post some recipes anyway - still haven't decided."
Like I said, he KNEW all the inventory would not sell, it NEVER does in a liquidation sale. Yes he had Decided, he never intended to give out his recipes in the first place. My comments are all JMHO

Take what was said, and do what you want, but I personally will not buy any more e-liquid from him.

Vchick

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 18, 2010
NE Ohio
When I went back and looked up some old posts he did post this back on 11/20/16:

"The plan is to create a DIY community and preserve our legacy bro. I want to give the recipes back to the people whom have been so instrumental to the total transformation of my life. The time is right for change for me -- I really want to use the degree I earned and go back to counseling. I miss helping people in that regard -- I'd do it for free."

On fb said posted up a recipe for Got cookie on ecf around 12/2016, but nothing to be found.

I find this all sad & disturbing. Having a degree in counseling, talking in riddles, posting up employment positions. I suppose it's good that he's talking out loud...

empteeteacup

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 9, 2015
Tampa, FL
Ya'll need to calm the eff down and stop stop hating on him. He was nothing but helpful to me when I first started using Nicoticket, and he genuinely wants to be part of the community. If you've never had a relative or someone you're close to be ill or die suddenly, you don't know how much that crap tears you up inside and messes with your head. As for production, i
I'd like to know exactly how many of the juice vendors out there have completely sterile labs and produce in immaculately clean conditions. I'm betting not many, especially the budget ones who rent out warehouse space for a month or whatever to produce their juice, or just do it in their homes. Also, didn't we all freak out when the FDA released the regs? Like, "It's the end of the world" type scenarios? I personally don't blame him for cutting his losses and closing up shop. Having a small business is extremely time consuming and expensive, even when the government isn't breathing down your neck.

Jesus. Maybe get back to the original discussion, and keep hateful comments to yourself? If you don't like it, vote with your dollar, don't buy it, and move on with your lives.

Last edited:

Just Me

ECF Veteran
Mar 4, 2010
Ya'll need to calm the eff down and stop stop hating on him. He was nothing but helpful to me when I first started using Nicoticket, and he genuinely wants to be part of the community. If you've never had a relative or someone you're close to be ill or die suddenly, you don't know how much that crap tears you up inside and messes with your head. As for production, i
I'd like to know exactly how many of the juice vendors out there have completely sterile labs and produce in immaculately clean conditions. I'm betting not many, especially the budget ones who rent out warehouse space for a month or whatever to produce their juice, or just do it in their homes. Also, didn't we all freak out when the FDA released the regs? Like, "It's the end of the world" type scenarios? I personally don't blame him for cutting his losses and closing up shop. Having a small business is extremely time consuming and expensive, even when the government isn't breathing down your neck.

Jesus. Maybe get back to the original discussion, and keep hateful comments to yourself? If you don't like it, vote with your dollar, don't buy it, and move on with your lives.

@empteeteacup, I don't have a dog in this fight, because I've never bought nor tried any of his eliquid. However, most of the people here, including me, seem to notice "red flags" in his business model and personal impression. I don't think there is "hating" going on, since most people seemed to love his products. It's just the shifty way things are turning out that makes people leery. And I would be one of those people if I had been a previous fan.

But, of course, everyone is entitled to his/her own opinion.

Skeebo

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
May 31, 2014

Trust me, he'll never get over the passing of his mom, eighteen years later I still think of mine almost everyday, as well as my son I lost in 2008. Nobody here is "hating" on him for that. The 2014 and 2015 forum awards fiasco occurred long before his loss. Nicoticket's practice of slanting the results were pretty obvious and is the primary reason it's no longer held. His supporters were pretty vocal then, and it helped ruin a great way for many new people to see what juice, in particular categories (ie flavor, NET, etc..), were liked by others. As far as Nicoticket was concerned they were tops in all categories.

You have to understand, on a public forum, while his supporters of his practices have their voice, his detractors have the same.

If there is one thing I have learned in my four years of vaping is that my favorite juice is not the greatest in the world, and I should not push it on you all like it is. What I like might be despised by everyone here. In Nicoticket's case and business model taste was not subjective.

As a person, I hope he gets it together.

Ladiekali

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 1, 2013
Florida
I've never vaped this juice, but the guy sounds a bit like a creative genius who needs someone to help him work his magic. I know they never say never, but I'm hoping that if he gets a business manager to help him stay focused, he might do better.

If I ever did try this juice, it would be LONG after he was back up and running, and any kinks were worked out. Creative geniuses often aren't the best at promoting themselves, keeping things clean and/or together, and since it sounds like his mom was helping him quite a bit, it's unsurprising that things looked bleak for a while. I really hope he finds the right person to get up and running again.

I'm not going to beat a guy up for making contradictory statements/pouring out eliquid, vowing to get rid of the business, promising recipes that were never delivered, and etc. That's kind of what grief looks like. It's a bummer for sure, but I hope this guy makes a complete recovery, including wearing personal protective equipment and a clean lab room rather than sneezing into his creations, for example. I really hope so for his sake, that had to be a devastating event especially if his mom was the "front" of his business as it were. He really needs someone to structure him, it kinda looks like.

Creative geniuses are kind of like that, sometimes. He probably needs a really super understanding but structured WIFE, to be honest....

Anna

Just for those that don't know, here is what was said (I looked it up)

With this statement, he gave everyone hope that he would give out his recipes, but he knew it would not happen. NO liquidation sale sells EVERYTHING in stock, and he knew that it would not happen. It was a ploy to get everyone buying all they could afford to buy, with the HOPE he would release them, which he never intended to do in the first place, IMHO

Like I said, he KNEW all the inventory would not sell, it NEVER does in a liquidation sale. Yes he had Decided, he never intended to give out his recipes in the first place. My comments are all JMHO

Take what was said, and do what you want, but I personally will not buy any more e-liquid from him.

there is something wrong with the guy. I've been on his fb group forever it seems..... almost weekly at one time, promises of either recipes or juice release.

His clean room is a closet with juice in home depot buckets.. posted on his facebook. he claims the buckets are sanitized, but why?? why not use the white food grade buckets sold at Home depot? I have seen no evidence of a clean room, or even a clean kitchen.

i remember he made a post here titled something like nicoticket recipes.. and it was for food.. i found that to be mean and an attempt to have control.

i believe it to be a control issue. Likes the glamour he probably feels he has a celebrity status as he still posts winning the best juice across the board on ecf.

he made lots of empty promises and liked to say things to make you like him. he promised me humming bird was coming back out soon (my favorite nicoticket flavor) that was in 2015 i think. occasionally i would message him and ask if that flavor is dead and he'd reply it's going to be rereleased next month... it's now 2018.

as far as him being a counselor.. one it doesn't take much to be a counselor. Two.. just because you read it on the internet doesn't make it true.

I have found that watching him comment online via fb he is very unstable mentally and i find it hard to believe he was a counselor. Some ramblings are incoherent, drunk? mental crisis? i'm not sure.

Also can some one tell him to put a shirt on in his profile pic on fb... very unprofessional for a so called professional.

with all that said, the guy had a good thing. juice was good. I still have a lot of flavors as most were 50/50 and i've moved on to high vg. He tried to make every one feel special.. like a close friend.

my image that he has left me with...
some fat hairy shirtless old dude, mixing juice in a pantry closet. Occasionally picking his nose while sipping on a can of natural ice beer.

that is not the image i had of him back in say 2016. Very sad to watch him go down hill.
maybe he will get his act together.

but he has surely reminded me... people can say they are anything and we believe it.

MattyRetro

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 6, 2014
Acton, Maine, United States
Also if he cared about his loyal customers, he could have thrown a couple of free bottles in each order that was placed instead of the dumpster... just saying. :nah:

It was mostly 18mg juice. He couldn’t do much with it in today’s environment of 0,3,6mg

JoAnnW

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 19, 2012
B'more MD
It was mostly 18mg juice. He couldn’t do much with it in today’s environment of 0,3,6mg

Whatever the nic level, it would have been better than just throwing it away. I currently vape 12mg and occasionally 6.

Back then, I mixed the 18mg juice that used to be included free with my order, with some 12mg... half and half. There have been days that I needed a little more nic.

It was also a great way to stretch what I had if the same flavor. :)

uab9253

ECF Veteran
Jun 27, 2014
Salisbury MD
I usually bought 18mg juice from him and still have a decent stash of Virus and Radioactive. I bought as much as I could during the liquidation. I vape higher nic because I try to use it more like an actual cigarette, and get a quick hit and back to work.
I have moved down to 12mg for home but at 3 or 6 I think I would just chain vape.
I did like his flavors - I was most a tobacco flavor guy (Johnson Creek Domestic) but loved his Grandma's Cinnamon Danish and Frenilla. Hopefully he comes back in a solid, stable, legit way. I'd be tickled.

Jingles

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 18, 2011
Ohio
I read a facebook post shortly after he was released from the hospital late last year. He said he was back on Marlboro Reds. Whatever! I just don't understand if one is committed to the vaping industry and personally made all this great juice how one ends up back smoking? Wouldn't you have saved a few ot those 15,000 bottles for personal use? I seriously don't understand, but then again I am not living his life.

ZCAR1

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 22, 2014
San Antonio, TX, USA
Vchick

I'd give you my exact recipe for OR3O, or Got Cookie, or - yea - but the vanilla I used utilized vanilla I made - you can't buy it. You can try this though, it will vape similar...

Cappella Double Chocolate 6%
Cappella Vanilla Custard v1 or v2 to preference, 4%
Cappella Peppermint .25%

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
Um... there is a saying out there that you don't know if you've quit, until someone you love dies. Perhaps that applies here?

I'm not going to judge ANYONE for returning to smoking under stress.

In this little space of time vaping, I have discovered I am a STRESS smoker, most of all. They're the urges I have the hardest time dealing with.

Hopefully this gentleman will return to a business model that works, and vaping.

Anna

Skeebo

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
May 31, 2014
Um... there is a saying out there that you don't know if you've quit, until someone you love dies. Perhaps that applies here?

I'm not going to judge ANYONE for returning to smoking under stress.

In this little space of time vaping, I have discovered I am a STRESS smoker, most of all. They're the urges I have the hardest time dealing with.

Hopefully this gentleman will return to a business model that works, and vaping.

Anna

I totally agree. Having gone through numerous health issues as of late myself, it's the nausea that has been my bane. I don't know why, but for me-- a cigarette takes those gut turning episodes away. I hate that I revert back to it, but it's the only thing that works.

I hope he gets it together, but since his business is in the vape community-- I think he should rethink just how out in the open he is being. I can appreciate his honesty, but it doesn't always make for good business-- especially if things are not "right".

I know his customers are thrilled at a possible return. I just think he has hurt these opportunities more than anything else. I do wish him well.

I'll bow out of this thread simply because I do not agree with what's been going on with the whole picture. I know it's been tough for him; he does not need to be beat down any further by us--life's already doing that to him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread