Status
Not open for further replies.

e-pipeman

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 16, 2008
Brown Edge, England
Sorry - the link won't paste. In brief there is some evidence to suggest that nicotine can help prevent post-operative hurling (ponv). I'm interested as I'm having a knee op under a general anaesthetic and want to avoid chucking up into the cardboard hat if possible.

Last edited:

e-pipeman

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 16, 2008
Brown Edge, England
Hi Expipe, I had surgery earlier this month and vaped right up until they took me to the operating room, all went well. I just drew the curtain in my little holding covey till they wheeled me away. No worries for you and get better fastttt.

That's good to know, Katy. I hope you're recovering in a speedy fashion! :)

e-pipeman

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 16, 2008
Brown Edge, England
Nicotine is said to be good for easing vomiting and for some operations where blood loss can be an issue.

I hope it goes well Ex, look after yourself, have plenty of treats and get better quickly.

Thanks Kate,

I do like the "have plenty of treats" idea...:)

Any excuse, eh?

Kate

Moved On
Jun 26, 2008
UK
We shouldn't need excuses for treats but an operation is one of the best if we do.

Here are some grapes for you ;)

Clip.gif

e-pipeman

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 16, 2008
Brown Edge, England
Well , I'm back - one very painful knee, cricketer's splint, dvt stockings and a bunch of pain killers later- but I didn't throw up after the general! Once I had explained to the staff that my Evo was a nicotine inhaler they had no problem with me vaping on the ward. I avoided gusty billows (from the Evo) and didn't have to traipse outside in the cold for an analogue, unlike some other poor souls. Oh and Kate - thank you for the grapes!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread