Nicotine and my GERD

Status
Not open for further replies.

bluecat

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 22, 2012
Cincy
Yup. GERD or acid reflux can't answer on gastritis.

1) Exercise
2) Eat right.
3) I take an ompreazole daily.

Hasn't reappeared in 2 years. Doc also told me smoking was the cause. He never said anything about it when I told him I stopped the smokes and now use the e cig. Last time I was in he just asked if I still quit smoking.

Patkid

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 15, 2013
Rockford, IL
Yup. GERD or acid reflux can't answer on gastritis.

1) Exercise
2) Eat right.
3) I take an ompreazole daily.

Hasn't reappeared in 2 years. Doc also told me smoking was the cause. He never said anything about it when I told him I stopped the smokes and now use the e cig. Last time I was in he just asked if I still quit smoking.

what nic level do you vape?
pls and ty

bluecat

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 22, 2012
Cincy
Yeah I take omeprazole daily too

When I first went in to see him... man it felt like a train wreck in my stomach... He put me on 2 a day. Took about 4 days then it was all fine. Then all the upside down tests at the hospital to say I was just fine.

Now its all clean meat veggies and fruit. Trying still to cut back on soda.. Caffeine/beer/nicotine is my last 2 holdouts. Every once in a while I stop taking the omeprazole but it comes back.

Basically said I had to get the bad bacteria out and the good bacteria back in... There are some over the counter good bacteria stuff I took as well... I also started eating the greek yogurt. That stuff is amazing. Sadly I stopped eating it.

bluecat

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 22, 2012
Cincy
Does it make a difference do u think on nic levels? I'm at 18....

Personally, not a doctor... I doubt it. I chain vape at night. So depending on how much you vape and intensity you can control your nicotine intake regardless of %.

The big thing that I really think worked... exercise and eating right. I can go about 14 days off the omeprazole before it starts coming back. But I think it the peanut butter on toast that I have at night before bed... yeah I know.

Caridwen

ECF Moderator
Senior Moderator
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 15, 2011
Personally, not a doctor... I doubt it. I chain vape at night. So depending on how much you vape and intensity you can control your nicotine intake regardless of %.

The big thing that I really think worked... exercise and eating right. I can go about 14 days off the omeprazole before it starts coming back. But I think it the peanut butter on toast that I have at night before bed... yeah I know.

I get this. I do it because it's low calorie but the fat is removed so that might be better for GERD.

Bell Plantation - PB2 Powdered Peanut Butter and More!

It's powdered. You mix with water. It doesn't taste like peanut butter but it tastes like peanuts if that makes sense. It's good if you want a substitute for peanut butter.

EKat

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 21, 2013
USA
When I first went in to see him... man it felt like a train wreck in my stomach... He put me on 2 a day. Took about 4 days then it was all fine. Then all the upside down tests at the hospital to say I was just fine.

Now its all clean meat veggies and fruit. Trying still to cut back on soda.. Caffeine/beer/nicotine is my last 2 holdouts. Every once in a while I stop taking the omeprazole but it comes back.

Yeah I hear ya. I drink kefir and eat Greek yogurt, but can't seem to give up my coffee or vaping!:vapor:it's just too dang good!
But I do chain vape....lol

bluecat

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 22, 2012
Cincy
I get this. I do it because it's low calorie but the fat is removed so that might be better for GERD.

Bell Plantation - PB2 Powdered Peanut Butter and More!

It's powdered. You mix with water. It doesn't taste like peanut butter but it tastes like peanuts if that makes sense. It's good if you want a substitute for peanut butter.

Makes sense. I may try it. My wife has stopped buying peanut butter and getting almond something or other. She just hasn't found where I hid my stash of jiffy yet. :)

Robino1

Resting in Peace
ECF Veteran
Sep 7, 2012
Treasure Coast, Florida
Yeah I hear ya. I drink kefir and eat Greek yogurt, but can't seem to give up my coffee or vaping!:vapor:it's just too dang good!
But I do chain vape....lol

Try getting lower mg nic for night vaping. Start with....say about 1 1/2 hours before bed, see if that helps. If it doesn't, try 2 hours before bed..... Keep trying until you find the right time to drop your nic level at night. Even try lower nic than in the experiment above.

Mr. Robin can't eat after a certain time or he has problems at night. :(
I hope you can get it straightened out. :nun:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread