Nicotine base.100mg vs 220mg.

Status
Not open for further replies.

sneipen

Nov 3, 2017
Norway
Seeing my go to shop started selling 220mg base, im tempded to buy it.
I used 100mg, and since there are new laws screwing up vaping im considering buying this strengt. And maybe mi it down to arround 100mg.
Im wondering how 220mg compares to 100mg when it comes to risks. If not beeing stupid, is there any reason not to go for 220MG? Some feel 100mg is to high, but i had no issues. And really like mixing with it.
Plus side is cost, takes less space in my freezer, and it will last longer, etc.
I cant find a reason not to go for this, considering what the future probably make it much more difficult getting a hold of anything but low strenght nic.shots and very low strengh... Im like a doomsday prepper when it comes to vaping. Planing to quit, but i enjoy nicotine and vaping so im not planing on doing it in near future.

mattiem

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
The only way I would buy anything higher than 100mg/ml is if I would be saving money by buying the higher mg/ml or if I was having to save freezer space. I am not afraid of the higher mg nic but would just prefer not dealing with it without a compelling reason to do so. I do understand your reason. You just have to decided if the 200mg/ml is a good deal for you and if you decided to go that route Please read up on it and follow the safety precautions.

• Agree
Reactions: stols001

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
Seeing my go to shop started selling 220mg base, im tempded to buy it.
I used 100mg, and since there are new laws screwing up vaping im considering buying this strengt. And maybe mi it down to arround 100mg.
Im wondering how 220mg compares to 100mg when it comes to risks. If not beeing stupid, is there any reason not to go for 220MG? Some feel 100mg is to high, but i had no issues. And really like mixing with it.
Plus side is cost, takes less space in my freezer, and it will last longer, etc.
I cant find a reason not to go for this, considering what the future probably make it much more difficult getting a hold of anything but low strenght nic.shots and very low strengh... Im like a doomsday prepper when it comes to vaping. Planing to quit, but i enjoy nicotine and vaping so im not planing on doing it in near future.

Here in the USA, I Haven't seen all that much of a Price Difference per mg for buying Nicotine Base higher than 100mg/ml. And when I look at the Money I spend on RDA's and RTA's that don't seem to be any better than the ones I have, not sure if Money is a Big Factor.

Yeah, 1/2 the space used in a Freezer would be Nice. But all my stuff fits fine. So that isn't a Huge benefit to me.

Lasts longer? Haven't seen anything saying that 220mg/ml Nicotine Base should Last longer than 100mg/ml. And I'm out so far Anyway.

So... It get's down to Working with Higher than mg/ml levels than 100mg/ml? I'm not completely Against working with Higher mg/ml levels if I had to. But I Don't have to. So it is kinda a Non-Starter with me.

I don't have Any Idea how things are in Norway regarding Current or Possible Pending Regulation? Or what Taxes may be Imposed in the Future on Nicotine? So can't really Input on what I would be Buying.

I guess all I can say is If you Decide to go with this High of a Nicotine Level for a Nicotine Base, Please be Very Careful on how you Handle and Store it.

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
I personally wouldn't feel fantastic about handing anything over 100 mg/ml or storing it in my freezer in case anything happened and I'd need to do a massive cleanup, although if you have a safe space in the freezer for it, and you feel comfortable diluting it down, I suppose it's really up to you and your comfort level. I guess the main hazard (apart from someone who shouldn't running into it) would be the actual dilution process. I might be more inclined to mix it down first, then freeze it, but really that's the part where you'd need extra care and concern. If you are comfortable with that and your nic is stored in a safe place, I don't necessarily see a reason not to, especially if things are going to change as far as laws and etc., in your country, it could be worthwhile.

If I were diluting at home, I'd probably use something like a bathtub in case there were any large spills of any sort (fairly easy to clean) and probably (for my own peace of mind) I would use gloves (which I already use for DIY) but maybe add a mask (and keep the bathroom fan on) but if you are comfortable with it, I don't see a major problem. But you are the only person that can decide that... I'm fairly clumsy so I prefer working with nic that I know is fairly safe and that I won't have a problem if I spill. Just my thoughts. Good luck deciding.

Anna

OlderNDirt

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 8, 2014
Nebraska
It would seem to me it pretty much comes down to cost versus risk. You will have the choice of diluting it down all at once, minimizing the benefit of saving space, or diluting it down a little at a time which would increase added risk, if any. That choice would depend on one's own personal preference for vaping, environment, and financial situation.

ENAUD

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 23, 2013
Bordertown of ProVariland and REOville
I personally wouldn't feel fantastic about handing anything over 100 mg/ml or storing it in my freezer in case anything happened and I'd need to do a massive cleanup, although if you have a safe space in the freezer for it, and you feel comfortable diluting it down, I suppose it's really up to you and your comfort level. I guess the main hazard (apart from someone who shouldn't running into it) would be the actual dilution process. I might be more inclined to mix it down first, then freeze it, but really that's the part where you'd need extra care and concern. If you are comfortable with that and your nic is stored in a safe place, I don't necessarily see a reason not to, especially if things are going to change as far as laws and etc., in your country, it could be worthwhile.

If I were diluting at home, I'd probably use something like a bathtub in case there were any large spills of any sort (fairly easy to clean) and probably (for my own peace of mind) I would use gloves (which I already use for DIY) but maybe add a mask (and keep the bathroom fan on) but if you are comfortable with it, I don't see a major problem. But you are the only person that can decide that... I'm fairly clumsy so I prefer working with nic that I know is fairly safe and that I won't have a problem if I spill. Just my thoughts. Good luck deciding.

Anna
Wouldn't it be easier, safer, and more convenient to just work on an uncluttered countertop, next to the sink, and working with your stuff in a glass baking pan with a paper towel for cushion on the bottom? I can't imagine how working kneeling next to a bathtub would be of any value...

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
I'm not saying it would be easier, I'm saying (for me) it would be a contained environment. And I guess the amount would make a difference. I'm fairly confident in MY ability to not knock over a half liter of nicotine, but a gallon of it and needing to dilute that down? Maybe the amounts I am envisioning are way too large. I separated out my VG in the bathtub but I ordered TOO much at once (2.5 gallons) and didn't think it would come in a giant VAT.

So yes I agree with you, to a point. When I handle my nic (smaller quantities) I use a countertop and a large baking pan to catch any spills or whatnot.

Anna

bobwho77

ECF Veteran
May 8, 2014
Ypsilanti mi
I don't DIY my own juice, but I do have occasion to handle/use hazardous chemicals at work.
Seems to me that if you're already taking the proper storage, and handling precautions for 100 mg/ml nic base (gloves, goggles, spill avoidance, etc) there shouldn't be any additional difficulty in handling 220.
Pre-dilution wouldn't even be necessary, just recalculate your mixes for the higher concentrations

440BB

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 19, 2011
The Motor City
Don't think we are allowed to discuss anything over 100 mg on the forums. Side note if you're confident in safely handling it then go for it.
I believe they bumped the maximum to 200 a while back. We're pushing the envelope a bit here.

classwife

Admin
Admin
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 9, 2010
Wesley Chapel, Florida
Yeppers...

Forum Rules

35. Nicotine strength
d. There is a limit on public discussion of 200mg (20%) maximum for mixing discussion, recipes and tutorials, and also in the Classifieds. Members may not discuss the use of refills (any liquids) stronger than 200mg.

Moved this to DIY E-Liquid and closing :)

Reactions: kas122461
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread