Nicotine calculation and Juice mixer

Status
Not open for further replies.

lzx

ECF Veteran
Dec 16, 2008
czech republic
so i try this> soak pipe tabaco in water for 24hours then filter it > evaporate rest of the water > mix with glycerine > smoke: perfect, taste: perfect, atomizer: death in 2 days of smoking.... then i try to clean the atomizer in 97% alcohol and after some time i see at the bootom some sediments, so i put my liquid in the alcohol at 1/2 wait 10hours then gently suck up the liquid without sediment and evaporate the rest of alcohol.... atomizer died in one week.... so the only solution is quiet easy you need a "Soxhlet extractor" to make almost pure nicotine distillation... /wiki/Soxhlet_extractor

NitaBMe

Jun 21, 2009
Hello all,
My name is Renita and this is my first-ever post here. This discussion is fascinating:)
I love the DIY approach in anything I get into, and I was thinking about trying something like this to make my own e-liquids before I even came upon this forum. I haven't received the e-cigarette I ordered yet, but I am determined to quit smoking when I get it. I am a very heavy smoker, and I figured that the e-cig would give me the hand to mouth replacement that is soooo important to me. That is really why I smoke, because this behavior is so comforting to me.

I'm curious to know the progress ya'll have made in regards to extracting the nicotine in the best most efficient manner. Did anyone figure out anything more or is the subject dropped? I read nearly all of this thread, but it getting real late here and I'm falling asleep, so I would just like to know if any method has been "perfected" yet.
Also, I may have missed something, but in order to up the amount of nicotine collected,
couldn't you make an infusion with one batch of tobacco (20gm, as it were), squeeze as much as you can out of it, then take a fresh batch of tobacco and infuse it in the same water to double the amount of nicotine obtained? Then maybe all the used tobacco could be soaked again in the same water to yeild as much as possible from them, squeeze, strain, Then you could simmer the water to make a reduction of mostly nicotine? Wouldn't adding more fresh tobacco (as many times as necessary) create a much more potent product, did I miss something that was said, or is there a reason for not using more tobacco. Because I think that with the amount of liquid you could end up with you could make a lot of bottles of e-juice equivalent in potency to the very expensive varieties, just buy doubling up on the amount of tobacco used for extraction.

But as I said, I'm certain I'm missing something, or didn't understand everything said
Please correct me as I've been falling asleep trying to stay up to read this.
Anyways, I thank you all for posting this incredibly interesting discussion. This is most certainly the kind of community spirit that will keep E-smoking alive in a time where anything that allows people to live more self-sufficiently, independently, or cheaply is ultimately attempted to be outlawed or regulated to make it harder for people to continue to be independent.
UUH, yeah, I'm pretty tired.... But I will be soon getting my first e-cig, an M401 model, and I will need all the pointers I can get. I also intend on trying to make my own E-juice, so if anyone "perfected" the art, I'd love to know.

Thanks all for the beautiful info. ~Peace, Renita

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread