Not open for further replies.

englishmick

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 25, 2014
Naptown, Indiana
Just went through my records for the first time. I got my first bottle of nic 3 years and 9 months ago and picked up a total of 4 1/2 L. Now I'm down to 3 1/2 L + 120mls left. So a liter lasted me around 4 years.

Last week I ordered another liter so I'll be back up to 4 1/2. At that rate I should be good for 18 years.

Along the way I supplied a grandson for a couple of years. My wife started using nic a year ago. And I've gone down from 15mg to 8mg over that time. Means there's a bit of fuzziness in the calculations but I'm guessing my consumption rate now is slower than the average over the last 4 years.

Regardless, I'm 69 in a couple of months so I'm pretty sure my stash will see me through.

How many years supply do folks here have in stock?

Mowgli

Runs with scissors
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 25, 2013
Taxachusetts
Between 2.5 and 3 gallons. I'm vaping 2015 VG Nude nic and 2014 PG RTS nic right now and they're as good as when I packed them.
nic pic 2018.jpg

Rossum

Eleutheromaniac
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 14, 2013
SE PA
I know this info can be found in other threads, but....
Are there any special steps to long term nic storage? Freezer obviously.
Packaging? Temperature?
Based on my experiments documented here, temperature is the single most important factor. Glass does seem to be better than plastic, but if you don't have glass bottles available to re-bottle your nic when you receive it, put it in the freezer in whatever bottle(s) it came in until you do.

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
LOL I thought I was through but like the dang husband had a euphoric, manic fit about vaping last night and I gave him all the flavors I have won, but that means giving him more nic to "bump" them to levels he desires. He also set up EVERYTHING he has, including several odds and ends I had around and like I DON"T KNOW WHAT's HAPPENING but holy goodness, now he was like, "I had a craving for blueberry last night," and I was like, I'm pretty sure I can make that for you and he was like, "How many flavers do you have?" and I was like, "over a hundred dude, just tell me what you want I mean I have a margarita flavor a Huarache flavor (or however you spell that) the sky is yours, do you want a creamy blueberry, a spicy blueberry what?" This morphed into a "How do you make NET tobacco?":facepalm::facepalm:

So clearly, if this keeps up, like I am going to need to like, get more nic. LOL.

He also began defrosting my freezer by chipping away at it (LOL this was after the flavors talk) and he insisted that it be "fully defrosted tomorrow so I guess I will be doing some mixing today but holy Jesus talk about 0--60 in no time flat.

I think I shall begift him the Nicolas Vapefly tank I have next he should get some fun out of it, I set up a doggy style last night instead. If it's working it is working.

Anna

440BB

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 19, 2011
The Motor City
Based on our current consumption, I've got about 17 years of nic for my wife and I. As she's six years younger than me and has recently wanted to learn how to mix our ADV, I think I better get a couple more liters of 100mg. Just in case empty nest syndrome doesn't kill us after all.:D

mattiem

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
I'm not exactly sure how much I have. Maybe if I could convince Anna and her hubby to come defrost my freezer I could know for sure :D I am pretty sure I have at least 4 liters but it is probably a lot more than that. A couple of times I decided I had enough but then would start doubting myself so I added 3 or maybe 4 more liters. BTW, I will be 70 in a few weeks so i am thinking I've got enough to last me with plenty left over for someone else. I guess I really should leave instructions as to what to do with it once I no longer need it.

Hubby hasn't had a smoke for 2 weeks now. I've never pressured him to make the switch but he has been pressuring himself. I just make sure I keep a bottle of each of his 2 favorite flavors filled and coils built and ready whenever he needs to replace one. What is working for him is telling himself that he is not going to stop smoking but just isn't going to smoke right now. I say, (but not out loud) whatever works....go for it. :)

I've settled on 12mg and vape about 3 to 5 mls a day. Kinda hard to judge how much because I vape 4 different flavors on 4 different devices so really don't pay attention to how often each topper is filled. Hubby is vaping at 14mg and about 5 mls a day. Even with both of us vaping, we still have enough to last as long as we need it.

englishmick

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 25, 2014
Naptown, Indiana
I've settled on 12mg and vape about 3 to 5 mls a day. Kinda hard to judge how much because I vape 4 different flavors on 4 different devices so really don't pay attention to how often each topper is filled. Hubby is vaping at 14mg and about 5 mls a day. Even with both of us vaping, we still have enough to last as long as we need it.

I had the same problem figuring out my daily consumption. But Jan of this year I started keeping a log of all my mixing, with date, amount, flavor, and nic %. I just counted up. Averaged out to around 6mls a day between me and the wife. My share of that is probably 4 mls. She works and she only vapes at home. We both use low power gear.

mattiem

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
I had the same problem figuring out my daily consumption. But Jan of this year I started keeping a log of all my mixing, with date, amount, flavor, and nic %. I just counted up. Averaged out to around 6mls a day between me and the wife. My share of that is probably 4 mls. She works and she only vapes at home. We both use low power gear.
I decided I didn't really need to know the exact amount since I feel sure there is no way hubby and I can possibly use as much of it as I have with the time we most likely will still be here to use it. We too vape at low watt high resistance so go through much less than someone that vapes high watt and low resistance. And I have already been promised that folks will make sure to mix me my favorites at my preferred nic strength if I should run out by the time I hit 100 :lol::lol::lol:

DancingHeretik

Dancing in the Chaos
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 20, 2011
San Antonio, TX
Only about 20 years worth. And I'm 70, so... :)
I'm just over 60 and have 30 years worth. So, the same here. The extra 10 years worth is available for mixing for others (sister, daughter, . . . ).
A couple of times I decided I had enough but then would start doubting myself so I added 3 or maybe 4 more liters. BTW, I will be 70 in a few weeks so i am thinking I've got enough to last me with plenty left over for someone else. I guess I really should leave instructions as to what to do with it once I no longer need it.
I periodically think 'Well, maybe just one or two more liters.'

I've left instructions for my daughter to come to ECF to get rid of any mods, nic, etc. that she doesn't want. Which will be most of it. She's not into vaping. She barely vapes so far. But, time will tell.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread