Nicotine - Quality, Safety, Prices

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm asking even more silly questions, I guess... This time, they're about nicotine! lol

I've come to the conclusion that, for VG (not synthetic glycerin), the best bang for your buck (including very high quality) is Essential Depot. I have no idea yet about PG, but I'll keep trying to learn what I can regarding PG quality, price, etc.

In the meantime, I was hoping to find a very high quality, high nicotine content mix that won't kill my wallet (or me).

I really don't know what I'm looking for here.

My final mixes will hopefully be 3.6% nicotine, if that helps...

I'll be using a plastic/rubber apron, latex/vinyl gloves, safety goggles, and a breathing mask to handle the nicotine, if necessary.

I'd like to use the highest safe(ish) nicotine percentage that won't be too expensive, to start with.

From what I understand, nicotine usually comes pre-mixed in either VG or PG, so my concern there is... Who is using the highest quality VG/PG for their nicotine?

I realize pure nicotine is way too dangerous for me to handle without the proper (expensive) precautions, so I'm obviously not looking for that.

I'm just looking for a product I know is inexpensive, and very high quality (like the Essential Depot VG I mentioned).

Does anyone have any suggestions for me?

Also, if my main concern is quality when it comes to the VG/PG base, which should I go with?

I saw this earlier:
https://www.myfreedomsmokes.com/nic...vored-nicotine-smoke-juice-e-liquid-9390.html

Is that a good price? Is it good quality?

Is there anything better out there right now?

To be honest, taste doesn't matter too much for me, because the flavour I'll be using will definitely cover it up...

Rat2chat2

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 16, 2013
North Carolina
I am sure someone with more knowledge than me will come along and help you but I have read where it is recommended to buy the nic in pg if you plan on freezing it in glass bottles. I have always used 60mg nic but my last purchase was the 100mg nic. I do my mixing in the kitchen beside the sink so if I am not very concerned. If I get any of it on me I just wash off. I use no special equipment or even gloves.

That is not a good price on the nic at My Freedom Smokes. It is a FANTASTIC price. :laugh: (sorry, couldn't help myself). That is where I just received mine. Super fast shipping and I have read nothing but good thing regarding this vendor.

Lots of good DIY threads here on ecf and some pretty wonderful people too. Good luck and happy mixing. :)

I am sure someone with more knowledge than me will come along and help you but I have read where it is recommended to buy the nic in pg if you plan on freezing it in glass bottles. I have always used 60mg nic but my last purchase was the 100mg nic. I do my mixing in the kitchen beside the sink so if I am not very concerned. If I get any of it on me I just wash off. I use no special equipment or even gloves.

That is not a good price on the nic at My Freedom Smokes. It is a FANTASTIC price. :laugh: (sorry, couldn't help myself). That is where I just received mine. Super fast shipping and I have read nothing but good thing regarding this vendor.

Lots of good DIY threads here on ecf and some pretty wonderful people too. Good luck and happy mixing. :)

Won't the PG expand when it freezes, possibly breaking the caps or bottles?

Wizardlabs. One stop shop. I can't recommend them enough.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk

Unfortunately, they don't shop to Canada. :(

I already ordered mine from MFS but my understanding is that RTS (?) will price match MFSs price, if that helps. I have read good things about both of them.

RTS? I have no idea what that is...

Also, does anyone have any input regarding Nude Nicotine? They seem very dedicated to quality, but the price leaves a bit to be desired, I think...

To answer part of your question, the highest concentration you will get for DIY from a reputable vendor is 100 mg/ml (10%). That is strong enough that you should be concerned while handling it, and it cannot be stressed enough; read the stickies at the top of the DIY subforum.

I do 33 mg/ml from the 100 mg/ml base, which makes the math simpler. As far as quality vendors go, there are others that have more experience than I. I have used Nude Nicotine (70VG/30PG) and found it crystal clear and flavorless, although at 33 mg, it has plenty of TH. But you can get a liter of 100 mg/ml for less than half the NN price at RTS and MFS right now.

To answer part of your question, the highest concentration you will get for DIY from a reputable vendor is 100 mg/ml (10%). That is strong enough that you should be concerned while handling it, and it cannot be stressed enough; read the stickies at the top of the DIY subforum.

I do 33 mg/ml from the 100 mg/ml base, which makes the math simpler. As far as quality vendors go, there are others that have more experience than I. I have used Nude Nicotine (70VG/30PG) and found it crystal clear and flavorless, although at 33 mg, it has plenty of TH. But you can get a liter of 100 mg/ml for less than half the NN price at RTS and MFS right now.

Thank you very much for the information!

I'm still very confused as to what RTS is.lol, though. :S

Very good to know, guys... Thank you. :)

I gave in on MFS, and went to place my order, but... Shipping to Canada seems to increase the price by ~$50. :(

Ouch! You could try RTS Vapes [edit - see link above in marlight's comment], but you will have to submit a ticket to get the price match for $50/Liter (tell them you saw the price at MFS), but I don't know if the shipping fees will be any better for you. But even still, a liter of 100 mg/ml for $100 is usually not a bad price even in the US.

Last edited:

marlight

Aug 8, 2014
Minnesota
I think I noticed that RTS ships to Canada for their wholesale offers, so maybe it's a possibility that they ship to Canada?

Maybe like Boletus said though, $100/L of nic juice is still a decent price. Maybe buy more than one to maximize savings? You'd still pay more than $100 if you buy it when it's not on sale.

I think that MFS is supposed to have it on sale through the month or while supplies last, so you should have time to shop around and think about it yet.

Sorry, I wish I could help you more.

Train2

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 11, 2013
CA, USA
You guys are hitting the good brands!

Wizard Labs is very big, very good, often sells out...
I happen to have gotten my first nic ever from RTSVapes - and it was a good vendor for building a "starter kit" of everything i needed for my first batches of juice
MyFreedomSmokes is indeed a popular brand too - and that sale price is outstanding
I'm vaping some I got from Nude Nicotine right now - they had a really good sale a few months ago

The one I didn't see, that all the DIY threads have been abuzzing about is VapersTek.org. Haven't tried it, but a lot of folks swear by it lately...

Glass won't break because that's due to liquids freezing and expanding. VG and PG DON'T ACTUALLY FREEZE.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread