Status
Not open for further replies.

Bunnykiller

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 17, 2013
New Orleans La.
the bottle of juice should have the strength of nicotine on it somewhere... its normally in mg ( milligrams/milliliter)
for example mine sez 36mg on the bottle ( which = 3.6%)

the mg of nic only changes when you get a different bottle of juice, it wont change when you change the numbers on the unit...
the numbers on the unit ( mod) are either the volts or watts the mod is putting out. By changing those numbers, you add or reduce the amount of heat going to the coil, which in turn increases or decreases the amount of vapor produced...
If in fact you are using a 3mg nic content juice, you may want to consider upping the nic content to 18-24mg...

also, switching to vaping isnt just like smoking... ciggies have alot more in them other than nic to keep you hooked...
you may want to dual use ( smoke when the urge is really strong ( smoke 1/2 a ciggie or so) and then do the vape till satisfied)

Mystic Meep

Aug 18, 2017
Ahh! The Big Baby Beast kit! We know a few things about that one. ;)

The tank that came with the kit is called the Big Baby Beast. It uses the Baby Beast coils that have very long lives and deliver very large clouds of vapor. That is a direct to lung (DL or DTL) tank--you hit that thing like inhaling through a straw and you are supposed to draw the vapor directly into your lungs.

That may not be what you want--you may prefer a mouth to lung (MTL) hit, similar to the way you smoke a cigarette. If that's the case, the Nautilus 2 tank may be better suited to you. It is designed to emulate the smoking hit, where you use your cheeks and jaw to draw the vapor into your mouth and then inhale. I don't think there's a better MTL tank out there and the 1.6 ohm coils are preferred by strict MTL users.

DL is better suited for very low nicotine concentrations--3mg up to maybe 9mg tops.

MTL allows you to increase the nic concentration. I typically use 12mg liquid in my MTL and restricted airflow DL setups. I have some that's 18mg for stealth vaping. I use 6mg in my Baby Beast tanks, which are just smaller versions of your tank.
Thank you very much for the information. This mod I have now is the 3rd one I have bought in a week and a half. If I got another one my hubby would kill me. lol I have spent a lot of money so far and he has his limits. Lol

Trigster

Aug 2, 2017
SF Bay Area
Jamie...Which tanks do you have ?...Because as mentioned MTL(Mouth To Lung)is what will most closely resemble the "Hit" of a cigarette...And for me...That sensation is/was a big part of the equation...List out which tanks you've got and C Cowboy or Anna can "Bulls-Eye" which one might be best for you...Or the Nautilus 2 would be nice one for you to have...Trig

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
Jamie, if you can't buy anything else to start with, I'd be happy to send you a MTL tank to try if you find you want/need one. No charge, just if everything you've tried has been more clouds and less wattage, I'm sure I could find something at 1.0 ohms and above and a few coils that I know I probably won't be using, in fact I can think of one right off the bat, it's a tank I don't use that's pretty middle of the road MTL that I don't use anymore as it whistles and drives the husband crazy.... It's not that I don't like it, and there ARE better tanks out there, but it's a reasonable MTL tank and you could try something like that out. Used, it really doesn't have much cash value, and I'd be thrilled to send it, if you would want. Up to you, and if you'd like it let me know, otherwise, no worries....

Anna

Mystic Meep

Aug 18, 2017
Jamie, if you can't buy anything else to start with, I'd be happy to send you a MTL tank to try if you find you want/need one. No charge, just if everything you've tried has been more clouds and less wattage, I'm sure I could find something at 1.0 ohms and above and a few coils that I know I probably won't be using, in fact I can think of one right off the bat, it's a tank I don't use that's pretty middle of the road MTL that I don't use anymore as it whistles and drives the husband crazy.... It's not that I don't like it, and there ARE better tanks out there, but it's a reasonable MTL tank and you could try something like that out. Used, it really doesn't have much cash value, and I'd be thrilled to send it, if you would want. Up to you, and if you'd like it let me know, otherwise, no worries....

Anna
Anna
That is so sweet and kind of you. I would appreciate that so much. My hubby too. Lol. Please tell me how I can private message you. I cannot remember for the life of me.

Jamie

Mystic Meep

Aug 18, 2017
LOL, pick my brain @Jamie Plum, I don't want it anymore!!! But yeah, if you have MTL questions, ask away. I will do my best.... I don't think (personally) that someone with lung issues really wants/needs to handle the amount of vapor that sub0hming often requires to get enough nic via vapor produced, I really found I hated it quickly, and it made vaping aversive for me often at the time I *most* needed to vape. If you haven't it would be great to try a different tank, (you can keep your mod and you will have VAST battery life) that is MTL and see how you like it.

I'm running 18 nic in MTL tanks, and I feel great and don't enjoy huge vapor clouds, my usual wattage is between 7-12 watts, and if you want recommendations (the good the bad the ugly) on inexpensive tanks to start with, I've probably vaped a fair share. There's also the tootle puffer's thread, but boy, that sucker would be confusing to start, they've reached esoteric levels. I'm new enough at it to provide some basic recommendations. :)

Anna
Lol ok I would like to pick your brain.

Reactions: RainSong

SteveS45

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Jan 27, 2016
Long Island, New York
I started with 18-24MG using Cig-A-Likes, but had to cut it to 6 when I went to a MOD. Still spiked my tanks for a bit but a month later was at the 3MG I am at now and I chain vape so constantly when I Sub Ohm I am feeling the Nic so I do slow down. But that is me 3 years after quitting.

Reactions: Letitia

redeuce

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 11, 2017
Chicago suburbs
www.nofearmotorsports.com
I'm a newbie too. Since July4. In my opinion, whomever suggested a beginner start out with that device and tank gave bad advice. I think that set up is just about polar opposite of what a new vaper should be using. I've been following your story, but forgot. Did you first try a more basic, fixed wattage, mtl device?

Letitia

Citrus Junkie
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2017
West Frankfort, IL
I'm a newbie too. Since July4. In my opinion, whomever suggested a beginner start out with that device and tank gave bad advice. I think that set up is just about polar opposite of what a new vaper should be using. I've been following your story, but forgot. Did you first try a more basic, fixed wattage, mtl device?
Every new vaper is different. Trial and error. That is why we ask so many questions. Only you can decide what to try 1st.

redeuce

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 11, 2017
Chicago suburbs
Every new vaper is different. Trial and error. That is why we ask so many questions. Only you can decide what to try 1st.
I agree, but I've been following her threads and as a person that's been there I can tell she's confused and frustrated, which is not a good place to be. My only point was for a senior citizen with limited vapingknowledge and COPD, a Smok cloud machine with a sub ohm tank and a big bore drip tip is not a step in the right direction to start out with. I think at this point she needs possibly in person guidance from a vaping friend, or a very good vape shop that still has dedicated employees that are trying to help people stop smoking. I was fortunate enough to find that shop. Someone that can help her get started properly.
I feel her disappointment, and I don't want her to give up. She seems like a very nice lady and she is a great board member. I want her to make it.

redeuce

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 11, 2017
Chicago suburbs
Jamie, I'd suggest upping nicotine levels slightly as well. You can add me to the list of people that Whole Tobacco Alkaloid (WTA) juice helped, as well. I ordered mine as unflavored from Aroma E-juice. That helped me through the whole "transition phase" when I was ready to chew through steel at times. It's pricy, but it has been my experience that you don't need a whole lot of it. It helped me to put a TINY squirt into each tank when I filled to start, then I kinda slowly weaned myself, and I still have a tank with some WTA in it that I have around for those high stress/high pressure moments. But, I think you may wish to start by upping your nic a bit.

That said, with COPD, it may be harder to get that deep, full lung-inhale, like many sub0hmers want, (which I hated to start, as my lungs were shot, anyway, though not to COPD levels, just headed there). I did far better on a small MTL device at higher nic level and lower watts, meaning cooler, more easy to handle vape. I just plain didn't enjoy how sub0hming made my throat and lungs *feel* and I couldn't handle the sheer volume of vapor. So, that is another option, if you are finding yourself desirous to pick up a cigarette but not necessarily wanting to vape your current device-- a smaller, more mimicking of a cigarette device that gives you more nicotine per puff, but less vapor. I found I ultimately enjoyed the smaller MTL feel of tanks, so that is what I use.

Good luck!

Anna
Excellent post.

Reactions: stols001
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread