Nimbus replacement screws ??

Status
Not open for further replies.

DSmooch

ECF Veteran
Hi peru, I've been looking for some Nimbus parts too... in my case, the Orings dilated to a point where I had to remove them both. There are just no parts out there for it and from what I remember there were no replacement parts in the original order...

For the screws, you might try one out of an electrical chocolate block and see if it fits, I have the feeling that might do the trick...

Last edited:

Peruviann

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 9, 2013
Hi peru, I've been looking for some Nimbus parts too... in my case, the Orings dilated to a point where I had to remove them both. There are just no parts out there for it and from what I remember there were no replacement parts in the original order...

For the screws, you might try one out of an electrical chocolate block and see if it fits, I have the feeling that might do the trick...

I tried a few hobby stores and nothing. I also tried an igo-l screw but it didn't work. They should offer replacement parts for the nimbus

darkzero

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 28, 2013
SoCal
When you say won't screw down, do you mean the thread is not the same or they are too short/long? FYI IGO-L screws are the same thread size & pitch as the M2 x .4 screws posted above. M2 X .4 is the thread size most RDAs use with different lengths.

Too bad you aren't close to me, I could measure it for you.

Last edited:

Peruviann

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 9, 2013
When you say won't screw down, do you mean the thread is not the same or they are too short/long? FYI IGO-L screws are the same thread size & pitch as the M2 x .4 screws posted above. M2 X .4 is the thread size most RDAs use with different lengths.

Too bad you aren't close to me, I could measure it for you.

The igo-l screw is always lose won't make contact for some reason when screwing it down. Where you located at ?

darkzero

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 28, 2013
SoCal
The igo-l screw is always lose won't make contact for some reason when screwing it down. Where you located at ?

I'm in the SF Valley. If you mail me the screw you have I can tell you exactly the thread size you need & where to get it if it's not proprietary (which I doubt it is).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread