The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Nitecore I2 stopped working

Discussion in 'Batteries and Chargers' started by Joe-L, Apr 25, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. Baditude

Baditude ECF Guru ECF Veteran

Apr 8, 2012
    Ridgeway, Ohio
    The Efest LUC chargers line are excellent in quality and relatively inexpensive. They are among a handfull of chargers that can charge at 1 amp in all two or four bays. I can't speak to the quality of their other chargers.

[​IMG]

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 2
    • Useful Useful x 1
  2. Joe-L

Joe-L Full Member

Mar 31, 2018
    Hey guys so just to update.

I have used a variable voltage dc power supply that fits in the circular dc pin on my charger and although it dosnt work on ac or 12v dc it is now working correctly at 9v dc so I'm guessing either a track of resistor is blown somewhere along the line if anyone finds there self in this situation definitely give 9v dc a try.

• Like Like x 1
  3. 1/2 fast

1/2 fast Super Member ECF Veteran

Dec 3, 2013
    SW Ohio
    Didn’t know I did that. Wasn’t intended. There was nothing in your post that I cared about at all. Nor was there anything I’d comment on. Most likely (being old, blind and etc) I hit the button by accident. Sorry if I ruined a perfect attendance record or anything like that.

• Like Like x 3
    • Love Love x 1
  4. mcclintock

mcclintock Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Oct 28, 2014
    I have the "New I2" charger. Maybe they upgraded something in it.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Joe-L

Joe-L Full Member

Mar 31, 2018
    That's the same one as what I have dude and it's not lasted the longest but seems like I just got unlucky i wouldn't say it's bad craftsman ship probably just from my use and abuse.

• Like Like x 1
  6. ScottP

ScottP Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Apr 9, 2013
    Houston, TX
    No you didn't ruin anything, I was just puzzled. If someone disagrees I can usually understand why, and/or they may even post why. This one just left me scratching my head..

• Like Like x 1
  7. Str8vision

Str8vision Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Dec 26, 2013
    Sallisaw, Oklahoma USA
    Backups to our backups, the importance of having on-hand replacements for anything and everything that's "mission critical".

I didn't think to have a backup for my 4-bay charger until 2014, I only used mechs back then so if my charger had quit working I'd have been in a huge bind. I live in a rural area, the nearest city that would have a charger is 2 hours away so most of my shopping is online. I bought and keep a 2-bay charger in storage just for such emergencies, I think I paid a whopping $12 for it. When regulated mods finally became powerful and compact, I switched to using them. Since most regulated mods can charge a battery I consider them another backup to my primary charger although I personally wouldn't use them for such unless I just had to.

• Like Like x 2
  8. ilporcupine

ilporcupine Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Feb 24, 2018
    IL, Duh
    I have a cheap Efest 'Pro C2' 2-bay. It is a low rate charger, and has only red/green led ready/charged indicators. It seems to do the job, stays cool, and batteries read 4.1 to 4.2 after charge. Definitely not a sophisticated charger, but was about $5 sale

• Like Like x 2
  9. Fidola13

Fidola13 Prepper Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Dec 20, 2017
    Boston
    D9107980-D01D-418A-AEA5-476F1A27B2CF.png
    I have 2 Efest chargers. The one I use is a LUC blu 4 bay charger that I’m very happy with. I can choose 1amp charging for the inner 2 slots although I don’t often use that feature.

Efest LUC BLU4 Battery Charger

The other Efest I use if I need to charge larger batters 20700 ? But I’m not crazy about the sleds. I always felt like I was damaging the batteries sliding them into the slots. This is the one pictured. I keep it as a backup.

• Like Like x 2
  10. levivapes

levivapes Full Member

Apr 3, 2018
    Oregon
    Mine is sassing me too. It now takes twice the amount of time to charge batteries. Time to upgrade I suppose.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. Hawise

Hawise Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Mar 25, 2013
    AB, Canada
    The Efest Soda, on the other hand, doesn't appear to be as reliable:

ADVISORY: Avoid using the Efest SODA charger at its 1A setting

Efest non-LUC chargers seem to be of variable quality. I'm glad yours is apparently a good one.

I'm not overly impressed with my Efest LUC4. It's fine at 500 mA, but it heats the batteries more than I like at 1 A. My Xtar VC4 stays a lot cooler at 1 A.

• Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  12. ilporcupine

Feb 24, 2018
    IL, Duh
    If you are comparing using the same batteries, either your Efest is actually charging at more than rated, or Xtar is delivering less. Amount of battery heating proportional to the current passing thru it. Could be a function of the charging curve, keeping the rate higher too long, but that amounts to the same thing. If the charger is heating up, and transferring heat to the batteries, that is a different Ball 'O Fish. Or Kettle O' Wax.

• Like Like x 2
  13. Hawise

Hawise Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Mar 25, 2013
    AB, Canada
    That does make sense, now you point it out. I've noticed it with a couple of different batteries. I'll have to try again and pay closer attention to see what's really going on.

• Like Like x 2
  14. ilporcupine

Feb 24, 2018
    IL, Duh
    Mooch will be along any time now, to tell me I'm full of it...:D

• Funny Funny x 2
  15. Anise

Anise Vaping Master ECF Veteran

May 11, 2016
    Southern Louisiana USA
    I have a 4 bay aucooma. Anyone heard of it? It was at a good price from a reputable site.

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.