Nitecore Itellicharger i2 dead

Status
Not open for further replies.

StevieRay18

Oct 5, 2016
This had happened out of no where. I had gone to a friends yesterday and had brought this and when I get back the left port wont charge. When I unplug it and plug it back in, the battery gauge flashes but once I put a battery in theres no life. A few days ago I was playing a game on my computer and I got a sudden whiff of smoke and I thought it was my computer. Could it of been the charger? It had worked fine after the fact but now its just dead. And I bought this off a friend so theres no warranty. Gyazo - 4bd3fbb5bed4058f53fccada2ca63e70.png

StevieRay18

Oct 5, 2016
As Don said, time for a new charger. also time for some new batteries. Those NCR 18650s are only rated to 6A, way too low for vape use.
Is that why my vape only lasts for like 9 hours? The battery came with it when I bought it (I never really go to the store I only buy stuff off friends because its cheaper) and it just hasn't lasted at all. But I will buy a new charger thank you for the help guys!

Eskie

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 6, 2016
NY
Is that why my vape only lasts for like 9 hours? The battery came with it when I bought it (I never really go to the store I only buy stuff off friends because its cheaper) and it just hasn't lasted at all. But I will buy a new charger thank you for the help guys!

I'm just relieved it didn't blow up after 9 hours of vaping. And that's not a joke. Serious. Using batteries like that is just asking to end up on News at 11. Here's a chart of recommended batteries from Mooch our resident battery guru, along with some reliable vendors at the bottom so what you order will be authentic and not some rewrap counterfeit on eBay or Amazon.
Battery Chart.jpeg

StevieRay18

Oct 5, 2016
I'm just relieved it didn't blow up after 9 hours of vaping. And that's not a joke. Serious. Using batteries like that is just asking to end up on News at 11. Here's a chart of recommended batteries from Mooch our resident battery guru, along with some reliable vendors at the bottom so what you order will be authentic and not some rewrap counterfeit on eBay or Amazon.
View attachment 645987
I also have another battery but its a yellow wrap (looks like a lonely womans .... plug) and its an 18650 2500maH 3.7v but other than the wrap itself it works perfectly fine. Would a roughed up wrap cause a problem?

Eskie

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 6, 2016
NY
I also have another battery but its a yellow wrap (looks like a lonely womans .... plug) and its an 18650 2500maH 3.7v but other than the wrap itself it works perfectly fine. Would a roughed up wrap cause a problem?

OK, two things. A yellow wrap on a battery doesn't help you in any way in knowing what it is and whether or not it's appropriate for vaping. Could be a flashlight battery. Could be a vape battery. As you don't know which for sure, I'd go with the toss it out battery (recycled of course). Second, what roughed up wrap? A roughed up, or torn wrap needs to be replaced before you use it as it also can blow up. Those wraps are on for electrical insulation, not design, so think of a frayed electric cord, a really dry Christmas tree, and three times the number of bulbs on the tree that can safely be run off that cord is it wasn't frayed, never mind damaged.

These high current batteries for vaping are quite powerful, capable of releasing a prodigious amount of energy for a relatively small thing. If used improperly or not properly maintained you really can blow a good chunk of your face off.

StevieRay18

Oct 5, 2016
OK, two things. A yellow wrap on a battery doesn't help you in any way in knowing what it is and whether or not it's appropriate for vaping. Could be a flashlight battery. Could be a vape battery. As you don't know which for sure, I'd go with the toss it out battery (recycled of course). Second, what roughed up wrap? A roughed up, or torn wrap needs to be replaced before you use it as it also can blow up. Those wraps are on for electrical insulation, not design, so think of a frayed electric cord, a really dry Christmas tree, and three times the number of bulbs on the tree that can safely be run off that cord is it wasn't frayed, never mind damaged.

These high current batteries for vaping are quite powerful, capable of releasing a prodigious amount of energy for a relatively small thing. If used improperly or not properly maintained you really can blow a good chunk of your face off.
Ok I was charging my one battery that I purchased brand new and I had the yellow one in the broken port and when I took the good battery out the left side started charging. Its been 5 minutes and its still charging but I had tried all of my batteries and they didnt work now all of a sudden its working.

anavidfan

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 14, 2012
U.S.

REALLY? , For a moment I thought I was on VU. I had to look up and make sure I was on ECF.....

Reactions: Eskie
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread