Njoy sold at CVS pharmacy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Madame Psychosis

ECF Veteran
Nov 18, 2009
East Coast Gypsy
Well, aside from all the depressing news about ecigs' doom in general, I think it's an awesome thing that CVS is deciding to carry njoy.

Why? It introduces more people to the concept of PVs. Even if they're dissatisfied with their Njoys in general, at least some will come online to find out more about e-cigarettes...and discover all there is out here.

A general major retailer endorsing the concept of e-cigs is a BIG deal. It's no longer a mall kiosk and Internet subculture thing, then.

We need this to go mainstream faster than fast.

And as cigarettes become more expensive, and demand for alternatives goes up, retailers should rationally carry more PVs. As long as government doesn't put up a roadblock first. : curses :

Anchova

Jul 13, 2009
Fort Myers, FL
As with every other product, capitalism will carry us against the government regulators. CVS getting into the e-cig business is a very, very, very huge deal for us. This is basically a corporate endorsement. I, for one, just hope they sell well.

If 7-11, Walmart, Target, or Walgreens starts moving on them then we will be in a much better position. We need the money. We're a small industry. We need the fuel to burn down the house of idiotic regulation.

crashtestjeep

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 14, 2009
Wilmington, NC
www.myspace.com
My mom lives in Charlotte,NC and she sees ecigs (njoy's) sold all over in convenience stores. We dont have 7-11s here anymore tho, but sure wish we did! I miss those damn slurpees!!!!!

Lady=its a lil different here. We have ABC store for liquor only, beer anywhere and analogs anywhere tho. SO, liquor stores-no beer or analogs, and where theres analogs, beer and wine, no liquor! :( They make us run around so we dont have as much time to drink it, hehe! ;)

ladysolitary85

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Oct 31, 2009
California
My mom lives in Charlotte,NC and she sees ecigs (njoy's) sold all over in convenience stores. We dont have 7-11s here anymore tho, but sure wish we did! I miss those damn slurpees!!!!!

Lady=its a lil different here. We have ABC store for liquor only, beer anywhere and analogs anywhere tho. SO, liquor stores-no beer or analogs, and where theres analogs, beer and wine, no liquor! :( They make us run around so we dont have as much time to drink it, hehe! ;)

Oh that's just not fair to you guys lol

umop apisdn

ECF Veteran
Oct 26, 2009
Those are the only two "flavors" the FDA is going to allow even if Judge Leon classifies them as a tobacco product. So NJOY is on top of their game as best they can be.

Sun

You do realize that if they are restricted that much, there will be unflavored mixes and flavorings on the side to add yourself, right? There are way too many loopholes for the FDA to cover. They can't possibly shut down Lorann or stop vendors from selling liquid.

Actually, I take that back, you never know with the FDA... It seems like they have more power than the government these days.

Worse comes to worse, there will be a black market for different flavors, so don't lose hope.

oldlady

ECF Veteran
Nov 7, 2009
Charleston, SC
Actually it is exactly the e-liquid and the cartomizers the FDA is most likely to attack. The e-cig itself is just a battery. Even if the e-cig itself were labeled a "drug delivery device," there is no law against buying, selling, importing or marketing syringes.

My biggest fear is that the FDA will approve only non-reusable cartomizers prefilled with 4 mg liquid in regular and methol flavors. My next fear is that the largest current suppliers will take over the market and/or states will tax the heck out of the things to make them on par with regular analogs in terms of price. Hence, little - if any - incentive for people to switch to vaping.

While I agree that the FDA has a mandate to oversee the health and safety of consumable products in the U.S. market, I hope it will decide to do so in a way that is not politically biased (I'm a dreamer) or counterproductive to public health. Its report - which is a joke scientifically and corrupt politically - has already resulted in bans across many workplaces, states and countries!

Our biggest hope rests in the American Association of Physicians - which is calling the FDA out on both the scientific and political aspects of its report - and the Government of China, which may come to the defense of its own manufacturers. After all, China is holding a few trillion dollars of U.S. bonds and another few trillion of our currency. If it threatens to dump either on the markets, the FDA will back off with lightening speed!

Until we know Judge Leon's ruling, I am holding off on recommending my friends and relatives buy e-cigs. In fact, I feel terrible about getting my sister into this. Many people in this country cannot afford to lay out the investments in starter kits only to have the stuff they need to use them banned!

LoneRanger

ECF Veteran
Jul 18, 2009
Florida
My mom lives in Charlotte,NC and she sees ecigs (NJoy's) sold all over in convenience stores. We dont have 7-11s here anymore tho, but sure wish we did! I miss those damn slurpees!!!!!

Are they Kangaroo stores?

rothenbj

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 23, 2009
Green Lane, Pa
Until we know Judge Leon's ruling, I am holding off on recommending my friends and relatives buy e-cigs. In fact, I feel terrible about getting my sister into this. Many people in this country cannot afford to lay out the investments in starter kits only to have the stuff they need to use them banned!

I felt the same way but I thought about it and now issue a warning about. A possible ban and deliver an email with directions to this site and recommendations for hardware, e liquid and potential vendors. A properly purchased fig and liquid will pay for itself in reduced analog costs and from there they can decide how to proceed.

ladysolitary85

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Oct 31, 2009
California
Actually it is exactly the e-liquid and the cartomizers the FDA is most likely to attack. The e-cig itself is just a battery. Even if the e-cig itself were labeled a "drug delivery device," there is no law against buying, selling, importing or marketing syringes.

My biggest fear is that the FDA will approve only non-reusable cartomizers prefilled with 4 mg liquid in regular and methol flavors. My next fear is that the largest current suppliers will take over the market and/or states will tax the heck out of the things to make them on par with regular analogs in terms of price. Hence, little - if any - incentive for people to switch to vaping.

While I agree that the FDA has a mandate to oversee the health and safety of consumable products in the U.S. market, I hope it will decide to do so in a way that is not politically biased (I'm a dreamer) or counterproductive to public health. Its report - which is a joke scientifically and corrupt politically - has already resulted in bans across many workplaces, states and countries!

Our biggest hope rests in the American Association of Physicians - which is calling the FDA out on both the scientific and political aspects of its report - and the Government of China, which may come to the defense of its own manufacturers. After all, China is holding a few trillion dollars of U.S. bonds and another few trillion of our currency. If it threatens to dump either on the markets, the FDA will back off with lightening speed!

I see what your saying but if you don't recommend, the word by month isn't going to spread. We need to educate as many interested people as we can about it because that's exactly what the FDA wants... less voices? easier to drown out.

BigJimW

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 17, 2009
Warwick, RI
www.moonport.org
and the Government of China, which may come to the defense of its own manufacturers. After all, China is holding a few trillion dollars of U.S. bonds and another few trillion of our currency. If it threatens to dump either on the markets, the FDA will back off with lightening speed!

I'm kinda hoping that China does call out us on that debt. It may wake people up to take action.

Until that day happens, the American public will continue to sit on their complacent asses and do nothing. Which is driving this country in the toilet.

Al Quida will keep hitting us like a cat pulling on the dogs tail, and sit back and watch as we go off on batsh** missions in countries that are not even involved in the mess. To the world, the US is a big joke.

And if anyone reading this message thinks that the good old USA is a stable country, you live in a dream world.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread