Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 24, 2009
Louisiana

Nepenthy

ECF Veteran
Jun 16, 2009
Cbus, Ohio
I dont care if these new atomizers have FDA tracking devices in them and are made by Cathy Giffords sweat shop, they ARE much better in every way. They utilize the juice much better in polyfill carts, tons of vapor, easy draw, less flooding and tons of vapor. I had been using the original 510 attys for a month straight and am doing everything the same way with these new ones, minus the PTB mod. Im not sure how folks are saying its subjective unless old vs new is being measured in some method that doesnt concern me, but they are definitely better. I got mine from IV, and match the new pics in this thread. My co-workers, who dont vape and dont know squat about ecig hardware, have even commented about how much more vapor im exhaling...its that significant...and Im an ugly dude, so ppl arent just standing around starring at me ;)

a2dcovert

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 24, 2009
Louisiana
I dont care if these new atomizers have FDA tracking devices in them and are made by Cathy Giffords sweat shop, they ARE much better in every way. They utilize the juice much better in polyfill carts, tons of vapor, easy draw, less flooding and tons of vapor. I had been using the original 510 attys for a month straight and am doing everything the same way with these new ones, minus the PTB mod. Im not sure how folks are saying its subjective unless old vs new is being measured in some method that doesnt concern me, but they are definitely better. I got mine from IV, and match the new pics in this thread. My co-workers, who dont vape and dont know squat about ecig hardware, have even commented about how much more vapor im exhaling...its that significant...and Im an ugly dude, so ppl arent just standing around starring at me ;)

Objective reporting is always welcome. I am glad the JSB-510 atomizers work well for you. My only concern was innovapor.com trying to imply that these atomizers were an improved version of the Joye-510. They are simply a different brand of product. I resent the deception portrayed by this site.

K

nofumar

ECF Veteran
May 6, 2009
USA
I got 8 packs of these JSB's from East Mall a while back along with some carts. They didn't match up so I sent the atties back. They let me keep a pack that I had opened. I used a cut down cartridge cover to hold them together and gave one a try. Liked it. Didnt seem to burn as hot and gave huge vapor and I don't have to top off as much. Very easy draw and pretty good taste too. It's nice having both kinds, I usually have two going at once anyway and the two variations work well together.

Looking at the two pictures, I have a good idea why the second one, or the 'clone' vapes better - the increased juice flow is down to the fact that the juice doesn't need to squeeze through the gap between the ceramic pot insert and the tube wall. As soon as i saw the pic I thought, 'aha! That's a better design'.

It is also a more direct (shorter) route for the juice.

Kameleon

Jul 30, 2009
E-mailed Eastmall:

Ed@Eastmall said:
Hi John,

RE: “that were advertised as the "new Joye 30k activations" long-burn”

I think you may have “our” advertising confused with that of Innovapor.

We prefer the customers to make their own assessments about a product so avoid statements like that.

But as I posted on ECF:

“David has changed all 510 atomisers yet again in favor of the Gold Band ones. This brings them in line with the outward appearance of the 401's gold band and we're also working on a new 510 battery with a golden swirl but also these don't cause an issue with existing carts in the marketplace.

Unfortunately, better or not - the ECF members who have grown to love the joye 510's can't agree on which is better so we have decided to stick with the old internals, just with the gold band.

The new atomisers will be featured in a new device we are co-developing and will have some special features added to only suit this device. (sorry but at this time, it's all I can reveal) but stay tuned!”

So no, we only have the ones with the gold band available.

Warm Regards
Ed.

lotus14

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 3, 2009
Columbia SC
i picked up 7 of them from IV and have 3 more regular kind from RMV. when i get my prodigy im going to try the IV ones and see how they last on it.

edit: oh yeah...the IV attys came with their own, different and properly fitting carts on them.

How do they compare to the original joyes?

Does anyone know of a supplier for them besides IV?

pj12

Apr 30, 2009
I like them them much better as well, only problem with them is that the old cartridges have a loose fit to the new atomizer, and the cartridges that come with the new atomizer are smaller, and there is no end piece that you can pop off like on the old cartridges, and that piece is what stops liquid from coming out. Minus those problems, I use the old cartridge and take the loose fit because to me anyway, these atomizers are superior.

Liscab

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Mar 15, 2009
Miami fl.
Then Randall must be removing the atomizers that come with the Joye 510 kits and replacing them with the "new" style attys.

All of the "old" ones I have have 2 holes.

Posted elsewhere by bernel......

Old atomizer:

dscn6575.jpg

and the new one:

dscn6576x.jpg
I finally bought my 510 but it was from goodprofet, it was an special price the atmys from him match the top one.I don't have any from Randall yet

Nepenthy

ECF Veteran
Jun 16, 2009
Cbus, Ohio
To use my 30+ old carts with these, I put a small dot of clear fingernail polish on the bottom of the cart that will .... up against the atomizer and that keeps it on there pretty well. I have started to just carry a 3ml bottle of juice with me, 2 drops on the atty and whatever is needed to top off the cart, so Im not changing carts very often anyway. PTB mod is tricky with this since the cart fits loose. The PTB is pretty rigid and tends to push the cart back out once the ptb is smashed up against the atomizer bridge. Someone recommended making vertical cuts to the top of the ptb which would probably alleviate the cart getting pushed out, but havent tried it yet. All the 510's ive had leaked anyway and these new attys dont seem any better or worse in that aspect.

HighTech

ECF Veteran
Jun 25, 2009
USA
I finally bought my 510 but it was from goodprofet, it was an special price the atmys from him match the top one.I don't have any from Randall yet

The attys from Randall are like those in the top pic, they are original JOYE equipment. He answered that question before I ordered and I just got my order in and they are indeed original Joye products... He buys directly from Joye. They are the "new" ones, in the sense that they have two holes, instead of the old design that had four. Randall does not sell the "new and approved" or whatever you want to call the knock-offs, to my knowledge. Go to IV or EM for them...

Last edited:

Some Guy

ECF Veteran
Jul 17, 2009
Ct. USA
I think it's just you. I wanted the new atomizers to be great and I didn't care if they were knockoffs, but the one I have is just awful. It draws way too easily, it's like sucking through a McDonald's straw. It wicks very poorly, I can get 2 or 3 drags off it and then it needs to rest for a couple minutes before there's any juice ready to vaporize.

I've gone back to it several times because I really wanted it to be great and I keep thinking maybe I just missed something but it consistently fails.

On the other hand, it's good to know that it's working great for someone.

I have to agree with Boredoftheworld.

I have 2 of the so called "improved" attys that are supposed to last 30% longer. Or was it 3 times longer? At any rate they both vape similar to smoking a broken cig. I have covered 2 of the 4 holes where the atty meets the battery with tape and most often cover a third hole with my finger trying to get thicker vape. I think maybe 30% longer = 30% less heat. I will probably dissect one to see what makes it tick (or not tick) and keep the other for emergencies or just send it to the OP?
I too am glad they work great for someone.

ArizX

Aug 15, 2009
Miami
I have to agree with Boredoftheworld.

I have 2 of the so called "improved" attys that are supposed to last 30% longer. Or was it 3 times longer? At any rate they both vape similar to smoking a broken cig. I have covered 2 of the 4 holes where the atty meets the battery with tape and most often cover a third hole with my finger trying to get thicker vape. I think maybe 30% longer = 30% less heat. I will probably dissect one to see what makes it tick (or not tick) and keep the other for emergencies or just send it to the OP?
I too am glad they work great for someone.

I agree. Compare a fresh loaded 510 cart with an LTv9 with a fresh cartomizer. The LTv9 has a thicker draw and more importantly, a warmer vape that is similar to analog smoke. Even when my 510 produces a good vapor output, The smoke seems too cold and dissimilar to the real thing. IMO, a fresh smoke51 cart is the best vapor producer. Too bad they are 3 bucks a pop and suck for refilling.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread