Status
Not open for further replies.

wv2win

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Feb 10, 2009
GA by way of WV
It's not about public perception.

If vaping is dangerous or not as nothing to do with it. No smoking signs existed before we knew that it was bad for us.

It's about respect and common sense. Two attributes that the human race is notoriously lacking of. And so... We need signs.

View attachment 280960 View attachment 280961 View attachment 280962 View attachment 280963

It's not because it is dangerous that these signs exists (well sometime it is) it is mainly because it is a public disturbance and people are simply to dumb to get it or to careless to comply without a sign.

Even if the sign doesn't work, it at least gives the cops an excuse to give well deserved tickets (can't wait to witness the crap storm that this last bit will trigger mouhahaha :evil: ).

The chick that wears to much perfume is wrong to wear to much perfume and the ......... that listens to music to loud in the subway is... well... a ..........

Nothing prevents us from being douchebags and give bad press to vaping. It is the land of the free after all.

What a laughable, incongruent response.

You advocate that we should act like vaping and smoking are exactly the same. You equate vaping openly in public but respectfully as a "public disturbance" when it is not done in a smoking area. So according to you, when I vape on the park bench at the local park where smoking is prohibited, I am creating a "public disturbance" and I'm just an inconsiderate d-bag.

So anyone who vapes publicly but respectfully and with common sense but not in a designated smoking area is a d-bag. And the fact that it has been proven that there is no harm to others from second-hand vapor is not important. And providing the perception to the uninformed that smoking and vaping are the same and equally dangerous is also not important.

If you are not just a "troll" from the ANTZ camp, you really should consider joining them. Your so-called "logic" blends well with theirs.

Caridwen

ECF Moderator
Senior Moderator
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 15, 2011
I don't smoke cigarettes. I'm not going to act like I do, or let other's treat me like I am.

The objection to smoking around others was second hand smoke. That's why it was banned, not smell. Not an issue with vaping. Now they want to move the goal posts, and I've played all the games I'm willing to play with the non-smokers and ANTZ. They have to take their passive-agressive whine somewhere else.

If you care anything about your rights, vapers shouldn't fall for this and they shouldn't be allowed to get away with this.

Last edited:

SimianSteam

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 2, 2013
The Jungle
And the attacks on those that advocate vaping respectfully have begun... I'm SO sick and tired of seeing vaper on vaper hate just because some feel that it's perfectly reasonable NOT to spout huge plumes of unidentified vapor/smoke (and to the vast majority of the public they appear to be the same thing!) in public places.

I really think it says a lot about the juvenile attitude of some people that they believe that sating their addiction is more important than the comfort of everyone around them. This IS the United States of America, and we are free, but your freedom only goes as far as the person sitting next to you. What gives you the right to disrespect them by making them inhale whatever it is you're exhaling?

SimianSteam

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 2, 2013
The Jungle
I don't think the people who feel the need to vape everywhere were smokers.

Sometimes I wonder. I'd think that smokers would've gotten used to not being able to smoke wherever they want. Maybe it's just a case of the pendulum swinging back: Smokers who felt they were 'persecuted' (which is laughable) suddenly feeling like the shackles were released, then clamped back on without warning...

stevegmu

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 10, 2013
6992 kilometers from home...
Sometimes I wonder. I'd think that smokers would've gotten used to not being able to smoke wherever they want. Maybe it's just a case of the pendulum swinging back: Smokers who felt they were 'persecuted' (which is laughable) suddenly feeling like the shackles were released, then clamped back on without warning...

Or, they could still be smokers who took up vaping so they could 'smoke' wherever they want.

Notorious C.I.G.

ECF Veteran
Nov 30, 2013
United States
If I'm at a place like a bar (unless it's smoke indoors) or restaurant, I'm gonna vape outside to avoid confusion and disturbance, even if it's not really bad. But people's attitudes really bother me. As I just posted in another thread, my brother told me to "leave that thing here, it looks weird" when we were going out to the bar last night even though he knows I go outside to use it, while he never said that about cigarettes. One of his friends started going on about an "idiot" she saw in a wheelchair vaping, "if you're in a wheelchair already, why would you smoke ecigs" she said. People are quick to judge others.
92660.jpg

wv2win

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Feb 10, 2009
GA by way of WV
It looks like smoking. Education won't solve that fundamental issue. If a hillbilly at Walmart sees someone vaping and lights up a cigarette, then says he thought it was allowed because of the person vaping, the no e-cig signs will appear the next day.

Just like you don't support CASAA and those wanting to protect our ability to vape, you boil the whole issue down to "it looks like smoking". So despite the supported truth that vaping is not harmful to others, we all just need to roll-over, play dead, accept the lies and be good little sheep and pretend that smoking and vaping are exactly the same thing. Education is just useless.

If more Americans during the late 1700's were more like you, we would all still be subjects of the British Commonwealth.

Caridwen

ECF Moderator
Senior Moderator
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 15, 2011
Like it or not I don't see vaping being allowed indoors at all. True I would love to see Vaping Sections in restaurants and such but don't see it happening. Its just not "Politically Correct" anymore and you are not going to convince most people that its not smoke cause it does have a scent...true a lot better then cigs but a scent none the less and it will linger if you don't have ventilation.

Cigarettes weren't banned for their scent. People knew what smoking smelled like. When the surgeon general determined that second hand smoke was dangerous to other's that's when they were banned.

SimianSteam

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 2, 2013
The Jungle
If I'm at a place like a bar (unless it's smoke indoors) or restaurant, I'm gonna vape outside to avoid confusion and disturbance, even if it's not really bad. But people's attitudes really bother me. As I just posted in another thread, my brother told me to "leave that thing here, it looks weird" when we were going out to the bar last night even though he knows I go outside to use it, while he never said that about cigarettes. One of his friends started going on about an "idiot" she saw in a wheelchair vaping, "if you're in a wheelchair already, why would you smoke ecigs" she said. People are quick to judge others.
92660.jpg

Yeah, it's going to take quite a while for eCigs to normalize. That's one of the reasons I still have a Volt (808) kit. There are definitely times when you're going to be somewhere that allows smoking but taking hits off a big mod might cause consternation.

Imagine how the Europeans must've felt when people first brought tobacco back to the Old World. Men walking around exhaling smoke! Freaking magic.

stevegmu

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 10, 2013
6992 kilometers from home...
Just like you don't support CASAA and those wanting to protect our ability to vape, you boil the whole issue down to "it looks like smoking". So despite the supported truth that vaping is not harmful to others, we all just need to roll-over, play dead, accept the lies and be good little sheep and pretend that smoking and vaping are exactly the same thing. Education is just useless.

If more Americans during the late 1700's were more like you, we would all still be subjects of the British Commonwealth.

No. I won't support CASSA. They partner with NORML. I don't want that associated with e-nic.

wv2win

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Feb 10, 2009
GA by way of WV
92660.jpg

His friend is amazingly ignorant. Keep vaping and not giving in to their ignorance. I like the Sheldon pic!:thumb:

SimianSteam

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 2, 2013
The Jungle

The personal attacks are completely unnecessary, and need to stop.

As has been said before, just because something isn't harmful doesn't mean it's not a disturbance. Talking on a cell phone isn't harmful, but it's been banned in some places because it's a disturbance. Why is it so difficult to see that exhaling clouds of an unidentifiable substance into the air causes a disturbance? Why is your comfort more important than those around you?

The Patriots fought to be free. That's not freedom to do whatever the hell you want, it's freedom to not have to put up with crap as well. By your reasoning the Revolutionary War was fought entirely for your comfort, not the 20 people around you that don't want to inhale the cloud you're visibly exhaling.

wv2win

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Feb 10, 2009
GA by way of WV
No. I won't support CASSA. They partner with NORML. I don't want that associated with e-nic.

Stop your LYING! As kristin (CASAA board member) accurately explained to you in the thread on that topic, CASAA does not support NORML. And you didn't support CASAA way before CASAA and NORML just happened to be on the same side of an proposed resolution in CA.

sonicdsl

Wandering life's highway
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 11, 2011
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread