No Guns Allowed

Status
Not open for further replies.

ExtremeDooty

ECF Veteran
Aug 5, 2017
Michigan
So I went to the pain doctor today and I noticed that the No Guns Allowed sign had been removed from the cork board next to the Reception window. I was always kind of annoyed by that sign especially since it was a homemade sign and it wasn't an official Michigan No Guns sign. I felt somewhat offended by the sign and mostly ignored it.

As I waited at the reception desk I scanned the cork board and found the reason why the No Guns sign had been removed. They needed room on the board for a new sign. Wait for it.....

No Electronic Cigarettes Allowed on Premises.

Somehow I managed not to break out laughing or bang my head on the wall a few times. At least I can carry my gun now, just so long as I don't bring my Armour Pro along with it. :facepalm:

ScottP

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 9, 2013
Houston, TX
So I went to the pain doctor today and I noticed that the No Guns Allowed sign had been removed from the cork board next to the Reception window. I was always kind of annoyed by that sign especially since it was a homemade sign and it wasn't an official Michigan No Guns sign. I felt somewhat offended by the sign and mostly ignored it.

As I waited at the reception desk I scanned the cork board and found the reason why the No Guns sign had been removed. They needed room on the board for a new sign. Wait for it.....

No Electronic Cigarettes Allowed on Premises.

Somehow I managed not to break out laughing or bang my head on the wall a few times. At least I can carry my gun now, just so long as I don't bring my Armour Pro along with it. :facepalm:

Sounds like a Dr. that needs re-educated.

United States

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 17, 2018
RVA
Wow....just....wow.

Reminds me of an article I read recently that stated and I quote "that is probably not a real flash drive in your kids pocket, but is likely an e-cig disguised as a flash drive"...

No actually that is a flash drive sir or madame, my kids carry e-cigs that look like carpenter pencils but thanks for telling me...

BrotherBob

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 24, 2014
Sunnyvale,CA,USA
So I went to the pain doctor today
Going to your pain doctor is an oxymoron.
re: "An oxymoron is a rhetorical device that uses an ostensible self-contradiction to illustrate a rhetorical point or to reveal a paradox. A more general meaning of "contradiction in terms" is recorded by the OED for 1902."
Perhaps your physician has more problems than you or was not the brightest in his class. Either way, might be time to shop around.

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
Maybe this doctor's office is supremely anti-health, and by "guns' he mean biceps or less specifically "muscle tissue?" And now that the NO exercise is good and done, perhaps he like wants to make sure everyone smokes now?

In any case, that is not a doctor's office I would be frequenting frankly.. Unless it was to photograph the signs for my edification and entertainment.

Anna

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
In the doctor's defense, most public places have signs up stating no smoking allowed. These places make no distinction between smoking and vaping. I vape, but if I was in the waiting room I wouldn't appreciate another vaper blowing vapor clouds beside me. There's a time and a place for everything.

gpjoe

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 30, 2013
Up North
Damn. I usually go to the doctor with a 1911 on one hip and this on the other:

coolfire2.jpg

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
I don't buy that attitude, @Baditude . Sorry, this is because like, England lets you vape in HOSPITALS, encourages it even.

We need more, "PLEASE vape, don't smoke in our waiting rooms. Second hand vape has been proven totally harmless, in fact FIRST hand vape is getting there."

I would pay double my copay for that sign. Etc.

Anna

ScottP

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 9, 2013
Houston, TX
I don't buy that attitude, @Baditude . Sorry, this is because like, England lets you vape in HOSPITALS, encourages it even.

We need more, "PLEASE vape, don't smoke in our waiting rooms. Second hand vape has been proven totally harmless, in fact FIRST hand vape is getting there."

I would pay double my copay for that sign. Etc.

Anna

Vapor was once in someone's lungs and is a visual clue just how far and wide a person's breath can travel. When sitting in a waiting room with potentially sick people it can feel kind of creepy thinking about what potential virus might be in that vapor heading your way.

Yes this is true anywhere, but in a Dr. Office you are more likely to be thinking about it.

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
I feel creepy anyway. I always found the "sick" and the "well" child waiting rooms particularly amusing. I mean, they did not have separate ventilation systems or anything.

Let's face it you are at a pediatric waiting room.. Your kid is either sick about to be sicker, and like, either that or healthy, but about to scream their .... off concerning their shots, then sick.

I would find vapor in the air reassuring, I consider it vaguely microbial.

I do not EVEN worry at my job. I'm just like, here I sit, in a giant fountain of germs. Lets hope no one has flesh eating bacteria. It's about all you can do. Oh, some doctors wear masks and stuff, I notice they seem to get sicker more often, to be quite honest.

Never Overfocus, that is my motto but to be fair, I have ADHD.

Anna

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread