No Idea, need help . . .

Status
Not open for further replies.

mitzeli

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 1, 2012
louisiana
I have been off cigarettes for 8 months. Lately I have gained 10 pounds and want to smoke. I moved my nic back up to 18mg from 12mg (started at 18mg). I was very happy with vaping before and have no idea why all of a sudden I am having problems. I did smoke for 37 years and have been under stress, but lately nothing seems to satisfy me. If I vape to much my heart starts to race, but still not satisfied. What is going on? Please help me. I recently lost 50 pounds (now at ideal weight plus 5lbs., thank God I built in a buffer) and don't want to gain it back or start smoking again. :cry:

klynnn

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 20, 2012
prattville
I smoked 48 yrs and have been vaping for 15mos now. I have also put on 20lbs yuck. I have no desire to go back to cigs ever. While I was considered skinny before I am not happy with the weight gain. My latest bright idea was a zumba class and believe it or not I'm having a ball. Retirement is boring as hell and I needed to get out and shake it up a bit.

Ryedan

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 31, 2012
Ontario, Canada
Sounds like your nicotine level is correct at 12 mg because you are showing signs of too much nic at 18. I have not experienced this myself, so this is just an uneducated opinion. I've read that some people have found wta's good in your situation. Here's a thread on it with a lot of info. Check it out and see what you think. I'm sure there is a lot more info on this on the web.

LedGecko

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
May 14, 2009
Tampa Bay, FL
Something similar happened to me. In hindsight I had trouble telling the difference between "need nic" and "had too much nic", because I was constantly vaping or messing with the device. Try putting it down for an hour, and switch to a new flavor. After an hour or so (if you can last that long), it should feel satisfying again. Switching flavors helps by making it feel different. Then any time you feel like it's not working, remember to take a break.

klynnn

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 20, 2012
prattville
Same here. I used to work a high stress job and all of a sudden in life I am at a loss. I think logs really do have some sort of a anti depressant in them, I think they call them maoi inhibitors but even so I much prefer my vaping life. The exercise in a class setting is fun and next I'm thinking of taking up painting, but that's after I get skinny again LOL.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread