No more analogues and 4 milestones in one week...

Status
Not open for further replies.

knobbysmoo

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 1, 2011
North Texas
Hi all,
It has been 6 weeks since I started vaping and quit the cigs after 33 years of smoking 1 1/2 packs a day. This week I experience 4 big milestones and thought I would share.
#1 Got in my car and realized that I hadn't pulled out my ashtray subconsciously (first time since I started driving).
#2 Jogged 30 minutes without feeling like my lungs were going to blow up (haven't done this since I was a teenage).
#3 Sat outside and visited a friend without wanting to reach for a cig.
#4 Played a board game without having to take a time-out for a cig break.

I know they may not seem huge to non-smokers, but if you have been a smoker for a long time you know it is those little things that give you that sense of accomplishment. Anyone have any "milestones" they couldn't believe they had finally reached?

Rosa

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 18, 2010
Beaverton, Oregon!
Anyone have any "milestones" they couldn't believe they had finally reached?

I found that after about 6 months, my e-cig usage began to drop off and I'd even "forget" to vape at the usual times. Once, I was on a date with my hubby and we went out for dinner and then walked to the movie theater. I realized after we sat down with our popcorn and drink that I had FORGOTTEN to vape after dinner!

Probably the first time in 25 years that I didn't crave nicotine after a meal (including all the times I quit cold turkey or on the patch). And the best part is that I didn't run out to the parking lot to get my vape on, I just thought, "oh well" and watched the movie like it was no big deal.

For me, that was a big AHA moment when I realized the true potential of these e-cigs. It's like they are everything that I'd always wished that cigarettes could be. I love them :)

That's awesome! Congrats!

I've been vaping for 14 days. After 30+ years of smoking, I haven't had a cig since I started vaping. The most incredible thing is that I haven't really wanted a cig since I started vaping! The true test was when I went out and drank beer. With my eGo in one hand and a beer in the other, SUCCESS! I never thought I'd say this, but quitting smoking with my PV has been astonishingly E A S Y...
I'm already lowering my nic level in the juices - my goal is to get down to zero nic and still vape.

HOORAH FOR VAPING!

Rosco

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Dec 23, 2010
KCMO:>)
more room in my pockets now that lighter and cigarettes aren't there. No coughing...at all anymore. No more burn spots on clothes,furniture,carpeting. More cash in my wallet. Staying on my eliptical until I want to get off.

Yep, I've noticed a few milestone for me after 40 years of smoking. :thumb:

Congratulations....to us ALL.

DonG

ECF Veteran
Nov 5, 2010
Jville, AL
about 4 weeks into a conversation with a stranger who was curious about my EGO, my daughter who was with me piped in "and my lunch money doesn't smell like smoke anymore".....not really a milestone but it sure felt good and made me realize how bad my smoking habbit really was. I always sort of kept the opinion that "it is MY bad habbit so leave me alone about it".

Zurd

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 10, 2010
Montréal
Isn't it funny how small those little "aha" moments would seem to someone who never smoked, but to us they almost deserve a medal! :)

We need to set up an award reward system like they do in video games these days.

>> You just received the AHA-Dinner Award for not thinking about a smoke after dinner!

Misha707

ECF Veteran
Oct 9, 2010
Leawood, KS
Mine was at about 2 months in without smoking. A co-worker said I thought of something this morning, I haven't heard you cough in forever! So I baked you brownies to celebrate!

I hadn't even realized it myself, but she was right, my cough was gone! And I had always thought it was my allergies, couldn't possibly be a smoker's cough. No way. Lol, yeah, right. :)

jennikj

Feb 24, 2011
Wisconsin
I'm still smoking some analogs every day but I do make myself go outside for them now...so one of my aha moments was cleaning off my tv and computer screens today and I didn't have to scrub like mad to get off the disgusting yellow crap that used to be on them from the analogs. It only took a few seconds to clean them instead of 10 or 15 minutes! Woo HOO!!

I have a horrible analog craving first thing in the morning when I wake up, too. That's why I keep a full high nic tank on a fresh battery on the bedside table.

Same here. I use the eGo-T all day, but keep a 510 of high MG normal tobacco flavor next to the bed for the morning. My old routine was to get up, head to the porch and light up. I figure not only am I NOT having that analog, but now I can stay in bet a little longer as well. It's win/win! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread