Status
Not open for further replies.

fright88

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 21, 2011
Loveland CO
I don't think I have seen anyone say they were using plated wire yet. I did once see someone in jest mention gold wire but because of cost it wasn't taken very seriously. One issue I can see with gold plating is it flaking off either because of the bends heat or rubbing on the threads.

As for Silver NR wire a lot of people have used dead soft and it works great but can break fairly easily so you have to me gentle with it. My own expierence with it is it doesn't work well with crimp beads but works ok if you twist the wires instead but I can never get a second wrap out of them because they usually break at that point and if you wrip the wick to tightly it can break at the twists also.

Anyways hope this helps good luck with your NR wire search.

Oddy

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 9, 2011
UK
Ty Fright. i might still try the plated stuff. i'm currently hooking both wires at the joint(tiny hook in each wire) and putting a silver crimp bead over the joint wich is holding well to great effect and tidy aswell.

i don't forsee too much problems but was wondering if any fumes would be produced from the gold plate

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread