Penelope question about no resistance wire!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ezkill

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 26, 2012
Los Angeles
That's a loaded question...too many factors.

Much like random atomizers are quoted as lasting 15-60 days, it's impossible to say. Depends on amount of juice, type of juice, vape style and a bunch of other things.

Average use...could last you 3-4 weeks. Heavy use with thick VG juice 1 week maybe. Will it still work at that point? yes probably as I've never blown one. Just won't function as well.

That's the best answer I can give you. I've always replaced my coils before they've actually failed because I'm experimenting but I know people who have had the same coil for over a month.

fright88

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 21, 2011
Loveland CO
Pretty sure Bruce is either ordering the nickle nr wire directly from wires.co.uk or he is getting it from Imeo who orders from there. When iAtty came out I looked for hours for a US source for the nickel wire but no one had internet ordering so I ordered 50g from them and have been using it ever since (over a year)

So if you want silver search the net there are 98765432123456789 places that sell it even amazon. If you want Nickel I recommend either COV or if you want it in bulk order from wires.co.uk it may hade a higher initial cost but 50g will probably last you half a lifetime. Heck I split my spool up in 4's and even after a year (well over 150 coils) I still have enough to last quite a while.

MickeyRat

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 4, 2011
Hickory, NC
Ok I've that many are using .999 silver wire. But what is the NR wire that COV sells? It says nickle but i cant seem to find nickle or i don't know what to look for. can someone point me in the right direction.

For those in the US:

Nickel NR wire
Silver NR wire

I've used both and they both work. The silver seems a little flimsy to me. I like the nickel a little better.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread