No throat hit?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zkenny

Nov 15, 2014
Denton, TX, USA
I'm a pretty experienced vaper, I've owned my share of rda's, Clearos, blah. But one thing I can't wrap my head around is why some nicotine juices aren't giving me a throat hit at all. It's almost like there's no nicotine at all, while other juices deliver it pretty well. I have 3 bottles here, all 6mg, but only one gives a nice throat hit while the others have none. Any reason for this?

Kloverz158

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 10, 2015
ATL
Agree on the pg/vg but still there will be alot of factor goin in to this. You have three could it be from same producer? Even if its not or the from the same producer everything is made different some batch is made better then others. So I have learn to not compare juice even if they are exactly the same. Like for instance my to go is Vintage Legend out of 5 15mil only 3 will be great as in throat hit and flavor the other 2 ill try and steep it if not ill just drip it different. So in all nothing is gonna be the same as the other one. Hope that helps.

Zkenny

Nov 15, 2014
Denton, TX, USA
Thanks guys. And no, all three are different. Sorry I don't know too much about this whole e juice thing, it's just when I get three flavors in the same nic, I almost always expect some kind of throat hit, but two just didn't give any at all. Is it normal for some nic juice to not give a throat hit? I thought it was that anything above 6mg would provide you one.

Steam Loco Motive

Verified Member
Jan 19, 2015
Heraklion,Creta,Greece
rda's aren't famous about the throat kick. the main reason is that the airflow is laterally, not beneath the resistance. if you like to vape with rda's such as zenith,plume veil, tug boat e.t.c. you will must be reconciled with the idea that you will have a lot of taste, big clouds but no throat kick. Otherwise you can, as they say the mates above, to start diying with you liquids. So instead of raising nicotine mg's you you can only increase the pg rate. Something like 30% vg, 70% pg will awake your throat!

Rat2chat2

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 16, 2013
North Carolina
When I was buying juice, I had the same problem you are having. I did not like juice being inconsistent. I suppose that (and the cost) is what got me interested in DIY. I find it to be a great hobby and very rewarding. Since I have started making my own, I know what is in it and I no longer have any problems with throat hit. I do prefer a lot of throat hit so I make 24mg juice. It has been my experience that you can also add a bit of zing by adding a drop or two of PGA (Pure Grain Alcohol) to the atomizer. I have also added drops of Peach flavored Vodka to some of my peach recipes with success. Just my :2c: and what I do. Good luck to you and happy vaping.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread