No Wick CE5?

Status
Not open for further replies.

RoseB

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 3, 2012
Washington
I bought one about 2 months ago. Mostly just to try a clearomizer(prefer cartos& carto tanks). That model requires a lot of twirling, because it has no wicks. It burns easy. On the plus side they are cheap. Dropped mine on a rock it didn't crack or anything, so they are fairly sturdy.The others are right. There are way better clearos on the market.

Choc_Addic

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 26, 2013
Caldicote tunnel
I have one from FT and I like it fine...

Compare to my EVOD head also from FT (mind you that lots of people here do not like the coils that comes with them and usually re-coil those. I have not @ 2.4 Ohms.)

FT CE5 no wick.
Good VAP (not as mush as my driper but still very good)
Vap is warmer than EVOD.
Not having troube with non wicking issue as others indicated.
My fav morning clearo, as my CE4.
No leaks except condensation drop. Cleaned off with vap towel after about half a tank.
One month old and did an wash, burn wash and dry. Still going strong.

EVOD heads 2.4 ohms.
First 1/4 tank of juice tasted like crap (I washed and dried when received). Improved afterwards.
Taste cooler than my CE4 and CE5 wickless.
No leaks.
I like it just fine for all day except early morning which I pick up my CE5 wickless since I like some warm hits.

Would I recommend CE5 , Yes. But as always, YMMV as you may find some duds with any vendor. I'm ordering some more with my next order. As I always say backup to backup to backup is my motto!

Regards.

Bc1010

Jun 9, 2012
Syracuse, NY
Interesting. I'm not a big clearo fan, but I may have to give these a try. They look like the V1 Stardust before you could take them apart and change the heads. That would be a big step backwards, I think.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

I agree it would be nice if there were replaceable heads...probably won't be long before there is.

Bc1010

Jun 9, 2012
Syracuse, NY
I bought one about 2 months ago. Mostly just to try a clearomizer(prefer cartos& carto tanks). That model requires a lot of twirling, because it has no wicks. It burns easy. On the plus side they are cheap. Dropped mine on a rock it didn't crack or anything, so they are fairly sturdy.The others are right. There are way better clearos on the market.

I'm pretty sure there isn't a clearo I havent tried. Care to make any suggestions?

Bill's Magic Vapor

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 8, 2013
USA
The CE is what you get before you discover the other better 20 toppers, including most bottom coils, the Protank, cartos and tanks, etc. Not a bad place to start, but not the best either. EVOD gets my vote as best clearomizer starter topper, then add the Protank. They both use the same coil heads which is nice. My two cents.

djsvapour

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2012
England and Wales
Hi All,
I'm thinking of purchasing what is called a CE5 wickless clearomizer found here
Clearomizer Ce5

I haven't been able to find many reviews so I thought I would ask here.
Has anyone tried these and what do you think of them?
Thanks!

i.i.r.c. these got some exposure here in the UK. The story is actually quite funny, as the vendor that had bought them to everybody's attention said there were one or two teething problems. When asked to specify, things got out of hand and he ended up storming off a forum.
Basically, everyone is giving them a wide berth! :)

belsenj

ECF Veteran
Jul 13, 2013
East Northport, NY USA
Not a fan. I have one of these, and yes you have to twirl it to keep the juice flowing into the holes. Not much heat or vapor either.
Besides that, getting a replacement cart for it may prove difficult. I feel I wasted my $ on this thing.

May a suggest a mini ViVi Nova. Just got 2 and I love them!! Near perfection with no leak, lots of nice vapor. Can't go wrong.

crxess

Grumpy Ole Man
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 20, 2012
Williamsport Md
They are actually Based on the CE4 not the CE5
CE4 does not come apart for cleaning. i.e. totally disposable
They also DO have wicks, you just cannot see it.

From manufacturer:
Short Description:
Developed on CE4,wickless(hidden) structure with 2 holes on it allows e-liquid flow smothly and be heated steadly.

Wick is inside the center pipe.

5 Evod's would cost about the same(Fasttech) and have an almost endless life span with coil replacements.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread