Noalox running Into batteries??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Caffusss

ECF Veteran
Oct 12, 2010
California
Hi there...
I have had a short in my Reo once right after cleaning...I think it may have been do to the Noalox running into the battery?? The noalox is old and has clear liquid and the gray is separating the clear is very runny and I put quite a bit on the firing pin...I was using a aw high drian 1600mah battery. Short happened two drags after cleaning. Next time I cleaned I used a trust fire protected battery that was chraged and it just wouldnt work. Next time I will be more careful with the Noalox!
Anyone else think they may have had a similar experiance?? Want to know if this may be the reason for my short.
Thanks
:confused:

samwest

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 7, 2011
Gainesville Texas
Noalox and other anti oxidation / anti galling compounds can be found just about anywhere electrical supply hardware stores ect.
If it is separating you can try to mix it together better or get some more It's chheeeaap! You dont need but a dab to treat all of the surfaces on your PV. It's just to prevent oxidation which can get stuck in the threads and ruin the them. Go easy with the stuff and everything has a shelf life (even Noalox).

Caffusss

ECF Veteran
Oct 12, 2010
California
Thanks...I am making sure it's mixed better before I use it again...I know it's cheap for the amount you use, but its not sold in grocery stores...I have two boys aged three and four....so I dont like going out much. I'm just wondering if this could have been the problem with the batteries.....when I first cleaned the Reo...but the batteries and Mod are fine now.
I know noalox is used for the threads on the silver bullet...but the only place you put it on in the Reo is the firing pin..which is right above the battery.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread